Good Evening!

Options
mbvenske
mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
My name is Mary, and this group (at least the title) called to me! I am back on this site for the 3rd time in about 5 years. Recently went for a physical and was told I need to get my weight, cholesterol, and blood sugar level in check before I need to start the meds. Needless to say, I left there and hit McDonalds for lunch!! But that was last week, then I remembered this place and decided to do something with myself. Day 3 and so far so good. I've been staying within 100 of my calorie goal, and been keeping my carbs down. I am looking for any support I can get, with the intent of giving all the support I can!! I'm a stress eater and mood eater. I'm looking forward to hearing from you all.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Replies

• lori415m
    lori415m Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary, I'm Lori. I too am a "mood" eater which usually takes place in the evenings. I would like eating to become a "need" for nourishment and not a "want" just because something isn't quite right.
    Good job on getting started and already achieving a goal of staying within 100 of your calorie goal!! Keep going one day at a time.
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi Mary. Last time I was on MFP was over 3 years ago. Lost over 50 lbs over 2 years on MFP, then another 30. Just put the 30 back on from Spring to now. I think I wasn't acknowledging my moods and let food be my go-to. I too find my want for food goes up at night. Lori, I like your reminder to take each day one-day-at-a-time!