Hip Bursitis?

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
Curious if anyone has had hip bursitis? For a couple of months now my right side of my hip has been bugging me. When I sit upright in a chair like I am now I am fine but when I lay down to go bed or get up and start walking the pain is there.

I work out with my trainer once a week but I spin 2-3 times/week. If anyone has had hip bursitis does it sound like that to you? What did you do to alleviate the symptoms?

I made a doctors appointment for Tuesday morning so I will see what he says but wanted to check in with you guys too.

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I get it when I run for "too long". Nothing to do for it other than stretch well, and hobble around.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Ha ha - I have definitely been hobbling around and I think I generally stretch well but maybe not well enough. Today is the best day so far in a long while, though wonder if it could be because I had not been quite as hard core at the gym but hoping to get hard core again next week
  • SmokeRising
    SmokeRising Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had it for a few weeks when I went really hard at some Fitbit challenges. It was very painful. My trainer had me work on some hip exercises and I switched cardio to swimming for a couple of weeks. Seems to be Ok for now.
  • cbaimbridge
    cbaimbridge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I pretty much incorporate Tylenol into all of my working out these days. Welcome to getting old.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Yes! I got it and it laid me out from running for a good stretch. Since I never fell in love with running, I'm kind of ashamed to say I haven't gone back to it. Walking and I are still buddies, though.