What is your favorite fancy coffee drink?

Options
redimock
redimock Posts: 258 Member
My usual at home coffee is just brewed coffee with 2T of HWC, but when I go out for coffee with friends, sometimes I think of being more adventurous. So far I've only tried Americano with HWC (that I bring myself, because, HWC).

I've seen people post things like "quad espresso with HWC" (that sounds like I'd be wired for days), breve (latte with HWC?), Americano with an extra shot, etc.

I'm kind of a coffee newbie (only started drinking it in the last couple of years).

So, what's your favorite?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Are you sensitive to SF sweeteners? Starbucks has SF Peppermint and Mocha available so I get one pump of each with my brewed coffee and heavy cream. 3g carbs total.

The SF Mocha is in powder form and they add water to make the syrup so that's why it is 1g carb per pump.
  • redimock
    Options
    I have ditched the SF sweeteners and since I'm happy without them, I'm hesitant to add them back. That sounds yummy though!!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'll get a cappuccino occasionally as they don't have too much milk in them. And I rarely have a Starbucks accessible, but I did get a coconut milk sugar free caramel latte a couple months ago, but I definitely wouldn't make that a habit, it was a one off treat, a very yummy treat :smiley:
  • kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I been roasting my own coffee beans for years. I think it's the best way to get great coffee. but I might just be bias
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    Where do you get small batches of raw coffee beans @kimberlyb6682 ? I'd love to try roasting my own beans!
  • froyseef
    froyseef Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sugar free instant mocha 1 1/2 tsp. 1tsp regular instant coffee. Dash of peppermint extract. DELICIOUS winter drink...1 x per day at most.
    Mostly, I am a hot green tea drinker. Bullet proof coffee once or twice a week is all I can handle.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My son used to be a barista at a local place, and he would make me the most wonderful cherry mocha. They used real pieces of dark chocolate (or milk, or white - your choice), and my son would put about 1/3 the normal amount of cherry syrup in it, since he knows I don't like my coffee too sweet. It was the most yummy winter treat!

Unfortunately, the coffee shop changed hands, and the new owners use chocolate syrup instead of real chocolate, and they don't have cherry syrup. :'(
  • froyseef
    froyseef Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    PaleoinScotland
    I tried roasting my Jamaica Mountain beans and almost killed us with the noxious fumes.
    I do not recommend unless you know what you are doing in a highly ventilated space.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    Good to know @froyseef Thanks for the warning! :#
  • redimock
    Options
    So much yumminess!

@RalfLott - If I could still sleep after a cup of coffee (even decaf) at night, I'd totally try that! Sounds amazing!!

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    redimock wrote: »
    So much yumminess!

@RalfLott - If I could still sleep after a cup of coffee (even decaf) at night, I'd totally try that! Sounds amazing!!

Erm. . Breakfast?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia/erythritol, peppermint extract and cream in a cup of coffee.
    I like to whip some cream and pour the coffee over it.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Hot Ketoddy:

*Shot(s) of Espresso
    *Mascarpone
    *Cinnamon (or Sweet Leaf cinnamon flavor Sweet Drops)
    *Bourbon

Adjust to taste (depending on whether you need to function any time soon.... )

Omg, yummo sounding!
  • bininj
    bininj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Lots of Keto/low carbers add butter and and coconut oil to their morning brew. Gets them through the morning.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    As a treat I usually get a cappuccino. My usual coffee order is either an iced Americano w/ a touch of cream or cold brew w/ cream at Starbucks. A dark roast iced w/ cream at Dunkin.

At home I sometimes melt a couple of squares of Lily's dark chocolate orange bar in espresso and top with the Fairlife low carb steamed milk for a mocha.

I'm awaiting a package from Amazon with peppermint stevia and some sugar-free white mocha mix so I can make a low carb white chocolate peppermint mocha at home. That's my #1 favorite Starbucks drink. I'll keep you guys posted on whether it's any good!

Sadly I can't try any of Starbucks SF syrups because of Splenda...I only use the "natural" sweeteners like stevia, xylitol, erythritol, ect...the artificial sweeteners flare up my arthritis.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Sadly I can't try any of Starbucks SF syrups because of Splenda...I only use the "natural" sweeteners like stevia, xylitol, erythritol, ect...the artificial sweeteners flare up my arthritis.

Thanks, @anglyn1 - that's great info.

How does the sensitivity manifest itself, and how long does it take to erupt?

(I found that Xylitol, unless painstakingly dosed, turns my GI system into an upside-down Old Faithful, but at double pace... :s )

• anglyn1
    Options
    @RalfLott I eliminated them for a few weeks when I first started having arthritis symptoms on the recommendation of a doctor and sure enough when I tried added them back the next day aches, pains, stiffness were worse. I was very, very sad. Seems to be sweet n' low and splenda for sure. I honestly never used equal or drank diet soda so IDK about that one or that ace-k but I skip them just in case.

I have limited experience with xylitol outside of gum so I am definitely approaching the white mocha mix with caution. I will try it in small doses when I've got no reason to leave the house. Thanks for the heads up! lol
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    coffee, 1 TBL cocoa butter (ordered off of amazon in wafer form), 1 TBL coconut oil or HWC, cocoa powder, and liq splenda. YUM
  • anglyn1
    Options
    @missippibelle how does the cocoa butter taste? I read some people suggest using that in a low carb white mocha recipe. If the xylitol has explosive results I'll have to seek a plan B haha