GoaD on the Run -- Friday and the weekend

Options
This thread is for GOADies who like to run. New runners, old runners, and even wannabe runners meet here to discuss the joys and challenges of running. Use this space to log your miles, ask questions, share your race reports, or for anything else related to running.

New runners - and even those just thinking about starting out - are always welcome. There's no reason to lurk here. Join the pack and tell us about your running!

Oftentimes the GotR thread will pose a question or raise an issue in order to facilitate the conversation, but this is always an open forum to chat about any running-related topic.

Today's topic: would you ever try a tri? Sprint distance? One of the indoor types? How about a kayak-mountain bike-trail run variation?

Alt: what's your running agenda for this gorgeous weekend?

Replies

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    AOTD: I have done triathons! My first was a sprint distance in 2003. I've also done several indoor triathlons hosted by my fitness center as well as several other centers in the area. My longest triathlon was a half Ironman - I did 2 of those in 2005. The last time I did a triathlon was in 2006, just a sprint. I haven't done any since for a variety of reasons.

As for running this weekend, I have an 8 mile race tomorrow at a local forest preserve (crushed limestone trails). Then on Sunday, I'm heading up to Wisconsin for more hiking and biking - my version of a duathlon!
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 mile race tomorrow at a local forest preserve (crushed limestone trails). Then on Sunday, I'm heading up to Wisconsin for more hiking and biking - my version of a duathlon!

That sounds lovely! (jealous!)

I'm running today (4) and then again Sunday (6). Nothing special planned. Gopher football tomorrow (we cheer for DS-1 in the marching band!). I had my leaves cleaned up yesterday, so I'm safe from that misery. It is absolutely beautiful here today and I can't wait for my last call to be complete so I can sneak out early!
  • StuartPW
    StuartPW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Brian, hope DS1makes you proud.
    No running today. More yard work instead. Such a glorious day!
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    StuartPW wrote: »
    Brian, hope DS1makes you proud.

All. The. Time.

g864p5oyximu.jpg

• jbrack381us
    jbrack381us Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    QotD: Assuming I get my rear back in gear with the activity aspect of life, I think I would not mind doing a mini tri just to participate. We belonged to a fitness place back in KC that did a indoor tri of 500m swim, 5mi bike ride, and 2mi run. All within the confines of their facility. I could see doing something like that. But I have to get back to running today and get myself back in the pool to lose enough weight to make bike riding (on a real outdoor bike) feasible.

That being said, I was going to get in at least 4.3K for my birthday yesterday and that plan fell through, so now I am going to go out sometime this afternoon or tonight to get in that run and work on early bedtimes this week to get back to 5 AM wakeups so that I can get this sort of thing knocked out in the morning instead. Nights just have not really worked and I need to get back in the gym that I am paying for.