To "Try" is to Lie"...ya gotta DO IT=OMAD lifestyle

OMADing1
OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
When I was growing up (MANY years ago), I would get frustrated at "trying to accomplish something, that was in my mind and in my seeming "reality" appeared impossibly too hard for me. I'd say to my parents, "they say, if at first you don't succeed, "try-try" again, but I keep trying and I just can't. My parents used to tell me in response "to try is to lie", ya gotta DO IT", whenever I thought I couldn't do something.

I just saw this new video from Joe and MAN!!! It brought back a flood of memories--AND, I learned something from this video today, that I wish I would have learned what my parents were "trying" to teach me in "TRY-TRYING" something. This is one fabulous and inspirational OMAD videos--check it out:

The Power of Indecision (on Effort, Gimmicky, Inflexibility, and Faux Productivity)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuKy6lx_KNM

THANKS JOE!!!!!! o:)

ETA: When I think about what I said about "wishing" I could have learned this lesson of "trying something" early on in my life, that reminded me another saying my parents had:

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" B)

Replies

• OMADing1
    superthumb.jpg

27-Do-or-do-not-Master-Yoda.jpg

415340.png

do-not-try-sign.jpg

• AdalineIF
    AdalineIF Posts: 21 Member
    Thank you for accentuating the message!
  • OMADing1
    AdalineIF wrote: »
    Thank you for accentuating the message!

You are so VERY welcomed and I'm just GRATEFUL to be learning this lesson now...while I'm still alive and kicking, better late than never :*
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    When I was growing up (MANY years ago), I would get frustrated at "trying to accomplish something, that was in my mind and in my seeming "reality" appeared impossibly too hard for me. I'd say to my parents, "they say, if at first you don't succeed, "try-try" again, but I keep trying and I just can't. My parents used to tell me in response "to try is to lie", ya gotta DO IT", whenever I thought I couldn't do something.

I just saw this new video from Joe and MAN!!! It brought back a flood of memories--AND, I learned something from this video today, that I wish I would have learned what my parents were "trying" to teach me in "TRY-TRYING" something. This is one fabulous and inspirational OMAD videos--check it out:

The Power of Indecision (on Effort, Gimmicky, Inflexibility, and Faux Productivity)

ETA: When I think about what I said about "wishing" I could have learned this lesson of "trying something" early on in my life, that reminded me another saying my parents had:

This video is very timely for me today. I'm not going to "try" to do OMAD for 6 weeks. I'm going to COMMIT to do it!

• OMADing1
    DebSozo wrote: »

This video is very timely for me today. I'm not going to "try" to do OMAD for 6 weeks. I'm going to COMMIT to do it!

{{{{{ <3DEB <3 }}}}}} That's the ticket, you winner, you! With "THIS" mind-set, nothing will stop you from succeeding, and in far more areas in your life than you even imagine too. You got this, period. NO LOOKING BACK!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Love this....thanks for the extra inspiration!!! <3<3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Good video!
  • DebSozo

{{{{{ <3DEB <3 }}}}}} That's the ticket, you winner, you! With "THIS" mind-set, nothing will stop you from succeeding, and in far more areas in your life than you even imagine too. You got this, period. NO LOOKING BACK!

I have to get over the fear and start tomorrow. I know what I have to face and will power through.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Deb

A lot of people have eased into it. If ignored, hunger pangs go away usually after a couple of minutes. Give it a try and keep progressing.
  • OMADing1

I have to get over the fear and start tomorrow. I know what I have to face and will power through.

I posted something to/for you on the introduce yourself thread about this...

We've got this...it's NOT and no longer a matter of "if" but "when" and the "when" is NOW--let's get healthier and slimmer together, as a team--BOOM! That fear is a cowardly lying spirit, period. Let's look at that "fear" as the wizard behind the curtain in the wizard of oz movie from the 1940's--our fear(s) are big ole bogus lies, AND miserable alone, and wants US for company in it's pathetic and deceptive pity parties. The answer to fear is NO and NO MORE, period.

eb1505e88d0ff2837f74ebd0a0b5da12.jpg
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Deb

A lot of people have eased into it. If ignored, hunger pangs go away usually after a couple of minutes. Give it a try and keep progressing.

I'm not worried about hunger. I'm worried my metabolism will slow down again lIke it did when I went on the 1200 calorie a day Nutrisystem diet.

I know I will be tired and won't feel all that great the first week and am not looking forward to that. Fortunately I know what to expect ahead of time and that symptoms are temporary.
  • OMADing1
    I found this on the web...I'm posting it for me--but I know it will help you too:

Trying Is Failing
    Do You Try to Read This Or Do You Read This?
    https://kevinfitzmaurice.com/free-stuff/responsibility-issues/trying-is-failing/

TO TRY IS TO PLAIN TO FAIL

Why if we try must we fail? Because trying is not doing. Because trying is not winning. Because trying scripts you to fail. Because trying is lying to yourself. Because trying contains a built-in excuse. Because trying contains the seed of failure. Because trying contains the expectation of failure. Because trying is a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure.

