Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) Church services are done as is breakfast. Not sure what my plans are today, possibly nothing than the usual. Lisa invited me for indoor movie night yesterday but I declined, I was tired and not in the mood. My friend invited me to her farm today but again declined. Just don't feel like all that driving. I made an appointment to get my car fixed but I found another place to get another estimate hopefully tomorrow. I might cancel original place to see if I can find another cheaper estimate. I waited this long so what's the hurry??

Buzz, glad to see you post but sorry you are having breathing problems. Prayers are being sent for better days. <3

Jackie, I remember during my first marriage that we had an album pole. We put all the vinyl albums on this turn around pole, it was interesting to say the least. Is there no way to check the number on google from the WhatsApp? Just be careful.

Lin, nice puzzle but hard work. You are indeed a good friend, listening is probably all she needed even though it left you exhausted. Hopefully it was just a small lamp you left on.

Anne, I wonder if we are posting together. Yes we were. I do hope Jilly feels better today, is it possible she got a hold of some duck's poop? Makes dogs very sick. Is she vomiting and diarrhea? Sorry to be so nosy, but now you have me worried. Poor little girl.

Patsy, I do hope you just bruised your hip and did no damage. Please let us know how you are today.

Barb, good walking weather???

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Cliff notes version: 70 degrees at 6am, walked, sat on deck with coffee then w/ Jean, shower etc., then mall walk (Jean at home hanging laundry etc as she likes to do), picked up some “holiday socks” for almost nothing, stopped at pharmacy for Rx (grocery store was a zoo so it was in and out quick with 2 items) and finally home for “grilling.” Still digesting after yesterday (photos).. two tasty meals.

wun1v7i79oxk.jpg

l4358fmml74s.jpg

Jackie – Thanks for the vinyl cleaning tip – I will check Amazon USA etc for availability. I started cleaning a few last night with a mild concoction with soft cloth (Paul Williams, Willie Nelson and The Ventures) I think they are ok…but I have about 100 to go thru. As in your situation, I can tell dampness and mold has made some unsalvageable and I won’t put anything on my turntable that I can readily see wouldn’t be pleasant to listen to… it’s a varied collection to say the least… not sure I will listen to Bobby Sherman much. LOL. Thanks on the sunflower comment. Anything I have is yours for the asking…

Anne – Your posts about George etc has me thinking about Jean’s uncle that just turn 89. His dog is having issues of late with heart problems (13 yrs old). Hoping the dog can hang on another year. He has been thru a lot – with a seriously disabled daughter dying at 51 – he took care of all her needs, he subsequently lost his wife and brother (Jean’s dad). He is amazing and never shows an ounce of self-pity (although macular degeneration I know has bothered him). He LOVES that dog to pieces.

Patsy – Hope you are on the mend and feeling a little better. Horrible when you can’t get around.

Lin – “Gifts from the vines” what a nice way to put it. Must say, I have eaten more tomatoes this year than ever. The positive side of COVID is we spent more time on the deck enjoying the sun, cooking out more, walking the neighborhood more etc. Good thing we get along. LOL . Weather has been awesome – storms expected Tuesday.

Sandy – Best thing about retirement IMHO is that “Not sure what my plans are today” and having it be OK. Hope church was good for you. Jean had a local church service on her cell phone early this morning. They just re-started some in-person services with restrictions on numbers etc and you reserve online. As for the auto repair – it’s amazing how prices vary. Good luck with yours!

Happy Sunday to all.
    Bob
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello sweet friends! Yes I am still alive and kicking, but I am kicking rather Slow and painfully. I honestly feel like maybe my hip is out of alignment or the joint is bruised somehow. There are times when it is much less painful..then suddenly....wham! It really talks to me! I have a call in to doc. That will be useless I am sure. I could get the same bit of help from some voodoo shaman. I am now on YouTube checking various sites on physical therapy after a fall. Self care is important these days, if possible. There are some Gentle stretches that are Recommended that I might try. It does feel very alarming not to be able to get around, lack of mobility is always my challenge.

Anyway, the day is fine. Pleasantly sunny and slightly warm. I have our dinner mostly done already. My very famous taco bowl salad. Only requires assembly. I have everything ready in the frig, so no work to do on that! I will hobble from chair to chair and I think Sunday baroque will be the music of the day. Positive and good vibes.

Thank you all for your get well wishes. As you all have experienced, special understanding friends is the best medicine.
    Take care friends, don’t fall! Be safe.
    Patsy☘️
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Overcast but mild so I can cope with that. A busy day ahead including hair appointment but hopefully everything will be cleared ready for asbestos man! It’s been a learning curve on how not to surround myself with unnecessary clutter!

