Low carb cauliflower- zucchini rice

jhajni
jhajni Posts: 30 Member
Hey lovelies,

Here is my lovely cauliflower, zucchini rice what I made with grilled broccoli, grilled mushrooms and grilled tofu for myself and home made low fat hamburgers for the rest of the family,

So the recipe for 3 pax

1 small head of cauliflower
1 small zucchini
1/2 onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic
salt
pepper
1/3 cup water
coconut/ olive oil
any other spices you like to use ( I used chilies this time)

1. Put the cauliflower, zucchini and garlic in a food processor and process it till it has a rice constancy and size ( It usually take 3-4 sec in batches
2. Sautee the onions till golden brown
3. Add the cauliflower- zucchini rice and cook together and stir it for a few minutes
4. Add the salt, pepper and the spices of your choice to taste of your preference
5. Add the water and cover and cook till the rice is soft (usually take 15 minutes or so)

Enjoy:) Great with meat, stir fries, you can make fried rice with adding eggs, you can make risotto type dishes and so on. Magical!

Replies

• nurselinda8
    nurselinda8 Posts: 22 Member
    Sounds like a FABULOUS IDEA!! I dont have a zucchini on hand, but have lots of pumpkins (both are squashes, so i am gonna substitute!!) I will try this for dinner tonite, thanks for a great idea for a "rice" substitute!!
  • nurselinda8
    nurselinda8 Posts: 22 Member
    I have copied & pasted your post as a recipe for my recipe files!! I tried it the other nite and it came out great; just used the cauliflower & minced up carrots & onions and let it saute with the water. I then added some Indian spices curry & garam masala with some cumin & garlic powder...it was truly fabulous!!!! Im going to try another variation of it tonite....thanks so much for posting this recipe here :)<3o:)

• asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Going to try this today thanks! I love the idea of curry to it also...this might be whats for dinner...