TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Sorry team, I have started the stair challenge; managed 300 yesterday and another 200 today and will report back tomorrow as I plan to have it finished then B) It is harder here in SW Florida to find stairs/steps than you would think. I only have about a 4" threshold in my home so have to get all of my stairs in at work.
    Looks like our team is off to a good start this week, just hope the others aren't saving up for the weekend ;)
  • niesjojo3
    niesjojo3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Team I finished the videos today and no late night snacking so far this week! Hope everyone has a good night Zzz
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I will have 648 when I go to bed tonight. Yes bedroom upstairs
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I almost procrastinated myself out of my run this morning, but while a little short it was a beautiful crisp day for a run. It may be all I get today. I will try to do some walking around my store in between paper work. I have to attain some work goals so that I can take Monday off.
    I would like to start heavy lifting on Monday & continue my daily runs, so I need less work time & more exercise time!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hi team, not sure how many of you scroll your news feed but this is sort of a double-up of my status. I'm having a rough time. I've got a lot going on in my personal life right now and I'm battling a bout of depression. I'm thankful for this challenge because it's helped me hold on a bit knowing I've got a team depending on me. I'm so up and down everyday, it's hard. I'm waking up and realizing early on that something's not quite right with me right now and I need to get my groove back. I found the motivation yesterday to run up and down my stairs to complete my steps, it was a good day and I wanted to take advantage of that. Wednesday was a bad day, but I forced myself up to get those videos done and the dancing put a smile on my face, so thank you for that! I woke up today feeling good for the first time in a few weeks, and I'm taking today and this weekend to refresh and come back strong on Monday. I'll do some light workouts but nothing too rough and no gym time either.
    I have gone without late night snacking everyday but Tuesday I slipped. I'm hoping to have the strength to get those 5 days in by Saturday night. I'll keep you all in mind when I have the urgency to stray to the pantry.
    I'm also going to make it a point to be sure I check in here daily. I hate when I feel like I've missed so much of the thread, I'm your captain and I need to be here!

Happy Friday, team <3
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to have time for a workout today :(:(:( I'm actually really bummed about it. I could have gotten up early to go for a quick run but my children woke me up around 1am and I just knew I needed the sleep if I'm to get through everything else I have to do today. I plan to at least watch the scenic videos while walking around, so that will give me 10 minutes, right? That sounds so pitiful but I think every little bit helps...
    @carinamenina you're very right, every bit counts! Good job figuring out a way to get something in.
    HI all! Grey, rainy, yucky day here, so I went to the gym before work.

I did another 5 minutes or 250 steps on the stair climber this morning. It is probably easier than actual steps, because I can hold on, so I am doing extra. I then ran for 35 minutes on the boring treadmill. I will do some store/home walking this afternoon to keep warm & for some extra minutes.
    @lpeltenburg Ugh - treadmill running is the worst! I always remind and commend myself after a treadmill run. If I just got through it and got it done - imagine how I would have killed that exact run if I were outside!
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    :) Broke 138 this morning. I am so excited. I was listening to a ted talk about the importance about sleep. So the break down on how he explained it is that your brain needs toxic cleaning daily. Brain is like a form of a sponge. This fluid has to go through to flush out the garbage. It can only do it when pores of brain are open which is while you are sleeping. While you are awake fluid runs off and cant clean. There are many times I like to fall asleep on couch and then hit the bed about 1-2:00. I sleep really sound on couch but TV is on and then I fall right back to sleep when I quietly get into bed. (no snacks) Last night I went to bed at 11 woke up what felt like every hour. My clock doesn't have a light and to lazy to look at fitbit. So my question is about interrupted sleep. I am going to try to retrain body to get to bed at a better time. This is really hard because I toss and turn for what feels like hours while husband is sleeping away. TV and warm blanket and I am out before a movie starts. Have there been studies on us TV people?
    @lynnbaum I'm the opposite, when the TV is on I struggle to fall asleep because I can't stop watching it. My husband sleeps with the TV on every night, but I've found facing the other way, and thinking about how exhausted I am and how early my alarm will be going off, it seems to help. Also a good chamomile tea is always good too, have you considered that??

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hi team, not sure how many of you scroll your news feed but this is sort of a double-up of my status. I'm having a rough time. I've got a lot going on in my personal life right now and I'm battling a bout of depression. I'm thankful for this challenge because it's helped me hold on a bit knowing I've got a team depending on me. I'm so up and down everyday, it's hard. I'm waking up and realizing early on that something's not quite right with me right now and I need to get my groove back. I found the motivation yesterday to run up and down my stairs to complete my steps, it was a good day and I wanted to take advantage of that. Wednesday was a bad day, but I forced myself up to get those videos done and the dancing put a smile on my face, so thank you for that! I woke up today feeling good for the first time in a few weeks, and I'm taking today and this weekend to refresh and come back strong on Monday. I'll do some light workouts but nothing too rough and no gym time either.
    I have gone without late night snacking everyday but Tuesday I slipped. I'm hoping to have the strength to get those 5 days in by Saturday night. I'll keep you all in mind when I have the urgency to stray to the pantry.
    I'm also going to make it a point to be sure I check in here daily. I hate when I feel like I've missed so much of the thread, I'm your captain and I need to be here!

Happy Friday, team <3

Good job for getting back to it & keeping at it. Every little bit, is a step in the right direction.

I had stopped taking my supplements last week, and by Sunday I was headed towards a serious depression. Fortunately my mom noticed (because I didn't run 2 days in a row & I barely moved). It is hard to move when you are depressed.

I know that this challenge & knowing that I have a team counting on me to get those challenges done & some exercise minutes is helping me.

Thanks for having the courage to let us know what is going on.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    For those of you that suffer with depression, I have found Cashews to be a wonderful remedy! Especially in areas like my great NW that have gloomy winter days. Here is a link that may help you. https://www.davidwolfe.com/cashews-prozac/
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Hi Team
    I finished my stairs on the stair master today. I have been to the gym every day this week so I am logging my time. I haven't eaten after dinner 3 out of the 4 nights. This is so hard for me. It's my favorite time to eat!! I will start the videos tomorrow. Going out with friends tonight. Everyone is doing great!!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Finished my stairs late this afternoon with final 240. No problems with Challenge 3; I don't snack at night.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm at an even 600 with stairs. Finish by the weekend. Videos will be done this weekend as well. Snacking did not go well. I did eat healthy ones though, veggies/ hummus and fruit but it's the worst time for me. Might as well go to bed. It's the only way I'll stop. Which might be a good idea as I don't get nearly enough sleep.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I feel like my walking this week has been down quite a bit from last week. I'm having some foot/shoe problems. Bought a new pair of shoes the other day to see if that would help and they are actually causing more problems. I have one more thing to try tomorrow and if that doesn't work they are going back. I have completed all the challenges though. One suggestion for those having trouble with the late night snacking is to brush your teeth. Seems silly but it might work for you. I know it does for me. Also wanted to point out that we are no longer in last place. :smiley: In fact, we are only 50 points away from being in third. Those extra challenges could help a lot. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Another 300 stairs yesterday, and the challenge is done! Also met my no snacking for 5 nights this week so all of my challenges are done. Will be a light minutes day again today but I will step it up tomorrow, no last place for our team this week!!!!
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Team
    I just finished the dance videos. I'm glad no one is home. I have to be good the next two nights for the no late night snacking challenge. Went out with friends last night so I can't count last night....
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    dance videos done. 300 more stairs done. It is so beautiful here today. Yesterday frost advisory/see your breath cold, to no sweaters today.