December 2016

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,334 Member
    Options
    DH is down with some back issue. He has back surgery some years back and something is really causing him pain in his side. We didn't walk this morning. We probably won't walk tomorrow. He has a doc's appt in the morning.

Chris
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling some pretty awesome benefits from all the lifting I've been doing! I occasionally like to ride bareback to help improve my seat and balance while riding with a saddle, but I've never really had the strength to go faster than a walk. Today, I trotted circles and patterns for 20 minutes without falling! I was even able to re-grip and center myself when Milton either sped up or changed directions unexpectedly. I am momentously thrilled about this. I don't need no stinkin' stirrups!

I will probably be really really sore tomorrow though. Totally worth it.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Michelle, that sounds like such fun!

138.4...again at 7:00 this morning. Taking DH to the doc's this morning. We need to find out what's going on.

Back later...

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,689 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are not in the Ilvermorny challenge but interested in trying it out, there is going to be a 5-day holiday event of some kind next week (see below) - let me know if you'd like to be invited.

Must sign off now, Maynard-cat seems to want to use the computer. ooph.

paula

... with a red bow tied around its neck finds you while you're on winter break. Seeing the familiar Horned Pukthunderpus of Ilvermorny on the seal, you use your letter opener to gain access to the news within.

"The teachers of Ilvermorny, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

request the pleasure of you and your loved ones' company
    at a weeklong event culminating in a Yule Ball.

Monday, the nineteenth of December at twelve o’clock in the afternoon
    through Friday, the twenty-third of December at midnight.

Ilvermorny Castle, the Great Hall.

R.s.v.p. via the accompanying raven."

It seems the castle will be re-opening for a special 5-day holiday event! No points, no houses; just you, your friends and family, and some fun! If you have any loved ones on MFP that you would like to be invited to this event, please respond with their username, and they will be invited to the Main Castle Group.

We hope to see you there on Monday!!!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Chris, Hope your husband is better soon. Fingers crossed and stomach in knots for you.

@WranglerMichelle Michelle, So happy to hear you having so much fun with Milton!

- Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Paula. DH has bulging disc in his back. He has strained it. It will have to heal itself according to the doc. Then yesterday he got a horrid case of vertigo. Nasty stuff.

I need to get out and walk by myself. I did it that way for years and years but after walking w/DH for so long, walking by myself isn't as inviting. Plus it's so cold outside. Have to just put on my shoes and suck it up. Maybe DDD wants to walk this morning...

Love you guys.

Chris

• PaulaKro
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    Thanks, Paula. DH has bulging disc in his back. He has strained it. It will have to heal itself according to the doc. Then yesterday he got a horrid case of vertigo. Nasty stuff.

I need to get out and walk by myself. I did it that way for years and years but after walking w/DH for so long, walking by myself isn't as inviting. Plus it's so cold outside. Have to just put on my shoes and suck it up. Maybe DDD wants to walk this morning...

Love you guys.

Chris
    You need a dog. Love you too. paula

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,247 Member
    Options
    193.8 this morning. I am around but very busy. Miss you guys and hope all is well.

Chris hope your husband gets better fast.

Take care everyone!
    Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Hi Kathy!

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,870 Member
    Options
    Chris I hope your DH is feeling better also.

Kathy that is awesome. I am thinking you will be seeing the 180's soon. :blush:

Hi Paula! <3

Michelle I congratulate you on your success. That sure sounds fun.

I am reading, lots! :)

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    174 this morning - 175 yesterday. Looking forward to the flexibility the holidays will provide.

Take care all,
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, my friends. He is getting a little better. Doc gave him pills.

He tried to walk this morning, but it was a "NO!" within the first block. I did five miles by myself.

DDD and SIL were at his father's house today. We had them and SIL's mom for dinner and presents last night. DDD and I mad mac and cheese the way my mom used to...yummmm. DDD makes it several times a year. I haven't made it for years and years...you should have seen us trying to put it together...hysterical!! We did a slow cook turkey tenderloin w/apple butter sauce and mashed potatoes. SIL's mom brought dessert...not going to share that part...It was an excellent evening!

I was 141.6 this morning and today was over the calorie line...left-overs...oh, that's what that means...the 'over' part!!!. I will post tomorrow and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thurs...oh, you know!

<3<3

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris you crack me up. We did left overseas today also. I was way over! Tell hubby to rest some more.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    195.6 this morning...not surprised. I hope everyone had a Happy Holiday.
  • cpanus
    Options
    141.4 at 8:30 this morning. Going to the gym at 10:00. Might walk if it gets warmer outside...40.2 degrees at 9:33 a.m. out there right now. But the sky is bright blue, and it's beautiful!!

Later, my friends!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    KAR1959 wrote: »
    195.6 this morning...not surprised. I hope everyone had a Happy Holiday.

Just think Kathy, you had a great holiday. Indulged some, and still stayed under 200! I call that success. Now get back at it!

Shell
  • KAR1959
    Options
    194.4 this mornings...I'll take it!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Good job Kathy!

Chris - So hoping your DH gets better soon. Shelley - same with your husband.

174.5 two days now. It still feels like a big fight that hasn't been won yet. Thank you all for being here. I'm digging through the honey-do list during this vacation. 4 chores done and only 82 to go...

Paula
  • cpanus
    edited December 2016
    Options
    142.0...blaaa, but DH is walking w/me. Not as fast as we were walking but we got in five miles yesterday and five miles this morning!!!

Thank you guys for your "Well Wishes!" for DH.

All my temptations are gone...I'm not going to tell you how they got gone (142.0...hmmmm), but I got my miles done and my cucumber/lemon/lime water is by my side. We helped out DDD this morning. Tomorrow we will test run bringing Ronan home...if DDD even talks about us taking him, she tears up. :'( We'll go back this evening for a little while.

What are your plans for New Years?

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    Tomorrow we will test run bringing Ronan home...if DDD even talks about us taking him, she tears up. :'( We'll go back this evening for a little while.

What are your plans for New Years?

Chris
    Some mother(s) love their babies. :)

Oh yeah, new years, uh..... the older we get, the less these holidays mean. Happiness is more about making other people smile than what we get for ourselves. We've already got most everything we want.

paula