Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My Bike shop decided to get some custom Jerseys made up and they were really nice so decided to get one. I just happened to be in the shop when they arrived so ended up modelling the red one!

15304308_1092931484150508_7814992498173225980_o_zpsgtgxynaq.jpg
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Cool looking jerseys.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Cool looking jerseys.

They are planning on doing limited runs of a different design each time maybe once or twice a year. The actual Jerseys themselves are also really nice along with the rest of the range.

LeCol is the Brand. Owned by Yanto Barker of the ONE pro Cycling team.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I got a sweat catcher for when I am on my trainer during the winter...I know I know, big spender.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    daj150 wrote: »
    I got a sweat catcher for when I am on my trainer during the winter...I know I know, big spender.

What did you get? This is a point of curiosity for me because, being a bald guy, keeping sweat out of my eyes is a serious pain. Especially on the trainer. I've tried all kinds of things with limited success. The current solution is to keep a stack of old-school '80s tennis-style Wilson headbands next to the trainer. I picked up a stack of them at Target and I just swap to a dry one mid-ride as required.
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    chunkytfg wrote: »
    Cool looking jerseys.

They are planning on doing limited runs of a different design each time maybe once or twice a year. The actual Jerseys themselves are also really nice along with the rest of the range.

They are cool jerseys... but the price I saw on the website was £120 each.

£120 for a shirt! That's way, waaaay, beyond what I consider a reasonable price, though judging from the articles in the bike comics, I appear to be a throwback, given that £100+ shirts and leggings are frequently described as budget options

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Some hoops for the new mountain bike came in.
    934gjhy5dto6.jpg
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    35dollars wrote: »
    £120 for a shirt! That's way, waaaay, beyond what I consider a reasonable price, though judging from the articles in the bike comics, I appear to be a throwback, given that £100+ shirts and leggings are frequently described as budget options

I wandered into the Rapha shop in Shoreditch in London at the weekend - you'd need a 2nd mortgage to get a set of their riding clothes. Nice kit though!

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Rapha = Overpriced fixie w@nker wear ;)
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    daj150 wrote: »

What did you get? This is a point of curiosity for me because, being a bald guy, keeping sweat out of my eyes is a serious pain. Especially on the trainer. I've tried all kinds of things with limited success. The current solution is to keep a stack of old-school '80s tennis-style Wilson headbands next to the trainer. I picked up a stack of them at Target and I just swap to a dry one mid-ride as required.

@ntnunk Enjoy... https://amazon.com/Blackburn-Bicycle-Protector-Indoor-Trainers/dp/B000EPIEG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481300707&sr=8-1&keywords=sweat+catcher+bicycle
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    Rapha = Overpriced fixie w@nker wear ;)

I may have found my new "signature" if they ever allow them on here :)

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    I may have found my new "signature" if they ever allow them on here :)

[paddypower]You're welcome[/paddypower] ;)
  • niblue
    Options
    My first ever bits of club kit arrived today. Looking forward to using them on the club run on Sunday:
    medium.jpg
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    1lzp40t8jick.jpg

Good deal for the previous version of the EVO - love "out of season" stuff :D
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    just collected a nice bright red Castelli Perfetto L/S jersey from the post-office.

they've altered the sizing in the past couple of years - my original Mk1 Gabba from 4 years or so ago is a good size larger than the Perfetto - which is actually quite nice - as the Gabba was a little generous, and the perfetto is just tight enough to encourage me to step away from the mince pies this Christmas...
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Added some Five Ten Freerider shoes and Bontrager Line Pro pedals. Sweet.

ka611fuzgykz.jpg
    cznyab0szl5z.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    new mugs...

31986707405_989fcd6547_o.jpgDSCF2925.jpg by The Big Yin, on Flickr

31177601773_5cc52cc3d4_o.jpgDSCF2926.jpg by The Big Yin, on Flickr

31177604373_f8541d9909_o.jpgDSCF2927.jpg by The Big Yin, on Flickr

31177606413_bf1c75c235_o.jpgDSCF2928.jpg by The Big Yin, on Flickr
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Something for my Caffeine habit... New "workshop mug"...

31986707405_989fcd6547_o.jpgDSCF2925.jpg by The Big Yin, on Flickr
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Something for my Caffeine Habit - new "workshop mug"...

5zszhl8ettf5.jpg

(kept getting some stupid *kitten* message about "needing to be approved"... WTF is all that about - it's not as if this is exactly my first *kitten* post in this sodding thread...)

• niblue
    Options
    Decided to give a power meter a try so a 4iiii Precision arrived today and is now fitted to my Roubaix. Hopefully give it a go tomorrow.