Hello

Options
I am with 8 Pounds Down by Christmas. I'm ready.

Replies

• CdnLee
    CdnLee Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have been following the keto diet for 3 days now. I too am ready to lose 8 lbs by Christmas. Let's do this! :smiley:
  • ShannaOfgaia
    ShannaOfgaia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm starting the Louise Parker Method tomorrow and I'm looking for some accountability buddies. The LPM starts with a 6 week 'transform phase' that (if I start tomorrow as planned) will end on Dec 4th. I want to complete the 6 week phase and go into the festive season ahead of the game with healthy eating and workout habits in place so that I will get through the festivities without over indulging. :wink:
  • sisisisepuede
    sisisisepuede Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm getting married December 10th, so this will hold me accountable through and after the wedding!
    Do we just post our weigh ins each week?
  • whitbish
    whitbish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! I had a baby 6 weeks ago and am ready to start shedding some of this weight gain!
  • slimsue74
    slimsue74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to getting back on track. Just lost my father (beginning of September) and food has been a comfort. I was 1 pound away from my original goal, and now have some catching up to do. 8 pounds would about do it! Go time!
  • Kawkey
    Kawkey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm so glad you're all here! What do you think, should we weight in every Monday and let everyone know how we're doing? Does that work for everyone?
  • sisisisepuede
    Options
    I like that idea! Starting off the week with some accountability:) do we post scale pics(can we?) Or just our weight?
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss @slimsue74. Food is always so easily used as a comfort. Doesn't sound like you did too terrible. Stay strong. You'll back to where you were before you know it.
  • whitbish
    whitbish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think that's a good idea kawkey! Weigh-ins on Monday!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Weigh-ins Monday.
  • sisisisepuede
    Options
    should we have a separate discussion link for us to put our weigh-ins in?
  • avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Love it! Hope I'm not too late to join in!
  • CdnLee
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wondering if we should all start today or tomorrow. Starting weight Nov 1st? And start recording our weight loss beginning next Monday? Just a thought??? My starting weight today is 176lbs. (Don't have to state our weight if you don't want to - just our losses)??? - Open to everyone's thoughts here..
  • musicsunlight
    musicsunlight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in, will look up louise parker method. Today I weigh 138.6
  • avielosesit
    Options
    Great idea on a nov 1 weigh in ... especially since mine was disappointingly high this morning. 178.4. The thought of 170.4 makes me sooooooo happy. 8 weeks!

I had a work lunch today and ordered a lovely tuna salad. However, we shared zucchini fritti drizzled in honey to start. It was amazing. Amazing. But now I have few calories left for dinner so need to be wise!

My SIL is visiting from england for a week starting tomorrow. I'm committed to not let the extra eating out derail me!
  • CdnLee
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I worked a 12 hr shift and weighed myself tonight when I got home. I weigh 171 today, so I am down 5lbs!! :) I started 3 weeks ago at 180 and have been struggling to keep my original 4lbs off. I was eating too much meat, which I've never done before. This past week I ate more tuna wraps. Looking forward to the next 10!
  • CdnLee
    Options
    Today I remained the same :( I had ice cream at a birthday party on the weekend... didn't lose weight... but it sure tasted awesome! Better week ahead!!
  • avielosesit
    Options
    Helloooo! Bumping this up to the top.

I haven't done so well (that's what happens when you abandon MFP for cookies). And 8 lbs by Christmas isn't so likely. But 1 or 1.5 lbs IS realistic. Who wants to get this train started with me?