First time Fathead!

Options

Replies

• tribal351
    tribal351 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've made fathead pizzas and meatsa's a couple times. I tend to eat too much and go way over on my calories, so I had to stop. Delicious though.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I made my first Fathead pizza tonight and I was really happy with how it came out. Better yet, my non low carb hubby really liked it. I also used a Passata sauce, it's much lower in carbs than other jarred sauces.
  • lamiller82
    lamiller82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this as "crackers"? My family is big on cheese balls during the holiday, and I was contemplating replacing some of the crackers with this crust.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    lamiller82 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this as "crackers"? My family is big on cheese balls during the holiday, and I was contemplating replacing some of the crackers with this crust.

I haven't but I'm totally going to at some point
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I posted this question in a new thread but this one has a lot more activity. For all your FatHeads out there, have you ever had fully-cooked pizza left over? How long did it last and how well did it hold up the next day? The day after? Extra. Does the dough or your toppings get soggy? Did you store in the fridge or the freeze? How did you reheat it?

Thanks.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    I posted this question in a new thread but this one has a lot more activity. For all your FatHeads out there, have you ever had fully-cooked pizza left over? How long did it last and how well did it hold up the next day? The day after? Extra. Does the dough or your toppings get soggy? Did you store in the fridge or the freeze? How did you reheat it?

Thanks.

We haven't had leftovers yet! Too yummy. I'm making a double next time

• bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Omg this is amazing! If this can make good left overs then I might be making this all the time!

bt8hzoqfeq78.jpg

8nuncaoto87g.jpg
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I too can eat the entire pizza in one sitting!!! I'm not a big fan of tomato sauce so I'll do pesto or garlic or both. Cream cheese mixed with a little salsa.......
  • VertBert
    VertBert Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My first time Fathead. Single batch recipe...made 2 crusts...perfect personal size.

vgh9ddrtk5yp.jpg

4dpoekb2rfjf.jpg

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Smart idea, I should try the personal size, then it might be easier to flip and crisp...
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know if anyone has mastered this dough as a base for "bread" for a sandwich?

I always make a big pizza, have two pieces and then freeze the remainder, it keeps for a bout a week for me, probably more, but It's too tempting lol
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    bininj wrote: »
    What is the base made of? What does fathead mean?

Here's a link to the recipe.
    http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/
    I think there are some slight variations of it out there too ???
    I've heard of people adapting this basic recipe to make crackers too and it mentions that in this link as well.
    I've never tried it myself. I always make pizza without a crust at all. I've always avoided it because of the fiber, (doesn't digest well for me) but upon looking at the recipe, it's quite low fiber as well. It might actually be something I could eat on occasion.
    If nothing else I should make these for the family and get them off the low carb tortillas I currently use for their crust. They still contain wheat. I hate using them but my son and husband don't care for my crustless version. I really should make a sandwich bread for my sons lunch too. :/

I make "pizza" with just mozzarella, pepperoni and a light sprinkling of granulated garlic, baked in the toaster oven until bubbly and crispy at the edges. I'll either so it as one piece or as individual bites (a little cheese and a piece of pepperoni, which comes out more crispy).
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    gopoadspf9s8.jpg
    Third time making fathead pizza!! I can literally eat this every night for dinner and not get tired of it. It tastes just like regular pizza, maybe even better?! Besides making pizza, you can cut up the dough into strips and eat them as breadsticks, or maybe make a cheese bread (reminiscent of Little Ceasar's).
    Tonight I topped it with a tablespoon or two of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, salami and pepperoni.

• canadjineh
    Options
    I still haven't made this yet. Only three more dinners til Jamaica. I better move it. I seriously procrastinate with new recipes. I can't hardly be bothered when on keto. I was way more adventurous at 100 g carb level. I do have all the ingredients...

• kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I made one last week and crackers too after seeing this post, it was very good and filling
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I found this link today that has a bunch of ideas using fathead. Worth trying! :)

http://healthylivinginbodyandmind.com/24-fathead-cheese-dough-recipes-low-carb-gluten-free/
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yaaay, and Thank You All!! I finally got the gumption to make the recipe (way easier than I imagined) and even non-low-carb hubby thought it was awesome. I just pressed it by hand between the two parchment sheets into the pan, then after cooking 15 minutes slid it off the pan via the parchment underneath and flipped it onto the other piece of parchment to do the other side for another 5 min.
    Between the two of us we only ate 3/4 of the pizza. He had half and I had 1/4. Perfect. And it left a lunch for me for tomorrow. Two shots of the pizza.... first one with sausage pasta sauce and veggies only to go into the oven and cook them on broil, then topped with cheese, artichoke hearts and hot capocollo for another broil. This recipe is a keeper.
    npz2tvqvix9g.jpg
    3tonkh2cz69j.jpg

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    So I tried to make Fathead using only coconut flour (that's all I had on hand)...it was really dry and grainy. It seems like you'd need about 1/3 the coconut flour as compared to the almond.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Update... I ate the other 1/4 of the pizza a couple hours later at 9pm. It was too good to resist.