Ham?

Options
HawkPNP
HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
Bought a ham because I planned to make both ham and turkey for thanksgiving. Turns out the whole family only wants turkey this year, so I'm planning to make the ham tomorrow for lunch.

Anyone have any awesome crockpot ham recipes? I have never tried to make one in a crockpot and would love to throw it in before mass and forget about it until lunch :)

Replies

• pompoms40
    pompoms40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would like to know a good recipe too. :) P.S what type of ham is used ?
  • IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Every time I make ham in the crock pot it's too dried out. I haven't hit the "sweet spot" for timing where the ham is warmed through and not sitting in a pool of juice.
  • HawkPNP
    Options
    Every time I make ham in the crock pot it's too dried out. I haven't hit the "sweet spot" for timing where the ham is warmed through and not sitting in a pool of juice.

This is what I'm super worried about when making it -- especially when not using a glaze. It's still hanging out in the fridge until I figure out the best recipe. :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Does your oven have a timer? Maybe it could still be baked in the oven? I don't know, I've never cooked a whole ham (there's only two of us so very rarely I will buy a small Schneider's Black Forest Ham - maybe once a year.)
  • HawkPNP
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Does your oven have a timer? Maybe it could still be baked in the oven? I don't know, I've never cooked a whole ham (there's only two of us so very rarely I will buy a small Schneider's Black Forest Ham - maybe once a year.)

I decided to put it in the oven in some chicken broth...I'm not too sure. I think I might throw some orange peels in for some flavor.

I miss honey glaze!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    https://www.nigella.com/recipes/ham-in-coca-cola

My favourite ham crockpot recipe and so yummy and tasty. Not too keto friendly though, I usually halve the sugar and use half the treacle (but use maple syrup instead) and up the mustard in the glaze mmmm 10 mins in the oven.

Not been able to find a decent replacement for the coke though to reduce the carbs but OMG this recipe works so well the family demands buying too much ham so we get lots of leftovers.