What changes have/are you experiencing living this OMAD life? Please share, okay?!?

OMADing1
OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
This is my 4th month consecutive/consistent working/doing/living on Omad and here are some of the life changes I'm experiencing:

1.) No more hideous/scary dark circles under my eyes...they're completely gone and this makes me look and feel AT LEAST 10 years (or more) younger and much more healthier.

2.) My body is slimmer/trimmer and I'm down 4 almost 5 pant/jean sizes since starting OMAD

3.) No more stiffness and aches in my hands, feet, knees--overall joint and back pain is GONE. My eye sight is much better--I can walk for 2 hours (or more) with no pain or woe. Before OMAD, I couldn't even walk for 2 minutes without getting outta breath and feeling like I wanted to go to the ER

4.) I can get in and out of my car, the tub, and walk up stairs with ease.

5.) My shoe size is a whole size down from when I first started.

6.) Depression, anger, hopelessness, FEAR and boredom/doldrums is GONE from my life. I'm not as nervous and jittery, insecure and impulsive and restless as before OMAD. My relationship with my husband, friends and family is 100% improved. My overall personality is more positive and I'm catching myself "reacting" negatively FAR more and watching my thoughts and more important my words more and more each day, it's tremendous...this "self-control" and patience is, thanks in HUGE part to this OMAD lifestyle.

7.) I am remembering things much more, focusing much more, I'm not as easily confused/brain-fog and I'm able to meditate/pray longer and more without distraction and restlessness. I'm FAR more grateful and recognizing the value of humilty/being wrong forgiving and asking for forgiveness much more easily too than before this "business" of living OMAD--it's WONDERFUL!

8.) My hair is thicker and so much longer, it's growing like weeds. The gray hair is somehow disappearing too (not that I had a lot, but what gray hair had is HARD to find/see now!!!!) My skin is glowing and my fingernails are brighter, thicker and also growing like weeds.

9.) I LOVE drinking water now, before I hated it.

10.) I LOVE cleaning, dusting, laundry, organizing and reorganizing and house and garden work now. Before OMAD, it was a wearisome DREAD, now I LOVE it and living in a cleaner and prettier environment is instant gratification and exercise too. I'm able to make money selling the multitudes of HUGE clothes sizes I used to wear or just hanging around my closets, and I've been overall decluttering everything in my home (and life really) that I'm ridding myself of permanently---it's amazingly wonderful!

There's so much more, but PLEASE add somethings you're experiencing in your life, living this fabulous OMAD lifestyle!
robert-mankoff-relax-honey-change-is-good-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

zzzzzz7654107.jpg

xws_good_to_great_change.jpg

Replies

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited October 2016
    Wonderful results OMADing.....You rock!!

My changes since beginning OMAD:

1. From what others are saying...I'm looking younger. I don't see it yet because I stopped looking at myself when I gained weight a long time ago. This is something I need to work on because when I shut my eyes I can visualize my body but NOT my face. I guess I learned to block it out of my mind in order to cope.

2. I'm down a couple sizes...maybe three sizes. I didn't wear fitted slacks when I was heavy so polyester was my friend. It takes me longer to get ready for work. I try on so many clothes searching for something that doesn't look big on me. It's a great feeling but a little frustrating when I'm in a hurry. My shoes are getting looser and some are too big to wear.

3. I have a lot more energy and the afternoon slump I had at work is gone now. My focus is much better and I remember things easier. I don't walk a lot right now but didn't have trouble walking in the past. I probably can walk a lot longer since my energy is much higher. I don't think about food anymore and have a lot of self control.

4. I get in and out of the bathtub easier and when I sit down I can fit my hands on each side of my body where before, my hands wouldn't fit. I can stoop down and stand up without holding onto a chair or crawling over to something to pull myself up. (it wasn't a pretty picture) :/

5. When I sit or lay too long my bones start hurting where I've lost some padding. I can cross my legs without being uncomfortable. I sleep 6-7 hours regularly compared to 4-5 in the past. I can tie my shoes easier without holding my breath. I can blow dry my hair without my arms getting tired. I can bend over and put my hands flat on the floor and almost do a backbend..(half way)..something I did when I was a teenybopper cheerleader.

6. I'm craving vegetables and fruit and drinking more water. I'm still learning to drink vinegar and still getting used to drinking hot tea without sugar and cream.

7. My schooling and work background was Interior Design so I love changing furniture and pictures and decorating everything. I lost that pleasure for a while but now it's back and I love it. I'm an organizing junkie. I always have been but it is to the 10th degree now.

8. I don't worry about the small stuff like before. I was always worrying about my son and my age and who would care for him when I get old and die or if something happened to me how could I continue caring for him. That doesn't cross my mind anymore. I try to live one day at a time not worrying about the future, having a happy heart, a clear mind, staying in prayer and in His Word, and being thankful for everything God has blessed me with.

