Loving the LC WOE but one small complaint

Options

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Ah, this is one time I am glad my wife is a vegetarian and my daughter is a super picky eater. Fortunately, my wife's vegetarianism has to do with the texture of meat and not the whole "ooh, it had a face" mentality. She has actually been very supportive. As for cheese, since both of them like that, I stay safe by primarily getting the spiciest cheese I can find because my daughter is a complete wimp and spicy food is something my wife stopped being able to eat ever since her pregnancy with my daughter. Neither of them like pork rinds (not sure how that is possible for a human).
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    my kids hate pork rinds too....totally weird, right? @cstehansen
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I just made lunch for my hubby and I and found that most of the cheddar cheese was gone - he feigned innocence. I had to remind him that LC doesn't mean all you can eat cheese.

If it's nice, aged cheese (lactose converted to lactic acid...), then he could have some dry wine or perhaps a shot of straight gin with each piece for a more diverse meal plan.
  • missholls910
    missholls910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »

One of y earliest childhood memories is eating "porky rinds" with my dad. Makes me sad that my son doesn't enjoy them too....
  • missholls910
    missholls910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    I just made lunch for my hubby and I and found that most of the cheddar cheese was gone - he feigned innocence. I had to remind him that LC doesn't mean all you can eat cheese.

Do you mean this isn't a single serve package?!?!?!?

5m54r6xcuay2.jpg

I wish someone would have told me it wasn't all you can eat cheese before I ate a pound of cheese and had tummy troubles for a week......
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Looks single serve to me...specially anything Tillamook! I have three flavors in the fridge right now. It's the one thing I can't seem to let go of...cheese!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

@RowdysLady - I have to be careful of the smell when opening the bag (EDITED TO ADD: BAG OF PORK RINDS). It's kind of ... off-putting... but air it out? Then eat away, absolutely! LOL
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »

Do you mean this isn't a single serve package?!?!?!?

5m54r6xcuay2.jpg

hahaha :D Well, according to him, it is! He was so sneaky about it...I never realized we were running low until I grabbed the barely there cheese square out of the fridge to weigh out 2 oz for lunch. (1 for him, 1 for me). He's just lucky I wasn't counting on it for a recipe in the works.

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Tillamook (and my lack of self control :o ) is the main reason that my daughter calls me the 'daddy mouse'!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

Not totally weird! I don't like them. Sorry but they seem to have a strange odor to me.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@RowdysLady - I have to be careful of the smell when opening the bag (EDITED TO ADD: BAG OF PORK RINDS). It's kind of ... off-putting... but air it out? Then eat away, absolutely! LOL

I'm with you on that! I don't like the smell of a new bag either...and it was you or maybe @Sunny_Bunny_ who suggested adding popcorn seasonings...I love that. And I cheese em up and nuke em then dip in salsa sometimes too.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ and I like to trade tips and tricks all the time, so there's no telling there. Just be careful not to use too many seasonings - the "cheese" and "ranch" ones have corn syrup solids... But yeah, we do stuff in homemade ranch/sour cream dip often. Even bell pepper strips! Yum.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I started putting my cheeses and meats and such in the vege crisper when my kids lived at home. No way would they look in there. Now they've moved out I still do it, my hubby knows that general fridge real estate is for "us" but anything in the vege drawer is mine for work lunches, snax etc. Works well.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

Sure it does, lol!
  • gdaydreamer
    gdaydreamer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Went to make myself a LC wrap for lunch and found the turkey, shredded cheese and pepperoni were all gone lol. How do they even eat it that fast?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »

Sure it does, lol!

Technically, it doesn't necessarily mean you're limited to cheese as your only food, with oil and liquor as your only beverage choices.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Roseygirl1 wrote: »
    Ha! In my house, my LCHF goodies never disappear, but huge sub sandwiches and large bags of chips mysteriously appear. Thankfully, I am immune to the particular goodies this CARBAGE fairy leaves in my house.

That darn Carbage fairy keeps leaving sour patch kids and pringles around the house. She even brought me Lindt chocolates, my favorite. I have been giving them to my daughter instead!

Tillamook cheese is great, I love pepperjack and their marble cheese.. idk what Americans call it. Colby Jack? It's good! I also have feta, goat and jalapeno cheese strings. I love cheese lol
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Sigh...just went to make lunch. Fridge is empty. Thank goodness for eggs and butter and I found the last two slices of salami were hidden on a shelf in the back.
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Speaking of carbage fairies, we purposely haven't bought Halloween candy yet.

Then yesterday a package arrived for my husband from the company he works for filled with candy and other treats for Halloween. They've been whispering to me ever since.