Options
phloresita
phloresita Posts: 1 Member
New in this. Please share recipes

Replies

• cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    https://lifeisarun.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/tasty-tuesday-amaze-balls-a-k-a-clean-eating-meatballs/

I don't have very many recipes...but I stumpled on the one above and it is AMAZING!!!!!
  • jen_n_memphis
    jen_n_memphis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No recipes , just back to basic is the key, super clean, 3 ingridents per food item, if processed. 1 meat, 1 veg, 1 fruit for lunch. No bread pasta pizza cakes cookies and chips. Skip breakfast, intermittent fasting works. Today I had a tuna packed, 1 egg, 1 avocado and 1 Apple.
  • kimberlywashburn
    kimberlywashburn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a clean eating cookbook, which has really good and practical recipes. It's called "Clean and Hungry." You can probably get it from your local library.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    No recipes , just back to basic is the key, super clean, 3 ingridents per food item, if processed. 1 meat, 1 veg, 1 fruit for lunch. No bread pasta pizza cakes cookies and chips. Skip breakfast, intermittent fasting works. Today I had a tuna packed, 1 egg, 1 avocado and 1 Apple.

Good plan - except I never skip breakfast. If I do I graze, snack and eat crap all day, not to mention the horrible headache I get to deal with.

Breakfast is oatmeal, hemp hearts and a berry of choice... because berries are low in sugar.
  • mariesilva726
    mariesilva726 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love making zucchini or yellow summer squash in Spears take out the center and fill with ground turkey or tuna
  • ajomalls
    ajomalls Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Another great cookbook is Practical Paleo. There's a lot of general health info in the front of the book which supports the clean eating lifestyle. She's also organized the book into different menu plans for different types of health concerns. (It can be a little overwhelming) But the recipes in the back are great. One of the things I like about this cookbook is the make ahead meals that you can prep on the weekend but have on hand quickly to eat when "real life" takes over and you don't have time to prepare something but want to stay on track.
  • albatrosssherpa
    albatrosssherpa Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I find most of my recipes now on Pinterest. Some have been good- some have been awful. Last night I tried oven roasted radishes- they are amazing. Taste very much like oven roasted potatoes; the radish taste goes away. I do all my food prep and cooking on Sundays so that I am not without something to eat on the fly. It's sometimes laborious but worth it.
  • lizandrashaw
    lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I can't do oats, but I use leftover quinoa the same way. If you add some Greek yogurt, it thickens up nicely.
  • originalkelli
    originalkelli Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    What works for me is filling up at least half of my plate with vegetables. If I eat the veg first, I get full faster and stay full longer. I've cut out everything but fruits, veg, meat, nuts/seeds. Does oil count? and maybe one dairy a day, such as greek yogurt or cheese. I also have subscribed to clean eating emails, like eating well and hungry girl. Instead of scrolling facebook, I read healthy eating emails and plan out my next few meals.
  • snowdays
    snowdays Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What type oats do you get for the overnight oats?
    \
  • auntjudith254
    auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think the best are the least processed ones, like steel cut oats.
  • speleer
    speleer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined MFP today. Have been a clean eater for years -- except when I'm not. Can't get too off course, or it doesn't work at all. The trouble is, as you all know, clean eating takes quite a bit more effort. One thing that is imperative for me is to have the refrigerator stocked with foods that are clean, read-to-eat (which means I've prepared them), varied, and tasty. In the hot months, I try to have one or more types of salad in the fridge, to which I add nuts or seeds, and maybe fruit (especially if something is now in the too-ripe category). I've also been adding a few blue cheese crumbles. As I look at the fat content of cheese (as shown in MFP calculations), it's clear I've got to slow down on the cheese. And in the winter/fall months, I always have homemade soups that are stuffed with vegetables stored both in the fridge and in the freezer. They make a great snack when I'm wanting something tasty but not counterproductive. I'm looking for new ideas for making vegetables tasty -- especially non-root vegetables. Going to try the oven-roasted radishes mentioned above. Thanks!
  • Schpau51
    Schpau51 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am interested in learning more about clean eating
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • suarez73
    suarez73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been "eating clean" for a while now and I feel so much better. It's difficult to eat clean at most restaurants and that can be challenging, especially if you don't eat red meat or poultry.
  • pasewaldd
    pasewaldd Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oats, also. There is no end to the possibilities!

• Orionschild
    Orionschild Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make overnight oat smoothies for breakfast! 1/3 cup oats, 1 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup greek yoghurt and a cup of frozen berries or cherries. I also like to use the same smoothie recipe to make popsicles as an after dinner treat.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    100DaysRealFood.com is a great website for clean eating with lots of recipes.