New to the loser bench :) I need friends

Options
How do you meet your goals and intake goals on mfp??? I had vsg on 9/4/2016

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I followed my nutritionist's guidelines at that point. I logged everything in MFP, but at the end of the day you cannot finish the day. MFP won't let you if you are below 1000 calories. Not a big deal, just don't finish it. :smiley:

Good luck! Read through all the old posts here too, lots of great information!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your surgery! It was a turning point for me in my life and I can honestly say all the changes have been positive (except the loose skin). I agree that you must follow your doctor's guidelines to be successful, but log, log, log everything. It is honestly the difference in losing and gaining. I had RNY Oct. 28, 2015 and I'm down 177 pounds. 7 more to the doctor's goal. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and I know you will do great! Anybody on this sight is a great friend with wonderful advise. Friend any or all and you will have the support you need!!!! Again, Good Luck!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Like Nicole874 said, you won't be able to finish out your daily log because your caloric intake will (generally) fall below the threshold MFP considers healthy. Just follow your doctor's orders, concentrate on getting the correct nutrition and enjoy the journey!

And of course, welcome!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Agree with what everyone said above..first thing is focus on what your doc says and the rest will follow. MFP has been a great resource for so many things..advice, recommendations, friendships.

Here are a few sites I like both Bariatric and not:

The World According to Eggface - ricotta bake and no pie pumpkin pie are awesome...must thank NicoleL874 for introducing me to the site. I also love the shakes and vitamins from their site

Bariatric Foodie - LOVE her taco casserole

Skinnytaste - healthy website, nutritional info included
    EmilyBites - same as above

Carlsbad Cravings - amazing website but Infind I need to tone down some of the sugars/high sugar items in some of her sauces. BBQ pulled chicken is fabulous but I can't eat it as the site recommends because the amount of sugar kills me and I get sick

Mel's Kitchen Cafe - not a healthy cooking site per se. There are some healthy recipes or you can modify as needed.

Damn Delicious - same as above (Mel's)
    Skinny Kitchen - healthy website
    Once Upon A Chef - not specifically a healthy site but again, you can modify as needed

Bariatric Choice - tons of products - I use this and Bariatric Eating as my go to sites

Thin Slim Foods - they sell low carb foods - including breads, pastas etc. the plain bread is boring but good toasted...the rotini was awesome and very low carb/low calorie. Tastes more like regular pasta, just don't over cook it or it falls apart like regular pasta. A serving is 65 calories (they use oat fiber as one of their ingredients)

Good luck!

• Adbrown1956
    Adbrown1956 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys sooo much sometimes you need extra advice to keep u motivated.
  • metalmaiden63217
    metalmaiden63217 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I had RnY on may 25, 2016 and down 113 pounds total :)
  • Buttaflyqueen74
    Buttaflyqueen74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Shelia and I had my bypass just this month November 1st. I'm just searching to see if anyone that had the bypass, sleeve, or the band that wants to share their experience and help motivate me or anyone else.