FOCUS T25: Nutrition

Options
This thread is reserved your discussion on nutrition during the ALPHA phase of FOCUS T25. Are you following the meal program for T25, or are you following a different diet? For example, are you logging your food, calorie counting or watching macros?

Replies

• katie2400
    katie2400 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking macros:)
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    For week one, I am going to follow the calorie recommendation for the JumpStart week, but I am not going to follow the menu. I plan to eat five times a day the first week with three meals and two snacks. The three meals are about 175 calories each consisting of a chocolate protein smoothie with a banana and blueberry base and veggies. The two snacks are cooked turkey breast, light string cheese and egg whites at 300 calories each. The second week, I am going to start incorporating foods that will sustain me as far as calories, nutrition, and binge avoidance for the long run. This means learning to eat the right kinds of carbs while still losing weight. I'm going to learn how to make homemade pasta sauces without the high fructose corn syrup, sugar, cheese, milk, salt and preservatives found in grocery store brands. I am making a meat sauce for next week. I used a canned pasta sauce and added (granulated) cooked ground turkey, granulated raw cauliflower, cooked frozen squash (Western Family), and a few zucchini and green bell pepper pieces that I found in my freezer. I granulated everything in a small food processor, and it seemed to bulk up the sauce well without adding unhealthy calories. The frozen squash took out the acidity and enhanced the sweetness really well. At 1.25 a box it is a great way to go. I add the raw cauliflower to almost all my ingredients as it is indetectible when ground fine enough. Most of these ingredients are also added to my smoothies. I am going to add in whole wheat noodles as long as I can burn them off. Otherwise, I might start with the fake noodles until I need to up my calories. This pasta sauce comes out to about 1800 calories for a whole pot. I'm not sure how many servings it holds, but I figured up the homemade sauce and it contained roughly 1/3 of the amount of calories as the store brand. It could be used on pasta or meat or even zucchini or spaghetti squash noodles from a spiralizer.
  • scanners107
    scanners107 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm following MFP recommended, have done in the past and lost weight.