Where is everyone from?

Options
13»

Replies

• luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was born in St Lois. My parents moved us to FL when I was 7. I played outside a lot as a kid. Don't remember much about MO except the leaves changing colors, sledding down the hill at the park and the grey snow in the playground at school.

I went back to St Lois once in September for a wedding. My cousins wanted to go to Dairy Queen, but I was too cold for ice cream.
  • jlyle73
    jlyle73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went back to St Lois once in September for a wedding. My cousins wanted to go to Dairy Queen, but I was too cold for ice cream.
    Really?? When you go to St. Louis you go to Ted Drewes, not Dairy Queen! Although not being from here originally I am partial to DQ over TD - even though I live 1/2 a block behind Ted Drewes.
    I grew up doing h/j in Colorado, went to college in MO and moved to St. Louis for a horse job after that. I burned out in less than 2 years, quit horses all together for about 5 years then had an opportunity to learn to breeze babies at a local trainers track - which was the coolest thing ever, I picked up a 3 yr old at the end of that summer planning to get him going and sell him - but then I we started eventing & haven't looked back - that was 8 years ago:)

• Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm from Tulbagh in South Africa. It is a tiny rural town in a beautiful valley where lots of fruit and grapes (and wine) is produced. We have summer now and temperatures went up to 40 degrees Celcius. If you ever visit SA, you have to visit our historic little town.
  • snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @Kidostud South Africa! It's so I awesome! Your town sounds beautiful.
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    @jlyle73, so envious that you breezed babies. I always wanted to! And I'm glad you and your then 3 year old project got hooked on eventing :)
  • snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @jlyle73 Dream job I think!
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    @jlyle73 My sister has a couple of those project horses that were meant to be sold. LOL. A fun job for sure.

@Kidostud So cool that you are from South Africa. My mother lives in Bolivia. I know another woman through Facebook that is in Central America. I love learning how other countries differ in the care of their horses. For example in Central America it is common to feed horses bananas as treats instead of carrots or apples that we feed in the US. In Bolivia they will feed the horses bread.