Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    There is talk of us having a winter mix next week But i just as soon take our spring time weather we have been enjoying.. i like these 70's and 80's We have been having.

my granddaughter is looking for Missy Marie a Dallas cowboy t-shirt . I can hardly wait till tomorrow when the rescue group bring her out to us
    Alice is taking off work to be here when she arrives.By the way Alice name is Alice Marie

love marie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    A nippy but bright day for me so after our usual morning walk across moors meeting other walkers and their pooches including Gizmo, a clean and tidy Lhasa Apso compared to George, well he was until he rolled in fox poo within sight of his mum and dad which made us all laugh, I've done some housework, swept up more leaves off the lawn, mucked out the hens and am now going to light the fire. My neighbours were away overnight so I fed their cats and made sure their hens are alright, which they are. I'm making the most of relatively mild temperatures because the forecast is for colder weather coming in the New Year. Last night on tv I watched a BBC beautiful animated movie called Ethel and Ernest. It reminded me so much of my parents and many observations rang true. Tonight we have a drama based on the lives of the Bronte sisters and their brother so that'll have me hooked because I've loved all their novels. The script apparently by Sally Wainwright who also wrote Happy Valley and Last Tango in Halifax so should be typically down to earth!!

Lin ~ As ever you are a true friend that the bereaved family must appreciate beyond measure. Just being there for them in case is support enough I'm sure.

Anne ~ I'll have to keep an eye out for the white blob over Ontario behind the forecaster just in case it's coming my way! Is Jilly still taking her medication and being a good patient? George is definitely back to his old self thank goodness but having found something disgusting and regurgitated in the garden a day after his illness I'm watching him like a hawk in case he picks something else up!

Marie ~ That's a beautiful little dog and I hope she gives you lots of love and devotion as well as some walking to strengthen your legs. If Missy Marie is going to be a Cowboys supporter then she'll definitely have found the right home!!

A cup of tea calls me as it's nearly 4pm and the good news for me is the sun is still up so we go in the right direction!

Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,075 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) I am going to my meeting today so short on morning time. Hopefully, I will get Bryanna's car today and return the rental. My car has been approved for repair ($2200) so they should have it done next week. I really hope so because when Lisa goes to the hospital I will be sharing Robby time with his other grandparents but in his own home. Her SIL ended up with a C Section and has two beautiful baby girls. I told my friend I am not coming NYE and would prefer to stay home. She hasn't answered but I know she will understand.

Jackie, I am watching the Crown on Netflix, it is really good and I am learning a lot about Queen Elizabeth. Hard to believe she became the queen at 25 years old.

Marie, with all the new babies coming you fit right in with your new baby. I am excited for you!!

Lin, you are such an amazing person with such a big heart. I am so happy to know you even though we never met. You are an angel on earth and will be rewarded.

Anne, I really hope we are done with that white stuff but of course it is too early to even think that is possible. Be careful out there and keep warm.

Buzz, I have to agree, that Missy's markings do resemble a star.

So sad about Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, I am sure she died of a broken heart. :'(

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Yes...shocked about Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher. Mom and daughter together again. <3

Marie- Little Missy is adorable I am sure you are waiting to see her on Friday. Another new dog joining the Sneakers group. :)

I am heading for a restorative class in yoga tonight. I joined the "Y" today and my first aquafit class is in the morning and should be better on my knee.

Sandy - Christmas is so much more fun with the little grandkids. He is very busy these days!

