Binge Free November

Fitgirllife72
Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
edited November 2016 in Social Groups
Ok. Let's do this! I'm taking Thanksgiving off for sure though. And Black Friday. But that's it.

Replies

• lilltessiiie
    lilltessiiie Posts: 57 Member
    I'm in! (And we don't have Thanksgiving or black friday here, so I have no excuses)
  • lilltessiiie
    Alright, so I did have some "unnecessary" calories today (about 300-400 cal), but no binging. I'm so happy I managed to have a treat without losing control completely.
    How's it going for you @Gettingfit2017 ?
  • Fitgirllife72
    That is so awesome @lilltessiiie! I haven't binged today but I have literally spent the entire day thinking about food. I hate that I think about food non stop
  • lilltessiiie
    @Gettingfit2017 Good job! Do you have a hobby or anything you like doing that you think could distract you from thinking about food? I find that watching TV is the worst, too much food commercials, it just makes me want to have whatever they're trying to promote. Taking a walk (removing myself from the house) works for me sometimes...
  • Fitgirllife72
    I was about two seconds from going on a binge tonight. I stopped myself and popped in one of my short 20 minute workout DVDs. It worked!!! Once I was finished the urge to binge had passed. Thank you @lilltessiiie! You saved me tonight. I kept thinking about you asking if I had something to distract myself!
  • lilltessiiie
    @Gettingfit2017 GOOD JOB! Wow. I am so so proud of you! Now you just need to repeat that the next time you get the urge to binge. They say it takes 21 days to create a new habit. But it will get easier and easier :)
    Wow, I feel all happy inside now for your success :)
  • snowybone
    snowybone Posts: 12 Member
    Hi guys, I'm trying to quit bingeing too! Had an awful 5 day binge last week but been ok this week so far. Not counting calories at the moment as sometimes I find this triggers bingeing, just trying to eat healthy and cut out refined sugar and alcohol (I like wine far too much!)
  • Fitgirllife72
    edited November 2016
    I feel your pain on the love of wine @snowybone! Most of my binges involve red wine at some point. I'm trying to elimate it all together for now. Maybe except Saturday's. I haven't decided that one for sure lol.

How are you doing today @lilltessiiie? I hope you are doing ok. I'm doing better today. Not quite as tempted so far. My anxiety is much lower today which helps a lot.
  • Poppyaswell
    Poppyaswell Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hmm haven't been doing so well with the bingeing but on a positive note I am back on track and two days running no bingeing. I was tempted earlier but I only broke off a piece of the biscuit I allow myself for supper. Pleased I stopped there, that was a big win.

I got to thinking my bingeing is total emotional and when did I start with the problem? and I believe it started when I gave up smoking! I have replaced smoking with eating! I have just clicked as it was 18 years ago I gave up smoking.
    I had an appointment this afternoon, one that I was very nervous about and as I got back home, I had an urge to smoke! I clicked I have changed one bad habit for another.
    And no I am not smoking again!

I have to be strong and break that habit of needing something. Hm I can't exercise at all, will have to think of something else. Drinking water is abit boring.
    @snowybone I am the same at present, taking a break from counting calories. Sometimes I feel abit bogged down with it. I just have to be mindful of what and how much I am eating. I have been doing it long enough I have a rough idea.
  • lilltessiiie
    @Gettingfit2017 I'm glad you're doing better :)

@Poppyaswell congrats to your success with the biscuit. It's important to see the wins, no matter how big or small :)

I haven't been doing very good this week... I'm always good until like 5pm, and then I just lose all control. It feels like I kind of zoom out, and before I know it I've stuffed my face with whatever I can find ending up at 5000 calories every single day of this week. I'm gaining weight like crazy right now. It's hard not to guilt myself or feel anxious about it, even though I know that negative thought will only make matters worse. I just don't know how to break the cycle...
  • Poppyaswell
    Poppyaswell Posts: 20 Member
    @lilltessiiie. Something I have found that helps me with 5pm craves is to have a glass of Chi zero. It is healthy, no sugar and very refreshing. Also i have a lemon!:) Funny but I like home grown lemons.
  • lilltessiiie
    @Poppyaswell What's chi zero?
  • kellywenham8
    kellywenham8 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone! This is a really great little group. Thanku for starting it. I've struggled with this for years. I've done everything to try and stop.litrally everything! The best way I've found is a book called ' brain over binge' and I also got a recovery life coach that helped me change things massively! It's now inspired me to train as a life coach and help others with this. If anyone wants support I'm very available to help! So please message me direct xxx
  • Fitgirllife72
    edited November 2016
    Saturday was yuck. I don't know how to get out of this Saturday binge fest rut.

Welcome @kellywenham8! I'm ordering that book from Amazon today!

That tea sounds delicious @Poppyaswell. I'm going to look for it this week. Maybe I can use it when I am craving a glass of wine. That is so awesome you were able to quit smoking. The worst times for me with my eating is when i am having anxiety which i am having a lot of lately. When I am anxious all i want to do is soothe myself with food.

Today is the start of a new week @lilltessiiie. I wish I had better advice for you but all I can say is take it one day at a time. Maybe try the book that @kellywenham8 suggested. I know exactly how you are feeling. I went through a very short period of time where I gained 40 lbs within a few months from anxiety and bingeing. Right now I'm gaining and losing the same few lbs because I have my binge down to a couple days a week. I worry every day that I'm falling back into the daily pattern because I know how easy it is to go back to that place. Hang in there and come here every day to check in. Hugs ❤️❤️❤️
  • lilltessiiie
    Thank you all for your support. I really had a rough week last week. But, I didn’t binge Sunday, which – for me – is a big win since I binged every single day last week. But I agree, it’s a new week, a new chance to do better. Thank you once again, all of you, for your support and kind words.
    And welcome to the group @kellywenham8 !
  • lilltessiiie
    I was about to binge when I got home from work. I had started on my favorite foods, and then I thought of you guys, I didn't want to let myself or you down again. So I threw the rest of the food away and I went to the gym and took a dance class. Afterwards I called a friend and scheduled a walk together, so that I would have no alone time at home. I ended the day only 11 calories above my target (which is set for 2100, so I ended at 2111). I feel proud :)
    How did your week start of? <3
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Hey guys, I'd like to join in. It hasn't been a binge free November, in fact, I binged today. It's been a lifelong struggle for me but I'm determined now to make permanent changes.
  • lilltessiiie
    @JShailen Welcome to the group! November has only begun, there's still time to make the rest of it binge free. I'll help and support as best I can, I'm struggling too.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Thanks so much.
    I've decided to do some reading on using fasting to break the binge cycle so I'll see how that goes.

The frustrating thing is that I've lost 140 lbs and kept it off for more than 2 years. But lately it's all getting out of control again and I'm gaining, and desperately afraid of continuing to do so. Stress is my problem, I stress eat and always have. Life at the moment is chock full of stress!

Ok, enough for now. I look forward to reading more updates from you all <3
  • Fitgirllife72
    Welcome @JShailen! Emotional eating is the hardest to overcome. I'm an anxiety eater. The millisecond I feel my anxiety rising my brain tells me to go for the food. It's so horrible. I think a lot of us binge eaters binge when our emotions get out of control. We are so happy to have you and so glad we can support each other.

I am so proud of you @lilltessiiie!!!! That is so awesome you found a way to overcome the binge on Monday! I'm in a funk today. I binged Sunday after telling you it was the start of a new week lol. So I started my week off on the wrong foot emotionally. Yesterday and today I've been so tired of thinking about food. I feel like i think about food every minute of every day. It is exhausting. Hope your week is continuing to go well!