Options
2»

Replies

• JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    5.2 My all time low! 11/4/16
    Dr said I may get off Rx meds (Levermir pen) completely in three months!

This is after four years on WW and adding exercise in the form of water aerobics, swimming and walking 10K steps a day (my goal).
    Excellent A1C!!!!! You should be so proud!!!! All your changes paid off!!!!
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    from october:
    jvcjim wrote: »
    Just checked the results from my doctor visit on friday... A1C 6.3! it was 7.9 in january, 7.0 in june i'm a happy boy today! my records just go back to 2013 and this is the lowest A1C result in that time frame

results from the dr: A1C 6.1, weight down 31 pounds since october visit.
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WTG!! It's going in the right direction
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just started losing weight, so I haven't seen a decrease in my A1C from that yet, but my A1C did drop from 7.3 in August to 6.2 in January.

I'm on insulin (metformin gave me lactic acidosis so I had to be taken off that), Trulicity, and now Farxiga. I was taking way way way too much insulin, now I'm taking more normal amounts and my numbers are better. I'm hoping with losing weight I'll be able to control my diabetes without medicine, but I'm pretty obese, so that will be a while.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Yay! Jane! You are such an inspiration!

I got my a1c done for my endo app next week and it was 5.1. I'm still on metformin, not sure if she'll take me off of it since it also treats my PCOS.

I was surprised that it was in the 5 range since I went off of 1 of my meds last august, I was for sure it would have climbed more, especially because my diet has been so up and down! It's just good know that I can make this better and seeing your success gives me goals!!!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    At my Dr office today, had 5.4 A1c. Dr reduced dosage on my last Rx med, Levimer from 7 to 5 (mg?). Dr said after two weeks at that dose, reduce it again. If no problem I can STOP taking Levimer. :-)

I have lost 150# over the last four years; WW and becoming active with water aerobics, swimming laps and walking. At age 69 I'm definitely not getting older but getting BETTER!

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea to keep testing your post-prandial BG (1 and 2 hours until you know your pattern), as HbA1c levels are averages and don't tell you much about spikes in your BG - which are associated with a higher risk of heart disease.

Of courrse, low A1c levels are still great - congrats, everyone!
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    At my Dr office today, had 5.4 A1c. Dr reduced dosage on my last Rx med, Levimer from 7 to 5 (mg?). Dr said after two weeks at that dose, reduce it again. If no problem I can STOP taking Levimer. :-)

I have lost 150# over the last four years; WW and becoming active with water aerobics, swimming laps and walking. At age 69 I'm definitely not getting older but getting BETTER!

That's good news. I was a WWer for years. It's a good program if you stick with it and learn from it.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    @judyvalentine512 Yes, all my former times I WW I never changed my Lifestyle and gained back what I lost PLUS more.

This time I have learned and changed. Four years on WW and at age 69 I have changed my Lifestyle and have no desire to go back to my old ways.

Hope your VD was happy! My DW is a Judy too.
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    @judyvalentine512 Yes, all my former times I WW I never changed my Lifestyle and gained back what I lost PLUS more.

This time I have learned and changed. Four years on WW and at age 69 I have changed my Lifestyle and have no desire to go back to my old ways.

Hope your VD was happy! My DW is a Judy too.

I'm sure you meant Valentine's Day eh Jim?
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    When i was first diagnosed I was 6.9.....now 9.2.....bg runs way high and I have pancreas problems