Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,060 Member
    Options
    Jerry is Marie's husband! He is a Christmas baby!,,
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I think I've just experienced the best Christmas ever. Just my two sons, 1 DIL and 1 grandson. For dinner: We had sweet kale salad, turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes, Brussels sprouts, peas/beans/corn, gravy, homemade Christmas pudding with Brandy sauce, and English trifle. All very old country traditional. Then we played scrabble for a while, much cheating and laughter, and then we settled down to watch a movie. Jilly was ecstatic, surrounded by people she loves, new toys and chewy treats, she was one happy little dog. Everyone's gone home, and Jill is fast asleep on the sofa. Even 24 year old Derek seemed to have fun with us old fogeys. His best fun will come on the 27th when he sets off for Ottawa, his girl and her family and the new year.
    Mikes coming over again tomorrow to help me finish the leftovers! Thank goodness! So to all a goodnight!
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    The festivities aren't over yet but so far we've had a great time. George is back to his old self after the vet came up with a miracle treatment and although still on a bland diet which did at least include fresh cooked turkey at our friends' home last night, he's full of fun and being playful.
    vydusyfl1i09.jpg
    His Christmas bib has left a splodge of pink dye on his chest which I'm hoping will wash out otherwise he'll be "in the pink" for some time!!

Even after a long walk across the moors this morning I feel as stuffed as the turkey we enjoyed yesterday evening plus far too many chocolates but what the heck, it's only once a year! Apparently a delivery of leftover turkey and trimmings is on its way to me this morning plus I've a lamb roast to cook for myself so I'll have to get back on the wagon by Wednesday when a meet for a swim with the usual crowd is planned otherwise I could sink!

Happy birthday to Christmas baby Jerry.... sounds from Marie's post you had a wonderful day with family.

Buzz ~ I watched The Lady in the Van the other evening which was quite enjoyable only because it was the wonderful Maggie Smith and having mentioned it to some friends they've given me the dvd of My House in Umbria that I'll watch this afternoon. Have you seen it?
    Sad to say but it seems true that some offspring turn feral once they get their eyes on what they consider their rightful inheritance, never mind who gets hurt in the process and it's situations similar to your friend's when I hope there is such a thing as Karma and what goes around comes around!! Hopefully something can be done to help her financially.

On with the day. Enjoy your leftovers too Anne and Mike. Often tastes better than the original doesn't it! (Mine has just arrived!)

Happy Boxing day to you all.
    Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning. We had" a wonderful Christmas Day here at our house. with just the girls and there wonderful husband. Our lunch was tamales

rice and refried beans and the most amazing date nut cake from Son and daughter inlaw. Bruce and Sally.We will have our regular Christmas dinner next Saturday At kathy's house hopefully I will have my new Doggie by then. Alice is getting the adoption paperssw0dz9c8q7hby.jpg
    all work up/now. Se is a 9 year old recue name missy. I have decided to add Marie to missy. So her new name will be Missy Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I need to make her a new blanket
    Love Marie
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Happy "left overs" day, and belated birthday good wishes to Jerry.

So pleased George is feeling his old self again JACKIE, and talking of dogs:

Wow MARIE, lots of going for walks in your future because all dogs, even little ones like Jilly, need at least 2 good walks a day for exercise. Welcome Missy to the Sneaker dog members. Bonus: I love to walk anyway, but must admit the extra exercise is an added bonus for me and my aching joints. They've been much better since Jillys arrival 7 months ago.

It's pouring with rain today and after freezing temperatures it is forecast to reach around 50 F this afternoon. A good day to mainly stay indoors and watch from the window, although my daughter in law is trying to get me to take up yoga again and go with her to her class. I can still do most of the poses like the "tree", so maybe.

Enjoy Boxing Day everyone,
    Anne.

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Anne I have not got her yet I am thinking positive thinking

it will be today that I get to hold her in my arms.

_Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, I know I did!! Washing clothes and then have so much to catch up on including grocery shopping.

Marie, congratulations on the new furry companion. I do hope she is well trained and docile so she can be held and loved by you.

Anne, your Christmas sounds wonderful, you and Jilly are loved!!

