TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Just started the stair challenge. I have 4 steps to my front door so did a lot of repeats to get to 240. At least I'm on my way.
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Since my baby is sleeping (and no one else if home), I got all my dancing out of the way (LOL) - Ill head up to the local university tonight and do stadiums for the stair challenge! As for no dessert... does wine count??
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    @mckeon11: I think we can still have dessert (& wine) but I think the challenge is no night time snacking. I often snack on popcorn after 8:00, so none of that for 5 days.
    I personally gave up wine, for the week, just to see if it would make a difference & kick start some weight loss.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    xxghost wrote: »
    Hey Fours!

I managed to get a gnarly sliver in that tender spot between my toe and my foot, so my exercise might suffer a bit. But I am going to still get to the gym for some weights tonight, if nothing else. I can't bring myself to log zeroes on you all.
    @xxghost we appreciate it! And I commend your motivation :D You're awesome!!

• dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow great job on the stairs everyone!! I'm working on that up to 300 and counting! I must say I am most happy with the no snacking! I have done it 3 nights in a row!! Yay me!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am working hard on the stairs. I am at 492. It is really hard. Whole I was at work I went upstairs a couple of times just so I could count the stairs. Whoever said the keeping part was the hardest part of the stairs was right. I did the dance challenges I liked the one with the monsters Woman with purple shirt. I watched a couple yesterday while doing my fitness hula hoop. I tried it again but it just hurt to hoop. Anyone else hoop?? You have to toughen up to beable to do it a couple of days in a roll.
  • Fitbug92
    Fitbug92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Team, I have some logging to catch up on. I will get it done soon. I played my first golf game today. That was fun. My legs are sore, and I bet my arms will be so tomorrow.
  • niesjojo3
    niesjojo3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @lynnbaum I'm at 614 steps up my notes app comes in handy for keeping track during the day. Hoop fitness sounds like a lot of fun :-) Hope you have a great day!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to have time for a workout today :(:(:( I'm actually really bummed about it. I could have gotten up early to go for a quick run but my children woke me up around 1am and I just knew I needed the sleep if I'm to get through everything else I have to do today. I plan to at least watch the scenic videos while walking around, so that will give me 10 minutes, right? That sounds so pitiful but I think every little bit helps...
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    HI all! Grey, rainy, yucky day here, so I went to the gym before work.

I did another 5 minutes or 250 steps on the stair climber this morning. It is probably easier than actual steps, because I can hold on, so I am doing extra. I then ran for 35 minutes on the boring treadmill. I will do some store/home walking this afternoon to keep warm & for some extra minutes.

@carinamenina 10 minutes is definitely better than nothing!
    @xxghost : hope your toe/foot is better!

Good job everyone on working on those stairs. I know it is hard!

• lynnbaum
    Options
    :) Broke 138 this morning. I am so excited. I was listening to a ted talk about the importance about sleep. So the break down on how he explained it is that your brain needs toxic cleaning daily. Brain is like a form of a sponge. This fluid has to go through to flush out the garbage. It can only do it when pores of brain are open which is while you are sleeping. While you are awake fluid runs off and cant clean. There are many times I like to fall asleep on couch and then hit the bed about 1-2:00. I sleep really sound on couch but TV is on and then I fall right back to sleep when I quietly get into bed. (no snacks) Last night I went to bed at 11 woke up what felt like every hour. My clock doesn't have a light and to lazy to look at fitbit. So my question is about interrupted sleep. I am going to try to retrain body to get to bed at a better time. This is really hard because I toss and turn for what feels like hours while husband is sleeping away. TV and warm blanket and I am out before a movie starts. Have there been studies on us TV people?
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I sent my question off to the Jillian Michaels podcast. I will let you know if she replies
  • Rinde99
    Options
    I've heard that the best quality sleep is without any electronics in the room, particularly without tv running in the background. Don't know if there's any science to this, however.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    This is my question, With the TV I fall asleep. Without I hear every creek in the house. We live in a farm house
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    I have found lately that the only way I sleep very well is with ear plugs. My house is not noisy. DH snores, but like you he is a couch/TV sleeper that has learned (the hard way) to not come into bed after 12:00 if he has fallen asleep. When he comes to bed on a regular basis he feels much more rested and more cheerful.
    Here is an article on why it is bad for you though.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/02/19/why-you-should-never-sleep-with-tv-or-dim-lights-on.aspx
  • niesjojo3
    niesjojo3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Steps up complete! 778
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    @lpeltenburg thanks
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    So if I turn off my computer and lay down to watch movie with DH at 8 or 9, I am out by 9:01 then by what this website says "One hour slept between 9 pm and 12 pm equals three hours’ rest" I got a good 9 hours rest in. BTW If I am driving and I stop at a rest stop and close my eyes for 15 min. I am good to go again.
  • Rinde99
    Options
    At 540 steps. Should finish the rest tomorrow.
  • Fitbug92
    Fitbug92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Team, I worked on my stair challenge today. Just 110 steps more to go. I won't make it to the lighthouse but that is ok. I had to get my flu shot today. And my body feels tired. Not too mention yesterday was more active than usual for me. I will finish the videos tomorrow am before I head to work and get those stairs in. Going to eat dinner and head to bed.