Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Sounds like it was a wonderful celebration for all of you. Your children and Mike's must have been amazed at the crowds. So dear Buzz, hope you can get some rest. I know all of this would be exhausting to me.
    Busy busy day for me. I made a list, then got sidetracked. So I've only managed to mark off two items from my list of 12 or so.
    See you later!!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,062 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween! Happy Monday!! Bryanna and I went to see Robby in his Batman costume and to my surprise my son was working from home today. We took some pictures and made some memories. Robby cannot wait to knock on the doors and say trick or treat and hope they give him candy. It was all he talked about. lol Ran some errands, including grocery shopping and now doing laundry.

Buzz, your description of Mike's service was beautiful, I am sure he was smiling as he was watching. Now comes the hard part when you realize he is gone forever. I am so happy you are in such a great community, they look after their own and I know they will be there for you.
    Try to take care of yourself now and get some rest, don't hesitate to ask anyone for help.
    Love you. BTW, great picture of Mike, such a handsome man.

Phoebe, I hope your headache is gone and you managed to get your list done.

Marie, glad you are able to put shoes on, hopefully your ankles will go down once you reduce the sodium.

Have a great Halloween!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Buzz sweetheart thank you for sharing Mike wiit us. you and him has a wonderful life together
    marie.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    i think I on the link phoebe sent me But lost the glitter facebook right tract with the Sneakers I have resign up still no luck. ?WHat is my post saying and what date?
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Buzz, thank you for sharing with us. God bless you.
    Chris
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing such a huge emotional ride in my life. I still feel Mike watching the whole thing [the glass over the photo! Yes, I loved his strong features, and I'm thrilled you find him handsome and I think he would have laughed about it! ! valued how down-to-earth he was.
    PHOEBE, things will wait for you; you don't have to do more than a few things at a time! Dont tire yourself, dear! EVERYONE, I love you, too!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    edited November 2016
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    i think I on the link phoebe sent me But lost the glitter facebook right tract with the Sneakers I have resign up still no luck. ?WHat is my post saying and what date?

Your post is dated today, Marie.
    glitter-graphics.com/
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    A busy few days for me and what with our clocks having gone back Saturday night I'm missing that extra hour of daylight even when getting up early. This morning I had an hour swimming at the local pool and am now going to potter in my garden before walking George, attending the yoga class in the hopes the teacher turns up this evening and then an allotment meeting at the local pub! The rest of the week is mine to do as I please so with our continuing glorious Indian summer I'll hopefully be outside. A motorised door for the chicken house was installed at the weekend but doesn't appear to be working so I'm continuing to open and close manually. Before complaining to the company I'll reset and see what happens tonight!

Buzz ~ Wonderful to hear from you so thanks for taking the time to let us know you're alright. Hopefully a few family members stayed around to see you through the next few days while you deal with matters that have to be done although I know you are quite capable; it's just that there is a time when support from loved ones is invaluable and this is one of them.

Short and sweet today as it's already gone midday and what have I done?

Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well I've been for a long walk with the Bean. We had 2 freezing days, but today it is going to be 19C, what's that? 72F. Go figure. I've never known a November day that warm! All the cobwebs, ghosts, tombstones, blow up headless horsemen, giant cats and spiders have mainly disappeared and so we had a relatively Yap free walk this morning. I've been warned by 2 people now that the coyotes are in full pack in our neighbourhood and a small dog on an extendable leash was almost taken off by one of them. Only they aren't just coyotes anymore, these guys are coywolves! From interbreeding. So with coywolves on the ground and huge hawks overhead, it's a minefield walking one cat size dog in suburbia! It's best not to take Jilly out on the road between dusk and dawn. We only have the hawks to deal with in daylight.
    I've got Jillys home made stew simmering on the stove. It smelt good when we came in, so a coffee for me and alls well with our little world.
    Have a peaceful Tuesday everybody now the ghosts have gone home for another year.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,109 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Buzz, what a wonderful picture of Mike. Thank you for sharing it with us. He was a very handsome gentleman.

I too hope some family is able to spend a bit of time with you although I know you are surrounded by friends every day. (Including here online.)

Off this morning for Mah Jongg at a new location. And must drop off some library books that are due.

Time for the end of daylight savings time this weekend. I am already feeling a bit sad and sluggish with these shorter days.

Sunday was beggar's night here. I gave out candy and went through 8 bags. There are a few mini bars left that I will take to church on Sunday. Some very cute costumes, some tall boys in very frightening costumes and in general carloads of children I have never seen in my life and likely will never see again. I really enjoyed the little kids from the neighborhood. And nice to see the parents as well.

I am having a tooth extracted at the end of the month. I had to wait a few weeks because I preferred to utilize local numbing and gas. Most of the oral surgeons want patients pre-prepped for IV. I have selected one who doesn't insist on that but had to wait to get him.

More later. Hugs to all.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Yes.... all the goblins and gouls are resting this morning including mom and Isaac who are still sleeping.
    I was supposed to take him to the library and its 9:52 already and they are still sleeping. Fraser has gone to work early now. Isaac was a race car driver and his mom and dad were the pit crew. I got some cute pictures and will post when downloaded.

Buzz- Thinking of you today, I hope you have family around at least for a little while. <3

Shirley
  • Sandydur
    Options
    1116395p4i3rkuubn.gif

Happy Tuesday!! :) Going to Mass with Joe at noon and then out to lunch. Have a meeting tonight, although I sure would like to watch the Cubs but will hope for the best and should be able to see the end of the game. I had 3 kids for trick or treating and gave them each a quarter. I didn't buy any candy because I am too weak. lol

Have a wonderful day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • CALIECAT
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I have change primary doctor i hope for the best. i will go see him Monday.My Peimary doctor has reallylp gone doenhilllSorry help.
    Marie

• linder4866
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I have change primary doctor i hope for the best. i will go see him Monday.My Peimary doctor has reallylp gone doenhilllSorry help.
    Marie

Good luck with the new doctor Marie.
  • linder4866
    Options
    A belated Halloween puzzle.

s9w13qtmwfya.jpg

And surprise, a missing piece. I contacted the company and this puzzle is all sold out so they are sending me a different puzzle. Still think it is cute even with a piece out.

Lin
    Options
    I'm gonna ask this publicly because I'm not asking for the whole thing. I want to get this in the mail asap. Is Marie's address 220 or 214? Don't know why I get it mixed up so often. I have the rest of it. Lol!
    Sandy, talk about weakness, the grocery had carts filled with marked down candy! I made it, barely, glad Jim wasn't there, lol.
    Marie, that happened to me and I had to change doctors. Then the new one misdiagnosed me, and I changed again! Hope you like your new one.
    Shirley, I can see mom sleeping in but it's a surprise when baby does. They would be shaking me!
    We're back to work in the morning.
    Glad Anne gets a warm day, I'm trying to push our warm , or hot weather towards you! We reached appx 82 today.
    Buzz, my list is almost finished!
    Have a good evening
    Phoebe
  • linder4866
    Options
    OMG Phoebe, I have lost Marie's address!!! It has disappeared from my contacts!!!! Grrrr.
  • linder4866
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Found it. 218 is what I had. Maybe that's why I never heard from Marie when I had something sent to her??
    Options
    I'm gonna find it Lin. It's probably upstairs. I had it in my email address book on yahoo but it's gone. 218 sounds right too, lol!!
    Options
    You're absolutely correct Lin. Got it. Thanks so much.