Loving the LC WOE but one small complaint

Options
gdaydreamer
gdaydreamer Posts: 56 Member
Since starting LC I find it very easy to stick to. I love that I am never hungry, and I am enjoying the varieties of foods. My husband and kids, while not eating LC, are very supportive.

BUT there is a LC thief in the house lol.
My low carb flatbreads and wraps seem to be vanishing along with the turkey, cheese, lettuce, and bacon I make them with.
My string cheese and pepperoni seem to evaporate in thin air.
Beef jerky and nuts simply disappear.

Nothing that takes any real preparation vanishes: wings, burgers, steaks, chicken breasts all appear to be immune to this phenomenon.

But somehow the pork rind bag and SF jello cups are instant victims of the LC Bermuda triangle that activates the moment I leave the room.
Is any one else experiencing these mysterious occurrences or is it just the sneak thieves in my house?

Replies

• RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    LOL, I think I had the same thief at my house but in my case it turned out to be my husband. He's now preparing to join me eating LCHF. :)

I can't blame the thief (thieves) at your place though cause those foods of yours sound yummy. :)
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Well...since my hubby and I are both doing this it should be like that, but we gravitate towards different foods. Maybe I just buy so much that I don't notice it going missing!

My daughter is a total carbivore so she doesn't take our food. Once she eats through the carbage in the house she may have to resort to the cheese and meat snacks though!

It's not hard to believe that the yummy snacks would go missing...so tasty.
  • gdaydreamer
    Options
    The hubby really can't go LC with his kidney issues (too much sodium) or he probably would. And the kids have no interest in giving up their carbs right now, but boy they are quick snatch my treats before their own.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Somnambulism?
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I live with two vegans, so the only thing we "fight" over is the green leafy veggies. :) Maybe you need to padlock a cupboard or two!
  • gdaydreamer
    Options
    I think the 15 yr old boy would gnaw through the chain lolol. He is currently in the bottomless pit stage. The little twirp has grown a foot in the last year and now is tall and skinny and has to look down at me. I keep telling him I can still take him though lol
  • MindfulMother
    MindfulMother Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Rosegirl1 that is too funny "carbage fairy"
  • gdaydreamer
    Options
    lol my cats are all over me when I eat too! The hubby says it's because I spoil them too much. But I really don't give them food off my plate often.... that's the problem with rescues... they always act like they have to scavenge. :wink:
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    LOL! My husband and boys aren't tempted by my LC/fake-sugar goodies. ;)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I think the 15 yr old boy would gnaw through the chain lolol. He is currently in the bottomless pit stage. The little twirp has grown a foot in the last year and now is tall and skinny and has to look down at me. I keep telling him I can still take him though lol

Eeks. You are scaring me. I have a almost 14, 12 and 9 year old in the house and all are growing and eating at great rates but they haven't hit a teenaged growth spurt yet. I'm worried I won't be able to keep up to their appetites.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    lol my cats are all over me when I eat too! The hubby says it's because I spoil them too much. But I really don't give them food off my plate often.... that's the problem with rescues... they always act like they have to scavenge. :wink:

Mine is also a rescue, arrived as a feral kitten, I still have scars from him. Now he's more like a cuddly teddy bear. But he's never been interested in human food before. Same goes for my SO's cat, we watched him swipe a packet of pork scratchings off the table, run off and rip it open last weekend. We were not sure if we should tell him off or be impressed. Funnily enough, he's another rescue.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »

Mine is also a rescue, arrived as a feral kitten, I still have scars from him. Now he's more like a cuddly teddy bear. But he's never been interested in human food before. Same goes for my SO's cat, we watched him swipe a packet of pork scratchings off the table, run off and rip it open last weekend. We were not sure if we should tell him off or be impressed. Funnily enough, he's another rescue.

Koujo the raccoon does this here. He LOVES pork rinds! I cave and just let him have em. I figure if he's smart enough to find his way to them and open them, he can have them. (and he doesn't live in the house 24 hours a day. I can put him back outside in his pen when I get tired of his antics.)
  • missholls910
    missholls910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are both LC (finally!) so I make him his own goodies and he lays off mine. He likes the low carb pumpkin muffins I make him and in return he won't eat my cheesecake bites. My son is 7 so as long as I tell him that it's "diet food" he gets grossed out and won't touch it. Except he loves my homemade cheese its so I have to make extra.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are both LC (finally!) so I make him his own goodies and he lays off mine. He likes the low carb pumpkin muffins I make him and in return he won't eat my cheesecake bites. My son is 7 so as long as I tell him that it's "diet food" he gets grossed out and won't touch it. Except he loves my homemade cheese its so I have to make extra.

Low...carb..PUMPKIN MUFFINS. Excuse me while I go google a recipe.
  • missholls910
    missholls910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »

Low...carb..PUMPKIN MUFFINS. Excuse me while I go google a recipe.

@Kimo159 I have two recipies.

https://onmywaytohealth.wordpress.com/2012/09/19/low-carb-pumpkin-cream-cheese-muffins/

http://www.lowcarbsosimple.com/the-best-low-carb-pumpkin-spice-muffins/
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    @missholls910 thank you!!
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just made lunch for my hubby and I and found that most of the cheddar cheese was gone - he feigned innocence. I had to remind him that LC doesn't mean all you can eat cheese.