Tracking Keto in MFP

Options
vingt2
vingt2 Posts: 2 Member
Is anyone else trying to track KETO on mfp without the upgrade?
Any suggestions?
I just started this past weekend and am trying to make sure I am tracking correctly.

Thanks,
Sabrina

Replies

• murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am - just started the process and I do not pay for premium MFP.

Here is what I did (via browser, things may be different in the phone/tablet app)

Go to Home > Goals > Daily Nutrition Goals > green Edit button
    I set my calories, Carbs, Fat and Protein.
    My settings (adjust to your needs)
    cal 1500
    Carb 5% - 19g (this seems to low for me and I've been going over, but I hope to be able to eventually meet these goals)
    Fat 70% - 117g
    Protein 25% - 94g

If you then go into Settings> Diet settings
    you can charge your nutrients tracked
    I am doing Calories, protein, fat, fiber & sugar

Hope this helps!
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto and using the free version of MFP. I think it works great. Good luck!
  • weldmomma
    weldmomma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing close to the same carbs 5% protein 15% Fat 80% but I was turned on to a website that calculated what my weight and goal should be calories total at 1820 .. I wish I remembered the website it was keto calculator or something like that
  • MargHagen
    MargHagen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went to www.ruled.me. I clicked on Keto diet, then selected Keto calculator. You can enter all your information there and it will tell you what your goals should be. Then I went into MFP and changed the macros there. I couldn't enter the exact percentage but I chose whichever was closest. Ex. the calculator said I should consume 76% fat so in MFP I put it at 75%. Hope this helps
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    That's how I set my goals in MFP as well. It doesn't calculate NET Carbs, but you can always scroll to see the nutrition information for the day. Hopefully, there will be enough Keto talk on here to merit they adjust for us doing Ketogenic plans as well.
  • jewls164
    jewls164 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if MFP tracked net carbs... Any hope there? it usually says I am over on carbs but when I subtract the Fiber I am ok most of the time
  • corkygirl2
    corkygirl2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do pay for premium but there is still no way to calculate net carbs, so I edit the title of recipes to include the net carbs. That way I can quickly adjust the carbs at the end of the day. I think we all should email MFP and request it. It would be a simple formula just subtract fiber from carbs to get net carbs.