Shirley
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Marie what a cute dog.
    Chris
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Finally nailed down our wonderful head of dining rooms, and she worked out a schedule for my DS, DIL, and I to have assurance of dinner reservations during their visit. I had not expected them for New Year's Eve or tomorrow night (Friday) so had made totally different arrangements. However, several of those have changed due to illness of 2 friends, so probably we are now better off anyway!
    Spent far too much time online researching wraps ready made for legs, but since they attach with velcro closings and are preformed, they should be much easier to use than having to go to a therapist for the usual leg wrapping every few months. Insurances are getting balky about covering them, too! I have been really taking care of legs last week, and swelling is subsiding and bruising has stopped bleeding!
    I guess I'm just sort of thinking online and it has to be boring as can be, so once my "kids" have gone, I'll do better at posting.
    Just wanted to add I'm so glad SHIRLEY will be using aqua exercise to help with the knee!
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,121 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good morning. Off to Tai Chi soon. Would like to fill the car's gas tank. I have been watching prices but I guess there won't be a dip with another Holiday coming quickly. Also need to get to the library to return some books and would like to stop by Michael's to look at craft storage which is on sale now. I hear you laughing, things are always on sale at Michael's. Haaaa. But often it isn't anything I would purchase. Need to get to Trader Joe's as well but that may be tomorrow morning.

Jackie, I smiled when you said you had mucked out the hens. When I had a horse as a kid, that was one of my jobs, mucking out the stall. Such a descriptive phrase! My dad always said 'clean out the stall' but I think I got the phrase from my horsey friends. :) Tell George we disapprove of eating unapproved items. That had me laughing as well as I have had a number of dogs who could grab and swallow before I could focus my eyes. Take care.

Sandy, glad you will be getting the car repaired and especially hope you get it back quickly. The shops have been very busy here. I think my friend finally got her vehicle back. She had a little tiny car to drive when her vehicle is a very large SUV. It has been difficult for her.

Shirley, what a great idea! You are very adaptive in all situations and I admire you for finding this class. Good job!

Buzz, glad you are getting things straightened out. You are a tenacious lady!! Wonderful. I too often just cave in and let things go. Enjoy the visits and we will be happy to hear from you when you have the time to write to us. I hope you can find something to purchase to help with the leg issues and especially good for you in taking very good care of your legs this past week.

Marie, happy Friday and I am sure you are so impatient for Missy to arrive. Yippee!! More photos please.

Marcella, what are you doing this week? Do you have a New Year's celebration? And I guess I missed telling you that you are just beautiful. I loved that photo.

Anne, did the snow stop? How are you and Jilly doing?

Chris, hello!!! Busy with projects no doubt.

Time to get up and go, go, go.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It snowed overnight. Flurries expected all day on and off. 'Nuff said.
    Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Anne - We had snow last night too but a small amount. They are predicting rain on Monday and Tuesday here.

Lin - You are on busy lady these days, I got another adult coloring book from Dave this time, it has a CD
    which shows a fireplace. You are supposed to sit in front of the fire and color. Sounds very Zen. :)

I had my first aqua fit class today. It was an aerobic class and I could feel my knee at times depending what we were doing, but all in all a nice class and then I went into hot tub for a bit. Very relaxing.
    Everyone seemed very nice and all of them were senior age so I fit right in. The instructor introduced
    herself to me in the change room and told me some things I should be doing. I used to be a member
    there 6 years ago, where does the time go.

Now for a shower and I have to take my MIL to the hearing aid office today, Dave is home sick with a cold. We may not be going out New Year's Eve depending on how he feels. We have dinner reservations but may have to cancel.

Shirley
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday!! :) Busy morning with Babe bringing me supplies and finally I have Bryanna's car. I will use the rental to go for my eye exam and then return it so they can drive me back home. My car should be ready next week if all goes well.

Shirley, you aqua class sounds wonderful, water is one of the best forms of exercise they say.
    I hope Dave feels better and you can go to dinner for NYE. I am just staying home.

Anne, winter seems to be sticking with you, I hope you get a break soon. How is Jilly?

Lin, I am hoping the New Year is great with all good things including my car being done and then of course that all goes well on the 8th with baby Max!!

Buzz, I missed the part where your son and DIL were coming for a visit. Have a wonderful time with them and enjoy your New Year!!

Jackie, still enjoying the Crown, have you watched it?

Marie, I bet you are so excited that you just can't wait for Missy Marie to arrive!!

