at what day did the hunger decrease when you first started LCHF?

Options
2»

Replies

• tyggerdev
    tyggerdev Posts: 26 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I follow Keto 5%/70%/25% and I stopped getting cravings about 2 weeks in. I was a total snacker during those 2 weeks and can still be sometimes if things get stressful (my trigger), but I choose low carb things to snack on like whole salted almonds, or pickles (OMG PICKLE JUICE!!!! YES!!). Also banana peppers (weird yes, but good to snack on), pickled asparagus, a fork and a can of tuna. These are the kinds of easy things to keep in reach for those snacky moments.

If you have any carb ridden stuff, throw it out, give it away, get rid of it! There's nothing like trying to quit a habit while dangling that very thing in your face. If it's there, it's too easy to make regretful choices, get depressed, take 2 Fukitols and try again tomorrow (vicious cycle that needs to be broken)

There's a ton a different low carb snack stuff, you just have to figure out what you like. Don't buy a lot of this stuff because eventually you won't even want snacks anymore. You start looking forward to your actual meals.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    tyggerdev wrote: »
    take 2 Fukitols

Haha...when I was working, everyone laughed at my big bottle of "Damnitols" that I kept on my desk. :smiley:
  • pompoms40
    pompoms40 Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It took up to 3 weeks and cutting dairy from my diet.I used electrolytes with Ultima Replenisher it worked wonders
    for me.I find if I just have coffee in the morning I wont be so hungry.I think I have leaky gut and that is why it took so long to truly adapt.My sinuses are way better and my energy has improved.I did not do exercise I did not want to stress my body in the beginning.Good luck
  • tyggerdev
    tyggerdev Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @idocdlw : Haha! That's amazing! Love it! Definitely the perfect script for a bad hair day. LOL
  • oat_bran
    oat_bran Posts: 370 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm at the end of the day four and I'm feeling much less hungry than before. Maybe the worst is really over?

Also, to everyone assuming I was referring to craving junk carby food - I wasn't really. I was hungry, i wanted more food in general, inluding low carb food. Although certain carb foods like fruits sounded particularly appealing. This is why I don't think it was *just* cravings or withdrawal from carbs. Anyway, it's much less intense today. Hopefully it will continue to get weaker.
    kpk54 wrote: »
    @longstocking, I totally get what you're saying about eating enough calories (or more than enough) and still being hungry. Losing my excess 63 wasn't difficult once I made my mind up to do it but maintenance is a beast for me. I maintained for a couple of years and was ALWAYS hungry. I started keto 7 months ago for reasons other than weight and was elated that both cravings and hunger disappeared. The cravings are still under control but I'm back to being hungry most of the time, just not as bad as before.

Right now I'm playing "Pick your hard". Being hungry is hard. Being overweight is hard. I pick hungry but am taking notes from suggestions from others above.

I can't help but feel my problem is my gehlin/leptin hormones went a bit out of whack with the weight loss and my body is fighting back even though neither my deficit nor pace were extreme. :/

Don't quit.

Thanks. I've been also starting to wonder if my my leptin/ghrelin levels are messed up or something since I wasn't as hungry constantly before like I feel the last several months low carb or not.

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm at the end of the day four and I'm feeling much less hungry than before. Maybe the worst is really over?

Hope so, and hope the hunger doesn't come back!