Anyone experienced improved vision with this WOE?

Options
I have been doing this WOE for close to two months. It is really working well for me. I have lost weight and inches. Feel good with no cravings. Well, a couple weeks ago I notice my eyes being blurry. I have worn glasses or contacts since 3rd grade. With each exam, my vision has either stayed the same or gotten worse. I just had an exam in May but assumed my vision must be getting worse so I scheduled an appointment. I went in this morning and told my eye doctor I was feeling really old since my eyes seem to have gotten worse since just May. She did my exam and was very surprised that my vision has actually gotten better. That's why my contacts have been blurry. I am shocked. She asked what I have been doing different. Low carb, high fat is the only change I have made. Anyone else experience something like this?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    No, but my eyes are so *kitten* that I'd never notice anyway. Been wearing glasses since I was eight.

However, I did notice an improved reaction time in road course driving with my Miata.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    No change in my eye prescription but it would be nice. I never needed glasses until my 40s when my arms started getting to short to see the print.
  • jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have read (I don't remember where, so I can't source) that you can reverse some retinopathy with this way of eating when your bloodsugars aren't so high all the time.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am a retired optometrist. It may be that your blood sugars were consistently high prior to starting LCHF. Optometrists are often the first to suspect (and test for) diabetes when adult patients start developing increased myopia (nearsightedness). (Most adults' distance vision, absent of disease should remain stable between the ages of 25-55+ when aging of the lens starts inducing refractive (light-bending) changes.)
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I was going to say something similar I was insulin resistant when I started and my eyes would be bad one day fine the next. that had been going on for a year. I have corrected the IR with this way of eating and now my eyes are better.
  • Christie241
    Christie241 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's awesome to see my body fix itself even with things I didn't know were broken! Thanks for all your input!