Weekly Check In: Nov. 27 - Dec. 17

Options
TristansHawk
TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
edited December 2016 in Social Groups
The last week was horribly stressful. But to stick with better food choices I meal prepped all my dinners! This week, I have a paper due today and 2 practicals and then....exams start next week!

I am going to do my best to stay in my calorie goal and go for a daily walk!

Replies

• cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The past couple of weeks I've been moving in the wrong direction. Gained almost 3 lbs back. I've got to get serious in December to have any chance of meeting goal.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    ... I have a paper due today and 2 practicals and then....exams start next week!
    Good luck with today's paper! Pre-made meals sound like a great idea.
  • PerwinkleSummer
    PerwinkleSummer Posts: 17 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hanging on. Just a few pounds away from this short term goal.
    Down 8.1 since challenge started. Goal was to lose 12, so 3.9 to go.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Will weigh in tomorrow and I'm going to have my hubby hid my scale till Christmas while I complete a round of 21 DF. I get too scale obsessed and instead I'm going to focus on nutrition and the workouts.
  • kefalo
    kefalo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    codycsweet wrote: »
    Will weigh in tomorrow and I'm going to have my hubby hid my scale till Christmas while I complete a round of 21 DF. I get too scale obsessed and instead I'm going to focus on nutrition and the workouts.

That's a great idea.

I've got a week left till we go to Japan so am really going to go hard this week because I know that although I will be working out in the hotel in Japan and walking a lot every day, I will be eating more!!
  • PerwinkleSummer
    Options
    Heading into heavy socializing this week - 4 things this week.
    I'm less than 1 pound from my Christmas challenge goal. Another goal in my mind is another 7 lbs. by Jan. 2. Not super realistic but something to think about.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    @TristansHawk - Wishing you all the best with your exams this week. :)
  • TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @TristansHawk - Wishing you all the best with your exams this week. :)

Thanks! Haha, I have a lot of tough ones, including Pharmacy which just might kill me.
  • akielroki
    akielroki Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. So far I've failed miserably. Partly due to depression BUT I'm back at it. Been doing a lot of nutrition research lately. Turns out I'm not getting enough complete proteins everyday. So now I'm working on getting enough essential amino acids and other things that herbivores tend to miss out on. Weight loss happens after proper nutrition, can't make progress if my body thinks it's starving despite eating 3 meals and snacks.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    I've done well with my choices this week. Unfortunately, the scale has thus far not chosen to reflect my good work. Tomorrow is when I record my weight for MFP challenges. I'm counting on my efforts showing up in the morning when I step back on the scales.
  • Jodie246
    Jodie246 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    akielroki, nutrition really is the hardest thing. I've also been doing a lot of research / experimentation with my diet recently and it can be very difficult to get enough protein in. If you can find a good quality, vegetarian friendly protein powder, that's probably your best bet - even if it does take you over your daily calorie target. My fav brand is PhD, but I'm not sure if they do veggie powders.

I've done terribly this week. It was my Christmas party on Friday and lets just say I made up for a weeks worth of calorie deficit in one night of merriment!
  • PerwinkleSummer
    Options
    My goal was 12 lbs by Christmas and I hit 13.8 this morning. Great challenge. :-) Setting a new goal of 6 lbs down by Jan. 2-3rd.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    My goal was 12 lbs by Christmas and I hit 13.8 this morning. Great challenge. :-) Setting a new goal of 6 lbs down by Jan. 2-3rd.
    That's awesome!!!