Jackie, you also had a great day and little George looks beautiful. Glad he is over his sickness and getting back to his old self.

This day seems to be flying by so I better get moving or I will get nothing done.

Have a great day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I had forgotten that Christmas holiday on a Sunday extends the holiday to Monday, so 3/4 of our staff was off today enjoying extended time with family. The young grandson of one of our residents gave a piano concert in our main lobby today and his diverse repertoire was appreciated by the audience. When I spoke to him later and asked if he planned to turn professional, he admitted his goal is to become a doctor! I certainly wish him the best of luck, wherever he ends up! He gave us a most enjoyable hour and a half of lovely music!
    I'm happy to see George and his pink bib look perfectly adorable again, and MARIE, lucky Missy Marie to have such a loving new "mom"! Very glad Christmas turned out to be a huge success for everyone, and I do hope Peace on Earth might follow,...finally!
    <3 Buzz n4uu2d7vqxgu.jpg
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello...the penguin is for my lovely mom, Marie!
    i9nxuur2drjx.jpg
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    u5qmigshsglf.jpg

It's been a few days and I feel like I've missed a lot! I did have a very nice holiday with my hubby and our two sons. I've enjoyed catching up with all the posts today. Happy to see that George and Jilly are both feeling better. We can't have any of our fur babies sick!

Wishing everyone a wonderful week as we all prepare for the incoming year and New Year's Day!
    Marcella
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) We went from Spring back to winter, crazy weather. Lisa's SIL is in the hospital being induced to deliver her twins today, so exciting. Lisa will have her C Section on January 8 and we can hardly wait to meet Max.
    I am going to dinner with several friends tonight but will Uber instead of taking the rental car.
    I was invited to a friends house for game night on NYE but still haven't decided if I would just prefer to stay home, which sounds better to me.

Marcella, great picture, you are a beautiful lady and I love your hair!!

Alice, you are always here to cheer us up, thank you for that!

Buzz, I too, forgot about the holiday being on Monday and wanted to get my garage door opener and IPass from my car but of course they were closed.

Marie, did you get Missy Marie?

Anne, good for you even thinking about yoga!!

Everyone must be busy, won't it be nice to get back to our normal routines once the New Year is here? Sure hope 2017 is better than 2016, so many heartaches this year!!

Have a good one!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    My friend just died. :'(:'(
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    So sorry LIN. You were a very good friend. Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    LIN, so sorry dear. Hugs hugs and hugs and I hope you are not alone.
    I have so much to do today I don't know where to start; and my phone has not stopped ringing. Good luck with all the babies, SANDY. MARCELLA, lovely picture. Cute penguin, GEMFRIRE. Did I somehow miss meeting you? My son will be moving to Germany in February, and I hope he'll visit often! I don't want to think about him being gone for 3 years. Not when my 90th comes up in June! Have a great day, dear friends...
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »
    My friend just died. :'(:'(

I am so sorry Lin. Wish I could be with you to give you any kind of comfort. Know that we all are with you in spirit for support.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So sorry Lin.
    Hugs Marie
  • Jacean2016
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Our day started badly. Jill and I were up all night because she was vomiting mucus and blood. At 3 am it changed to diarrhea with blood. Mike came over before going to work and we rushed to the veterinary clinic. The vet doesn't think she's got a blockage thank the lord and she's on antibiotics for a week. So, like George, some kind of bug. She only weighs 7 lb.
    I had 4 loads of washing during the night from such a little girl, carpets to clean and floors to wash. You can imagine that she is now sleeping and I'm about to join her!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Thank you friends. I have pretty much been at the hospital since I got the news my friend was in emergency surgery on Christmas Day. There was a prayer service for him last night and I was nearly mute but managed to offer up a prayer to in the midst of that very large group. Early this morning I got a call that we needed to get back to the hospital. It was a matter of saying good bye and removing the respirator. His wife wanted all of us in his room. It was very difficult. Afterwards I looked after his mom for a while and now I am home. Exhausted.

I hope to be a bit better in reading posts now. Hug your loved ones.

So I am sending hugs to all of you.

Lin
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Lin, so sorry for your loss.