Dig Deep December

JessicaMcB
JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
Figured since it's December already (how did that happen btw?!) and the season of shenanigans is upon us that a new accountability thread might be helpful!

I haven't binged in almost a week though the "screw it, go buy every package of oreos ever manufactured" feelings still exist daily. I am making it my December goal to dig deep and stop throwing away my 90lb loss with both hands. Getting back to keto is challenging but I'm keeping at it (and hand to God the carb counting is what I credit the last week to- sugar ruins me)

How about you? Anybody have any new December strategies they are going to employ?

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    Today was really tough for me. Lots of family drama and my kids were driving me crazy/me and my husband were annoyed with each other basically all day. Once the kids were in bed I was in full "Eff it, oreos to drown out all my feelings." mode and walked the 2km to the grocery store...

And then I just stopped and said to myself "Stop being stupid, go home." and walked the 2km back home. Pretty proud of myself for shutting it down, this used to be no problem for me but since October it's been like my self control has been completely destroyed. So victory in December so far!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    YAHOO! So hard to pull ourselves out of that mode. Well done!
  • JessicaMcB
    Mersie1 wrote: »
    YAHOO! So hard to pull ourselves out of that mode. Well done!

Thanks! How is December going for you @Mersie1 ?

Today was another really good day progress wise imo. I woke up knowing (a) I was making the kids my enormous vanilla buttermilk pancakes for breakfast and (b) we were going grocery shopping and to the town Christmas bazaar afterward. I kept thinking, "Eff it, I should just have the pancakes, then it won't matter when I buy PS oreos (the queen bee of my trigger foods for some weird reason- when I was fat I hated PS and oreos :/ ) and eat all the baked goods at the Christmas bazaar and totally throw myself out of ketosis."

...And then I just made the decision to not eat anything until we got home because I train better keto and I have less than 200 days to be in the absolute highest fighting form I can for my marathon. I need to not be stupid about my nutrition because I have goals (and buying a billion packages of oreos gets expensive lol).

In the end I managed a really sizeable deficit over the day, feel great, and completed long run day in really good time. I feel like, for a second time now, running will be my deliverance <3
  • JessicaMcB
    How is everyone doing now that Christmas is basically upon us?

I had an emergency appendectomy a little over a week ago and for whatever reason the 72 hour fast that necessitated reset me totally. No issues at all since which is crazy but awesome