9. I can sit in restaurant booths with no problem now. Sometimes the seats were so close to the table that I had to ((((squeeze)))) in and it wasn't comfortable. I'm looking forward to the next time I travel. Being able to sit in the airplane seat without sitting like a statue to keep from bumping into the person sitting beside me. This makes it a long, long trip.

I'm sure there are a lot more life changing things that have happened to me on OMAD but I think you get the picture.

Onward and Upward...
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Have a great day!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Nice lists.
  • OMADing1
    edited October 2016
    Wonderful results OMADing.....You rock!!

My changes since beginning OMAD:

1. From what others are saying...I'm looking younger. I don't see it yet because I stopped looking at myself when I gained weight a long time ago. This is something I need to work on because when I shut my eyes I can visualize my body but NOT my face. I guess I learned to block it out of my mind in order to cope.

2. I'm down a couple sizes...maybe three sizes. I didn't wear fitted slacks when I was heavy so polyester was my friend. It takes me longer to get ready for work. I try on so many clothes searching for something that doesn't look big on me. It's a great feeling but a little frustrating when I'm in a hurry. My shoes are getting looser and some are too big to wear.

3. I have a lot more energy and the afternoon slump I had at work is gone now. My focus is much better and I remember things easier. I don't walk a lot right now but didn't have trouble walking in the past. I probably can walk a lot longer since my energy is much higher. I don't think about food anymore and have a lot of self control.

4. I get in and out of the bathtub easier and when I sit down I can fit my hands on each side of my body where before, my hands wouldn't fit. I can stoop down and stand up without holding onto a chair or crawling over to something to pull myself up. (it wasn't a pretty picture) :/

5. When I sit or lay too long my bones start hurting where I've lost some padding. I can cross my legs without being uncomfortable. I sleep 6-7 hours regularly compared to 4-5 in the past. I can tie my shoes easier without holding my breath. I can blow dry my hair without my arms getting tired. I can bend over and put my hands flat on the floor and almost do a backbend..(half way)..something I did when I was a teenybopper cheerleader.

6. I'm craving vegetables and fruit and drinking more water. I'm still learning to drink vinegar and still getting used to drinking hot tea without sugar and cream.

7. My schooling and work background was Interior Design so I love changing furniture and pictures and decorating everything. I lost that pleasure for a while but now it's back and I love it. I'm an organizing junkie. I always have been but it is to the 10th degree now.

8. I don't worry about the small stuff like before. I was always worrying about my son and my age and who would care for him when I get old and die or if something happened to me how could I continue caring for him. That doesn't cross my mind anymore. I try to live one day at a time not worrying about the future, having a happy heart, a clear mind, staying in prayer and in His Word, and being thankful for everything God has blessed me with.

9. I can sit in restaurant booths with no problem now. Sometimes the seats were so close to the table that I had to ((((squeeze)))) in and it wasn't comfortable. I'm looking forward to the next time I travel. Being able to sit in the airplane seat without sitting like a statue to keep from bumping into the person sitting beside me. This makes it a long, long trip.

I'm sure there are a lot more life changing things that have happened to me on OMAD but I think you get the picture.

Onward and Upward...

Absolutely WOW and BOOM!!! I'm telling ya what...these results are not only encouraging as can be to me, I'm so HAPPY dancing with/for you. If anyone hasn't told you lately, YOU are a wonderful person and a tremendous inspiration, period.

P.S.
    tumblr_ncaqpbsJtg1qjm9bpo1_400.jpg
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited November 2016
    Thank you B) ......You are a great inspiration to me...so right back at 'cha.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Amazing changes! That is terrific O!
  • DebSozo
    Saved, I have a special needs son who is 14 years old and worry about his future also. I can relate.
  • OMADing1
    My feet are continually shrinking...the new gym shoes I purchased when I started this thread were a 1/2 size smaller than when I first started OMAD in June 2016--the shoes still fit, but are looser and it's AMAZNG!!!

My skin (especially my face) is almost flawless...super smooth and clear and radiant as I've ever seen/felt it--AMAZING!!!!

My rings are sliding around my fingers--YIKES, but YAY!!!!

My double chin is almost gone, AMAZING!!!!

Did I mention I no longer have dark ugly circles under my eyes :p--STILL gone, mega AMAZNG!!!!

My size 16w's are getting super looser and perhaps as soon as next month, I'll be in a lower size, AMAZING!!!

That's all....for now o:)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Saved, I have a special needs son who is 14 years old and worry about his future also. I can relate.

Sorry to hear that. We mothers need to support our children no matter what. Bless you!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    My feet are continually shrinking...the new gym shoes I purchased when I started this thread were a 1/2 size smaller than when I first started OMAD in June 2016--the shoes still fit, but are looser and it's AMAZNG!!!

My skin (especially my face) is almost flawless...super smooth and clear and radiant as I've ever seen/felt it--AMAZING!!!!