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Actually cleared up my desk surface! Shredded zillions of papers, installed a new color cartridge, place looks a bit neater, and I hope I can get DS to reverse my over the bed lamps, as mine has a faulty switch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything works out OK. Have to figure out if I want to absorb the bill for DIL's best friend who came along with them and never offers to foot her own bill!. I don't mind paying for my kids, as I wanted them to come and I am the one who asked for the guest suite, so it's my pleasure, but the friend? Do I owe her, since I don't really even now her? Any thoughts? Now I'm feeling guilty or stingy or both, but it was tricky digging up the reservations I finally arranged, especially for New Year's Eve! I had not expected the kids were with me for dinner every night, even though they were staying with my sweet DIL's brother. Until Sunday night, that is. Then they move here until Thursday. Then Germany :'( ! Have a fabulous weekend and
    3pu8s8u8h1hi.jpg
    <3 Buzz

• Sandydur
    Options
    Buzz, is the suite on set price no matter how many stay? If it based on per person is it worth it to upset your son or his wife since they are moving to Germany? Just my opinion but of course I don't know how expensive this would be for you.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,121 Member
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    Buzz, is the suite on set price no matter how many stay? If it based on per person is it worth it to upset your son or his wife since they are moving to Germany? Just my opinion but of course I don't know how expensive this would be for you.

I agree with Sandy but if it is really expensive I would probably try to find a way to talk about it. I hope you can just enjoy the visit.....

Hugs and oh my gosh, you got so much accomplished today!

Lin

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I made a pot of 15 beans soup with lot of veggies for me to take out to Kathy.That will keep me out of the dressing, ham, turkey,etc
    Missy has slept all afternoon. Hopes in the morning she will be more sociable. Her owner went had to go to a nursing home and had to give her up. She is from Waco, Texas and been kick around since Dec 15 so was in a foster home after getting out of the shelter now we have her. poor girl. I will continue to love her and hopes se can trust us to take good care of her.
    Marie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Good morning sneakers. I'm just back from a pleasant walk across the moors with Scruff and her mum and although it was a little overcast the temperature is mild so that halfway round I removed hat and gloves. Back at the car park a couple turned up with a boisterous Labrador that had lost his owner but after we managed to calm him down enough to hold the collar steady and read his tag for a phone number the owner was contacted, still at the top of the moors looking for him. A happy ending as I drove away with owner on her way back to her car. No plans for New Year other than a quiet evening with my "family". It's many years since I felt inclined to boogie the night away at parties!!

Marie ~ It took George a long time to settle into his new home with me after being shunted about and I expect Missie's sleeping is a good sign that she now knows she can relax. My experience is that dogs are sociable creatures but just need to be given space and time to get used to new surroundings and before you know it she'll be showing you lots of love.

Buzz ~ I'm with you..... it's plain rude to take anyone's hospitality for granted without first checking, especially if she's never met you before but then I'm a Brit and tend to speak my mind!! Hopefully either your DIL or better still the friend will at least offer to compensate then you can decide if you want to pay for her or not. It's not being stingy, just appreciating good manners but enjoy their company, especially as your son is heading off to Germany and hopefully be pleasantly surprised!!

Sandy ~ The Crown has passed me by although some programmes about royalty do interest me. Recently I saw a documentary about Queen Mary who was married to George V so was Elizabeth's grandmother and don't know if what you're watching showed how she took the young princess under her wing to prepare her for what was to come. Mary was considered an outsider by the royal household but it's thanks to her Elizabeth has been totally committed to the role. Let me know if they cover Phillip's philandering!! ;)

Shirley ~ Sounds like a very nice Aqua group you've found and hopefully you'll be able to strengthen your knee over time. Sorry to read Dave isn't feeling great but perhaps you can get out tonight if it is only a cold.

