Favorite Keto supper?

Options
2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger casserole is a favourite. I also like "tacos" (beef, avocado, sourcream, cheese and some raw veggies). I really like a super cheesy broccoli casserole or a big creamy caesar salad but the veggies don't like my stomach so I limit those.
  • emaline2210
    emaline2210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    MKknits wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Chicken Piccata. It's super easy and once you pound the chicken breasts down it takes about 10 minutes to cook. DH always has his over pasta, I just add mushrooms and eat a reasonable portion of those or put it over zoodles.

I have a pot roast on right now. It takes time but only when on the stove or in the oven. Great crock pot meal while you work. I just eat the meat and cabbage. Mushroom if I put those in.

I have a corned beef brisket in the fridge to cook sometime. Mine will go in the oven. Yours can be done in the crock pot.

Shrimp, anyway. Cooks super fast.

If you have 90 minutes, roast a chicken. I have a side veg. DH has mashed potatoes and gravy. I have time on my hands. Leftover chicken is great for lunches and other dinners.

An Alfredo sauce takes no time to make. 15 minutes. Seriously. Use it with your leftover chicken. Or shrimp.

Google Crackslaw. If you like something Asian-like, it's quick and awesome. 1 pan to wash.

ETA: Chuckling. I'm 62. Bet your Mom or Grandma have some ideas. ;) Real food. Old way of eating. And everything doesn't need cheese.

Do you have a crockpot recipe for pot roast you like? All of the ones I've tried are dry.

Oh and my mom never cooked growing up, my Dad did all if the cooking :D He's a great cook and I learned well from him but once I'm home with the kids when I'm done teaching I need something quick and easy to make (most night I'm home after 6 and bedtime is 7:30/8 for the girls).

I just throw the sucker with whatever veggies I'm using in there and cover with water and spices. I've never had a dry pot roast. I've done fancier ones where I use pepperoncini juice or seared the meat with butter and then made a pan sauce with wine. But really, as long as you add enough liquid and let it cook for long enough that the meat shreds with the touch of a fork, you should be fine no matter what you add. Oh, and sometimes for tougher cuts of meat, a splash of vinegar helps.
  • emaline2210
    emaline2210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I cook the same as I always did. I just don't eat the potatoes or rice or pasta, which I rarely cooked with before anyway because my husband has a hard time with rice and I'm not a huge pasta eater. Potatoes though, I miss.

This week I've made:
    Breakfast for dinner
    Beef Pad Thai (I didn't eat the noodles, but you could do zoodles)
    Chicken and mushrooms with a creamy sauce (rice for my daughter, caulirice for husband and I)
    When I was working, I did crockpot meals a lot, or food prepped for the week with veggies cut up etc. I find planning meals on Sunday very helpful.

• MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My go to is Burgers -- you can do so much and they're easy to make. My favorite is blue cheese and franks hot sauce topped w/bacon. I also do a ranch and cheddar, a BBQ and cheddar, and I use a variety of seasonings to change up the flavors. I meal prep, so I pack up in batches of 3 (2 for hubby, 1 for me). Just defrost and heat.

I also make lots of quiche type meals (crustless) … theres bacon and blue cheese, broccoli cheese, ham and swiss, brie and gouda, seafood, and a cheeseburger casserole one. Your only limited by your imagination and they also freeze and reheat well. You can have them for breakfast lunch or dinner.
  • mphillip6
    mphillip6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe for Broccoli cheese soup! It is AMAZING! https://fittoservegroup.com/2014/10/13/low-carb-lchf-broccoli-cheese-soup/
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love a fatty pork roast in the crock pot. Then you can have roast, brown it up for carnitas, or whatever you'd like. I maid the version from a paleo cookbook, "Well Fed" I think. just meat with lots of garlic and Italian seasoning. I always thought that sounded weird on pork, but it is so good.