Did I mention I no longer have dark ugly circles under my eyes :p--STILL gone, mega AMAZNG!!!!

My size 16w's are getting super looser and perhaps as soon as next month, I'll be in a lower size, AMAZING!!!

I'm tickled pink for you. You are an OMAD warrior and an inspiration to me. ♥
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member

Awesome stuff <3
  • OMADing1

I'm tickled pink for you. You are an OMAD warrior and an inspiration to me. ♥

And visa versa my friend...just love ya to pieces!!!! <3o:)<3
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I feel more energetic! I still need to find ways to lower my stress levels because I'm sure that would help a ton in weight loss and energy levels !
  • DebSozo
    I had some salty food last night and didn't bloat up. WHAT? This never happens for me. Is this a thing with OMAD? I will be thrilled if OMAD cures the water bloat issues.
  • DebSozo
    This is my 4th month consecutive/consistent working/doing/living on Omad and here are some of the life changes I'm experiencing:

1.) No more hideous/scary dark circles under my eyes...they're completely gone and this makes me look and feel AT LEAST 10 years (or more) younger and much more healthier.

2.)My body is slimmer/trimmer and I'm down 4 almost 5 pant/jean sizes since starting OMAD

3.)No more stiffness and aches in my hands, feet, knees--overall joint and back pain is GONE. My eye sight is much better--I can walk for 2 hours (or more) with no pain or woe. Before OMAD, I couldn't even walk for 2 minutes without getting outta breath and feeling like I wanted to go to the ER

6.) Depression, anger, hopelessness, FEAR and boredom/doldrums is GONE from my life. I'm not as nervous and jittery, insecure and impulsive and restless as before OMAD. My relationship with my husband, friends and family is 100% improved. My overall personality is more positive and I'm catching myself "reacting" negatively FAR more and watching my thoughts and more important my words more and more each day, it's tremendous...this "self-control" and patience is, thanks in HUGE part to this OMAD lifestyle.

7.) I am remembering things much more, focusing much more, I'm not as easily confused/brain-fog and I'm able to meditate/pray longer and more without distraction and restlessness. I'm FAR more grateful and recognizing the value of humilty/being wrong forgiving and asking for forgiveness much more easily too than before this "business" of living OMAD--it's WONDERFUL!

8.) My hair is thicker and so much longer, it's growing like weeds. The gray hair is somehow disappearing too (not that I had a lot, but what gray hair had is HARD to find/see now!!!!) My skin is glowing and my fingernails are brighter, thicker and also growing like weeds.

10.) I LOVE cleaning, dusting, laundry, organizing and reorganizing and house and garden work now. Before OMAD, it was a wearisome DREAD, now I LOVE it and living in a cleaner and prettier environment is instant gratification and exercise too. I'm able to make money selling the multitudes of HUGE clothes sizes I used to wear or just hanging around my closets, and I've been overall decluttering everything in my home (and life really) that I'm ridding myself of permanently---it's amazingly wonderful!

I would love improvements in the bolded areas myself. I'm excited to hear of your success and am hoping the same for me with OMAD.
    :)
  • DebSozo
    How are you selling clothes? Ebay or consigning?
  • OMADing1

2.)My body is slimmer/trimmer and I'm down 4 almost 5 pant/jean sizes since starting OMAD

3.)No more stiffness and aches in my hands, feet, knees--overall joint and back pain is GONE. My eye sight is much better--I can walk for 2 hours (or more) with no pain or woe. Before OMAD, I couldn't even walk for 2 minutes without getting outta breath and feeling like I wanted to go to the ER

I would love improvements in the bolded areas myself. I'm excited to hear of your success and am hoping the same for me with OMAD.
    :)

I can promise you, as you're faithful and bound and determined to stick to this OMAD lifestyle, you WILL see these results and a LOT more too!
  • OMADing1
    How are you selling clothes? Ebay or consigning?

Consignment--I HATE selling stuff on ebay.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited November 2016
    Some changes in my life were/are:
    1. Lost weight (47 lbs at lightest, 37 lbs down right now)
    2. Blood pressure from 140+/90+ to 11x/6x-7x
    3. Fasting blood sugar from 100-110 to 7x-8x
    4. Resting heart rate lower (upper 50's to mid 40s when fasted and rested)
    4. Triglycerides and cholesterol got better.
    5. Can actually jog now and was up to 60-min jogs
    6. Can tie shoes without having to hold my breath
    7. Can ski a lot better not having to fight all that inertia
    8. lost about 5-inches in the waist
    9. feel a lot better about myself
    10. have energy at the end of the day and into the evening and don't get the afternoon crash
    11. saved a lot of money on lunches and snacks

I'm sure there are more but I'm happy with those.

I didn't get any improvement with my hair though:)
  • DebSozo
    ^Bob-- Wowzers! 5 inches off of the waist? And the improved health markers must make the physician happy. It sounds like you are enjoying sports and life more in general.