Lin ~ Mucking out a hen house does sound a bit over the top doesn't it but yes, that's exactly what it is. My girls seem to have trained themselves not to make too much mess in their house but wait until they get out into the run but I do my best to stick to a routine for them. As you know, dogs are hoovers when it comes to anything lying around. On our way back from yesterday's walk I dropped in to see my housebound neighbour who is once again home from a hospital visit and after greeting her George immediately began sniffing around her feet before licking the carpet and we had a laugh about what she might have dropped from her morning's breakfast..... either porridge or toast with some of my bees' honey. His bottom was a bit mucky again after our walk today so I'm hoping the bug isn't returning in time for another bank holiday vet visit!

My plan today is to continue tidying paperwork that seems to have grown into several piles and maybe do a bit of housework.... nothing too strenuous though!
    hgd9arme7uwk.jpg

Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hi BUZZ, I thought about your dilemma and of course I don't know your circumstances. I can only put myself in the same situation.
    If I was broke I would take my son aside and tell him while I was happy to provide for him and my daughter in law, I simply couldn't afford to provide for their friend as well and would he please help out if the friend can't afford her keep.

However:

If I was comfortably off I'd just pay for everyone because I can't take it with me, so let's have fun.
    I'm sure this doesn't help, just musing.

MARIE, it will take time for little Missy to get over her grieving for her old life and past owner. She will, just give her a little time.

Hey! It's NOT snowing today.
    Anne.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!!
    I've been busy the past couple of days getting ready for 2017. It feels a little like the first day of school. But instead of new notebooks and sharp pencils, I have new calendar books and fresh office supplies. It always feel like a clean slate waiting for new adventures to fill the blank pages of my calendar and life.
    Wishing everyone a Happy New Year filled with new experiences, adventure and joy! <3
    Marcella
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday or Happy New Year's Eve!! :) I am taking Bryanna's car for a works package including an oil change and check-up. She also has asked me to drive her to a friends when she is done working so not sure if I will make 5:00 Mass today. Oh well, I can always go tomorrow. I have no plans other than I threw some chicken in my crock pot with some Italian dressing and will later add some egg noodles. Hope to find a good movie for tonight and will be content staying home with my fireplace glowing. I do hope to take down my Christmas decorations between today and tomorrow, I am done with the holidays. B)

Anne, glad the snow finally stopped, now be careful because it still could be slippery.

Jackie, yes they did show how Queen Elizabeth's grandmother groomed her into a perfect queen. They also showed Phillips wild days, but you can't help but like him. There were ten episodes in this series which only showed two of their children. John Lithgow played Winston Churchill and was amazing. I do hope they continue with this series, it was really good. By the way it is a Netflix only series.

Marie, I agree, that if Missy is sleeping she is comfortable. She will learn to love you and be your little girl in no time. Bonding is an experience for all new mommies.

Lin, I presume you are up and about already while I am still in my nightgown. lol

Have a wonderful day and if you go out celebrating be extra careful of other people.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Shirley61
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Happy New Year 2017

Staying home tonight, cancelled dinner plans hubby is sick with a cold.
    Enjoy your evening and see you in the new year.

1881935ct99x3thtu.gif[/url]

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Happy almost new year! I have so much I want to accomplish this year. If not now, then when, as they say. I was to go to a couple of parties but you know...I guess the weather will win out on this one. It is cold and icy and dark and I will enjoy snuggling in warm Jammie's and toast the new year at home. I have a few special foods I will fix for John and I and we will call a few family members to wish them happy new year. We will do the usual watching the big ball drop and a big wet kiss over a glass of champagne to start the new year!

Katie slipped as she was jumping up and down on the slick kitchen floor. She is walking kind of slow...not normal for her! Naturally everything happens on a weekend. Vet visits on Saturday...New Years eve...are somewhat out of the question. So I will be out my mind worrying about her!

One of my funny but really great Christmas gifts is a fuller brush carpet sweeper for quick clean ups between vacuuming. It is of those things they use in restaurants to quietly clean up under tables during business hours. Not very glamorous but amazingly useful.

I love that tv series from Netflix, Frankie and Grace. It is absolutely irreverent and funny and unique to life today! I will read the new book from Tony Bennett. There are several other new non-fiction books I will get as well. My watch words this year...Push the envelope! Embrace the challenges!
    Patsy