Take care of that hip Patsy... maybe check out the voodoo!!

Bob, all I can comment on Paul Williams is “Snap!”
    5o6ad9srf5bm.jpeg

Love your socks purchase. Another bargain and great fun!

Anne, Maybe a trip with Jilly to the vet would be a good idea. Peace of mind if for no other reason.

Sandy, that number tried 2 more times to contact me but I don’t answer the phone unless the caller is in my contacts list and my thought is why a video call? I did try a search on the number but most sites ask me to register and that could be opening a whole new can of worms!

Lin and Buzz, you are on the previous page so no going back cos I know I’ll lose this post! Saying hello to you both 🥰

Cracking on and looking forward to Wednesday when I can relax again.

Happy Monday. Stay safe
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Morning, brief but just wanted to say that little Bean was so much better overnight I've decided to just stay home in the cool because another day in the jungle is forecast. I'm beginning to suspect her problem is and hopefully was heat stroke from the four hours spent in the garden with me and followed up by long walks with Michael. Mark can't help out today with his own agenda and having no car I don't want to walk her there and wait in the heat outside until the staff take just her in. She, like me, doesn't do heat very well, definitely a fall/winter dog. So, in we stay until this spell passes which should be late tomorrow or definitely Wednesday at 22C. Or a lovely normal 72F. Of course if an emergency occurs we will order a taxi.
    Hope everyone else and all the pets are in top form with PATSY much improved.
    Anne. 😅🌞🐶
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Something I ran across that I liked. NOT a teapot right now.

The Amimals Plea.

Feed me ‘til my belly's full.
    Please understand me too.
    Know that all I'll ever wish,
    Is just to be with you.
    I love you unconditionally,
    Would die for you indeed.
    I hope you love me just the same.
    This is all we animals need.
    Life in thoughts and words and actions,
    Is simple, basic, true.
    For peace of mind, don't look for more,
    Help me as I help you.
    Together then, we'll be as one,
    Balanced in awesome truth.
    Interlinked on circles Gold,
    Growing both, to Sage from youth.

Rosi Caswell.
    Artist Stephen Hanson

rghi1hha9se9.jpeg

❤️❤️
  • Gawanne35
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Before I go for my shower, AWWW, LIN. And George as well. Lovely and so true.
    Anne and Jillo 🙃🐶❤️
    Love the parrot picture behind George's chair, lol.
  • linder4866
    Options
    And now a morning teapot.

txyqpu802tc1.jpeg

❤️❤️
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Awesome morning! The gym re-opened. Super clean as usual – with extra precautions. About 50 people in the first hour (It’s a VERY large environment). Tons of room. Every other treadmill closed etc. Body temp taken upon entering…hand sanitizer a must…sanitized wipes stations throughout gym (as always)…clear signage…everyone courteous. Lifted some light Nautilus weights – whoa – it will take a few months to get some muscle back – right now any 10 yr old could beat me LOL. Did 40 min on treadmill.

jismtty3zkqw.jpg

Jackie – I LOVE PAUL WILLIAMS!!! I mentioned him to a young person recently and they replied “Who is Paul Williams?” Wanted to take my hat off an swat them on the top of their head “Hello!” Just kidding. Did you ever watch the documentary: “Paul Williams Still Alive (2011)” I thought it was great! Glad you liked the socks – I’m a goof at times what can I say…

Anne – Glad little Bean is doing better. Must say 4 hrs in the garden and a long walk would do me in…. Fortunately, I am not really bothered so much by heat, but love fall/winter too… I am not a fan of winter because it can last a long time here with heavy accumulation – varies year to year.

Lin – The Animals Plea – food for thought – pun intended but also very thought provoking. Love the sleeping dog by the fire!

Yesterday, I came across my absolute favorite sunrise photograph I took in January of 2018…so I will leave you with it for now. Bob

qbto2z515htu.jpg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) We are in for a heat wave the next few days so I will be staying in today.
    I am sitting tomorrow and after I am done I will drop my car off for repair at the body shop.
    Bryanna will pick me up and I will be without a car for three days. I am happy to get it done though, I hate when things are wrong with my car.

Bob, beautiful sunset, where you on a cruise??? That is some gym, very spacious indeed. Don't overdo those muscles please. I do wish you lived close to me to do all my cooking. lol
    BTW, yesterday for the whole day I had no cholesterol, is that normal???

