New to Low Carb...

Options
BooBoo5
BooBoo5 Posts: 24 Member
axw6cqbijjpj.jpg

Hi everyone! So I'm new to Low Carb but I want to make it work. I posted an image of a typical dinner I would have with my family aside from tortillas or whatever else we decide to add on the side. Can you guys give me advice on whether this is a good Low Carb dinner or what I need to change or vice versa. Also, what "good fats" could I add to this dinner? Thanks in advance everyone.

Replies

• idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That looks absolutely delicious! Personally I would eat that in a heartbeat and if my macros were low on fats, I would just put a big heaping scoop of coconut oil into my chamomile tea before bedtime.
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Is that beef with the shrimp? Looks great! You could have it with some avocado or sour cream or both. Shredded cheese. Use olive or coconut oil for cooking.
  • kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    or ghee for cooking I just discovered ghee, so good and so easy to make. looks great by the way
  • BooBoo5
    BooBoo5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    dkginger wrote: »
    Is that beef with the shrimp? Looks great! You could have it with some avocado or sour cream or both. Shredded cheese. Use olive or coconut oil for cooking.

I totally forgot the cheese! I meant to add some but it just looked and tasted so good, I forgot! I did have part of an avocado, but I'm not big on those so I think I'll find something else to substitute! I used butter to cook it. It's steak, chicken and shrimp with zucchini and squash!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing to do is create a recipe in MFP using the brands of ingredients you used to make the meal. Then once you save the recipe, MFP will give you a breakdown of the nutritional data stats per serving.