WRONG WAY IS TO TRY

There are many cop-out expressions that are similar to saying you are going to try: attempt, endeavor, make an effort, work at it, give it my best, give it my best effort, work on it, get around to it, get to it, sometime, someday, at least, think about it, take a shot at it, take a chance, take a stab at it, give it a chance.

Sometimes these can make sense AFTER the act. That is, it is okay to say AFTER the act that you gave it your best shot. But to say so BEFORE the act is to plan to fail.

RIGHT WAY IS TO EXPERIMENT

Better to say: I will experiment with it. I will practice it. I will do it. I will do the bad less and the good more. I will lower the frequency, intensity, and duration of the negative. I will increase the frequency, intensity, and duration of the positive.

PROOF TRYING IS FAILING

Do you try to drive home at night or do you drive home? Do you try and stand up when you get out of a chair or do you stand up? Do you try and open your eyes or do you open your eyes? Your honest answers will prove to you that trying is very different from doing.

“TRY” QUOTATIONS VARIOUS SOURCES

“What do people say after they fail? ‘I tried.’ Therefore, to say ‘I’ll try’ before you start is to plan for failure.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“The only way to stop smoking is to just stop–no ifs, ands or butts.”–Edith Zittler

“You can’t TRY to do things; you simply MUST do them.”–Ray Bradbury

“Don’t say, ‘I will try and do it’–that’s one of the most evasive statements you can ever make. Either you do it, or you don’t do it–there is no trying, or doing your best.”–J. Krishnamurti, Meeting Life: Writings and Talks on Finding Your Path Without Retreating from Society, p. 127

“You can try to solve a problem forever.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“Trying denies doing.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“Trying is wishing not acting.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“Don’t try–do it.”–Anonymous

“Don’t settle for your best, learn to do better.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“Don’t give it your best, give it your all.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“Your best is often poor from a lack of experience and training, hence, we don’t want your best–we want what you are capable of with coaching.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“Do it.”–Nike advertisement slogan

“Another way of viewing trying is seeing it as an urge associated with, but not necessarily leading to doing.”–Michael Neenan and Windy Dryden, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: An A-Z of Persuasive Arguments, p. 143

RESPONSIBILITY QUOTATIONS VARIOUS SOURCES

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”–Carlos Castenada

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”–Anonymous

“What poison is to food, self-pity is to life.”–Oliver C. Wilson

“I like the man who faces what he must, / With steps triumphant and a heart of cheer; / Who fights the daily battle without fear.”–Sarah Knowles Bolton

“Destiny is the invention of the cowardly, and the resigned.”–Ignazio Silone

“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.”–Abraham Lincoln

“Some pursue happiness, others create it.”–Anonymous

“The U. S. Constitution doesn’t guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself.”–Benjamin Franklin

“Each man the architect of his own fate.”–Sallust

“The ability to accept responsibility is the measure of the man.”–Roy Smith

“Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn again to exercise his will–his personal responsibility in the realm of faith and morals.”–Albert Schweitzer

“Doing does, trying doesn’t.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.”–William Shakespeare

“My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”–Oprah Winfrey

“An excuse is a lie guarded.”–Jonathan Swift

“A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.”–Francis Bacon

“Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.”–Anonymous

“Nothing stops the man who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop his achievement muscle. It’s a strengthening of his powers of accomplishment.”–Eric Butterworth

“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”–Michael Jordan

“Often, it is better not to say ‘I will try to stop it’ or ‘I will stop it’ because both will lead to failure. Instead, it is better to say I will do it less. This you can do with success.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was done.”–Helen Keller

“Don’t say ‘I’ll try’, say ‘I’ll practice’.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.”–Scott Hamilton

“It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.”–Agnes Repplier

“A man’s as miserable as he thinks he is.”–Marcus Seneca

“Either do not attempt at all, or go through with it.”–Ovid

“Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.”–Samuel Johnson

“If we have not peace within ourselves, it is in vain to seek it from outward sources.”–Francois de La Rochefoucauld

“A baby expects to be soothed, but a mature adult soothes themselves.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“Adults are expert at self-disturbance and inept at self-soothing.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“No one has ever gotten to anyone.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“If pleasure first, then pain second.”–Kevin Everett FitzMaurice

“There is no man so low that the cure for his condition does not lie strictly within himself.”–Thomas L. Masson

“The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.”–Joan Didion

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”–Mark Twain

“Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.”–Jean-Paul Sartre, 1905-1980

“But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.”–Galatians 6:4

“Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?”–Anonymous
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I'm soooo gonna use some of those quotes!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Same here!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Thanks for the quotes...great ones!