Lin, love the poem and both pictures, could the pup get any more comfy??

Anne, you could be right on the heat stroke maybe just phone the vet and ask them. You know how we all worry about each other's pets.

Jackie, good luck at the hairdresser, you will come back a new woman. I do the same with phone calls, if I don't know the number I don't answer. If it is important they will leave a message.

Patsy, I do hope today is a better day but if not please call your doctor. I would hate to think of a crack or something in your hip or knee. I guess I just worry about everyone, sorry.

Good morning to everyone else who must be busy doing "fun" things or medical things.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Good afternoon. What a day. It has been one little mess after another requiring phone calls. Or should I say lots of ‘holding time.’ A very long time holding the phone to try to speak with Social Security again. I finally got in touch with someone and the quality of the connection was so bad I could barely hear him through the crackling etc. He said there’s nothing I can do about it, call back. I wouldn’t let him go after that long wait so I tried to communicate with him. The next letter I receive in the mail will confirm whether I was successful.

And once again, my grocery order was cancelled with no explanation. This time I found my actual phone number for Amazon and called for an explanation. Several operators, much discussion and they finally said they are having problems with the software for fresh food orders AKA Whole Foods. I would like to know why they are accepting orders if they know the system is broken? Moved on.

Placed an order from Natural Grocers through Instacart. I had a difficult time finding enough items to place the order, so much was out of stock. Then much later they said my order was delivered but it hadn’t been....it arrived within a quarter hour. I think the driver said it was delivered so he would be on time rather than late.

So I got a few things I wanted, some I didn’t really want and still could not get all the vegetables and fruit I wanted. I will try to do better on my next order.

A pleasant surprise, a phone call from a friend and this is a friend who is wonderful to chat with. Yes! Now that was a pleasant hour.

Wishing everyone good days. This is another one that drained out my stuffing. 😉

Long distance hugs. ❤️❤️

Lin
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Not a great start to the day... room spinning, nausea etc... no point going into details but can’t even keep water down so looks as if I’ll be having an unplanned fasting 24 hours! No idea what’s caused it but thank goodness the asbestos removal had already been postponed until tomorrow because they are short staffed. That could have been awkward! Poor George is asking to go for a walk but at the moment it’s going to have to be garden only.

Another stormy night but I think the worst is over and the wind is dying down.

Lin, what a frustrating and annoying day for you on the phone. I’m sure I wouldn’t have the patience! If only the quote on your teapot yesterday was true!!

Bob, the Paul Williams movie sounded familiar but viewing its promotional video on YouTube it doesn’t look familiar to me so something new to seek out, thanks. You could probably fit 10 of our local gyms into yours! What an amazing place and it’s great you can feel confident of your safety. A gorgeous sunrise you captured and talk about being in the right place at the right time!

Sandy, I had just got back in my car after my hair appointment when my phone buzzed to let me know a video call was asking permission so I opened it up to see 2 very good friends beaming at me. They had been neighbours about 20 years ago then moved to Portugal but are now back in the UK. I asked if they had been trying to reach me over the weekend and yes, it was them so I said I was on my way home and would call them once I’d made myself a cup of tea but since then haven’t managed to make contact! Mystery solved!
    Good luck with your car repairs... hopefully not too expensive.

Anne, I hope Jilly is back to her cheerful self. Both George and Betty struggle with heat so I keep walking down to a minimum on such days. At home George will come and lie indoors where it’s cool but Betty doesn’t seem to have the sense although she is beginning to realise shade means less heat! It’s all a learning curve with extreme weather but I should know that George’s Tibetan blood prefers cold and snow. You’ve obviously got George’s good sense staying indoors!

Hello to Patsy and Buzz. A better day for you both hopefully. 🙋🏻‍♀️

Things settling down and the room has stopped spinning so I’ll potter about and see what happens.

Happy Tuesday
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Just saying hello before I go for a shower. TREMENDOUS thunderstorm last night had the Bean shivering with one hot little body cuddled up to me. Good news about Bean. Everything back to normal and I'm convinced it was heat stroke.

Which makes me wonder if that is what you are suffering from JACKIE? Mark had heat stroke as a little boy in the UK. I had to pick him up at school one time and the other time was a beach in Cornwall!
    Your symptoms sound very similar to Mark and actually, also Jilly! You've been one busy girl just recently so please take it easy today with George and Betty. I had it once as well, horribly ill in a cottage up north in Ontario.

Slightly cooler today, not much, but some relief because Derek and Bev move in with Mark and Mary Jo because of having to give up their rented condo in Toronto. Hobbes the giant Puss has been with the Ms for over a week already. It was a very expensive and very small condo so he must be very happy with three floors to run up and down.

Poor Jilly, the outdoor dog, is staying in for another day because I don't want a relapse.
    After telling Jackie to take it easy I've been swapping bedrooms. I like the master bedroom the best but I can only use it in the summer. It is situated above the basement furnace and water heater and is far too warm for comfort once the heat comes on. It's also situated close enough to the kitchen to hear the fridge click on and off. So tonight we will be in the small guest room and wake up to the apple tree tapping on the window.

Shower time, which I really need because moving rooms meant shifting a big rug as well and getting it under the double bed. Shhhhh. Don't tell the sons. They tell me off when I move bedrooms!

Anne. 🙃💦🐶❤️

• linder4866
    Options
    Oh no. I just lost my long long post. ☹️☹️

Have to do a couple of errands.

Later 🙋🏼‍♀️

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    y2ow2jeoxam2.jpeg

The poster said this was a gift. No more information.

Had to try to get a teapot posted.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    As I’ve commented before I’m no expert but the teapot looks similar to the sort of style one of the Staffordshire potteries produced. If it’s Johnson Brothers they are another company that recently closed... cheap imports did ‘em in! A shame because they were very popular at one time and I remember that sort of pattern around the 90’s, or was it 80’s? Time flies!

Anne, if it was last week I would agree about heat stroke but these storms we’re having have brought cooler air. Nothing different in my diet so I’ll probably never know. I’m sipping sweet tea slowly and did manage to take the dogs on a short walk and will definitely take things steady. You be careful with your bedroom shifting too!

Jackie
  • Sandydur
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Still hot here but I am sitting early so Lisa can take Max for an evaluation on his drooling which I have never noticed. I will be staying for the volleyball game which will be really hot to play. Bryanna may or may not come but I will send her a text to remind her to pick me up from body shop tonight.

Jackie, do you have a fever as well or just under the weather? Please be careful and take your temp everyday. I have tummy problems every morning but then feel fine the rest of the day.
    As long as I don't have a temp I don't worry about it and won't until I feel safe going for any kind of procedure.

Lin, I am sorry about your post, it happens to all of us but still is frustrating. Looks like I can't grocery shop until I get my car back unless I have them delivered or maybe Bryanna could pick them up for me. Hmmmmm.

Anne, you're lucky I don't have your son's number or I would be calling him. Stop lifting beds and doing things they can do to help you. We want you with us for a very long time. So glad Jilly is feeling better, now both of you rest.

I do hope Patsy and Buzz are feeling okay and Barbie where are you??

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Actually SANDY I shifted everything whilst the family where involved with Derek and Bevs move. That way I knew they wouldn't show up unexpectedly and I know none of them will notice what Moms been up to, hee hee! You don't make it to 84 without learning a devious trick or two, and Bean isn't telling.

I am a lumberjack, and I'm alright, Anne. 👩‍🌾🌲🐶
  • Sandydur
    Options
    You are a devil Anne, I love it!! <3
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Better today but still hobbling around. I still believe that my hip was crenked out of position when I tumbled. My knee is always in and out of position. I need a new one but my doc isn’t sure the operation would be a good idea at this point. In fact when I called him, we went through an exhausting interview on the phone. He pointedly told me to learn to use my new iPhone and send photos on our phone visits. He only has dire emergencies in his office, even then he prefers meeting patients at the hospital. As I mentioned, this “doc visit will be of little use!”

So time to toughen up and get on with life. No more laying around! I am planning a full week of special deep cleaning and in between I have been starting to put together a virtual art show. It seems everyone is doing it and I decided to produce one as well. I will use music and some computer magic that our son will teach me, this will be a real learning experience.

Anne: isn’t it interesting how important it feels to remain independent? Good for you. You do realize that people are living longer and healthier. Your sons need to realize, “hey! Mom is going to be running things for some years to come.” I do understand about Jilly. When Katie is sick, I am the one that almost falls apart from worry. She is so important in our life.

Lin: dear friend, I hope you get these problems under control. I am wanting to hear about your new card designs, new puzzles under construction, new teapots, new books being read.

Sandy: could you have an ulcer? This is a condition John suffers upon occasion. I know it isn’t pretty!
    There are sugar-free tums for acid relief.

Jackie: low blood sugar causes those symptoms with me. Of course I take a diabetes med that could get out of whack. I currently am monitoring all meds and exercise but I know you are careful with your health.
    Stay alert and safe dear ones,
    Patsy