OMADic Weight-loss Beverages

Replies

• Alicia09NYC
    Alicia09NYC Posts: 34 Member
    edited December 2016
    I have lost 7 pounds in 14 days, it has been a learning process..initially i was used to have wine every night plus i was not ready to give it up and to help me sleep, then found that next day i would my sugar levels spiked and feel really hungry, so i gave it up and now take a heavy loaded camomille tea at night (3 bags) and i have been sleeping fine.
    I am adding cinamon to coffee to regulate sugar levels . I am pre-diabetic so i have to watch.
    I would like to incorporate vinegar but dont know how. Suggestions?
    This is a learning process for me as its not only to loose the weight but to change my whole mentallity and how i see and use food.
    I have been drinking 1 cup of coffee in the morning and then green tea all day. Yesterday i started the orange and lemon teas ...i use stevia.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Good job. Joe has a video on vinegar and how to drink it. I think if you watch that you will know what to do. People mix the vinegar with water, or juice. It's whatever your preference is.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Thanks Joe!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited December 2016
    I mix ACV with water or juice, about 2-tbs of ACV and then juice or water or both to about 4-6 oz of fluid. I then fill up another cup full of water. I drink the ACV mix (without breathing through my nose) and then I chase it with the glass of water. Then I breathe through my nose. I still shudder after all of that but I can get it down doing that (I don't like vinegar). I haven't tried the rice vinegar this way but do like it with some other foods.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I mix ACV with water or juice, about 2-tbs of ACV and then juice or water or both to about 4-6 oz of fluid. I then fill up another cup full of water. I drink the ACV mix (without breathing through my nose) and then I chase it with the glass of water. Then I breathe through my nose. I still shudder after all of that but I can get it down doing that (I don't like vinegar). I haven't tried the rice vinegar this way but do like it with some other foods.

I can relate to you on this. I'm the same. I have such a difficult time and can't drink it all without breathing. Yuk!! I read somewhere that some people like the taste but I can't imagine that. As I said before, you're a trooper!!
  • blambo61
    ACV with tart cherry juice goes down a lot easier than other stuff I've tried (grape juice, water). I think it because it is tart also and you expect sour from the juice and don't get a sour surprise when using a non-sour juice. I think that is probably why the cranberry-pomegranate stuff works better also than a lot of stuff because that has to be tart also I would imagine.
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    I am the opposite. I really like vinegar. I made some flavored vinegars a few weeks ago - honey ginger and raspberry balsamic. Mixed with fizzy water, it's one of my favorite drinks
  • SavedByGrace26356
    ACV with tart cherry juice goes down a lot easier than other stuff I've tried (grape juice, water). I think it because it is tart also and you expect sour from the juice and don't get a sour surprise when using a non-sour juice. I think that is probably why the cranberry-pomegranate stuff works better also than a lot of stuff because that has to be tart also I would imagine.
    sun_cat wrote: »
    I am the opposite. I really like vinegar. I made some flavored vinegars a few weeks ago - honey ginger and raspberry balsamic. Mixed with fizzy water, it's one of my favorite drinks

I read somewhere that some people have bodies that crave the acid and can tolerate it better than those who have bodies that don't need the acid and that is why they can't tolerate vinegar. I don't know if this is the case but it does make sense.
  • blambo61

My wife is the same way. She loves the Braggs stuff and eats it everyday on something.

I read somewhere that some people have bodies that crave the acid and can tolerate it better than those who have bodies that don't need the acid and that is why they can't tolerate vinegar. I don't know if this is the case but it does make sense.

I think I need it for my gout but I sure don't like it much. Funny though, I love dill pickles but despise sweet pickles. Some pickled things I can eat but not much. I do like some vinaigrettes, but in very small quantities.
  • SavedByGrace26356

My wife is the same way. She loves the Braggs stuff and eats it everyday on something.

I think I need it for my gout but I sure don't like it much. Funny though, I love dill pickles but despise sweet pickles. Some pickled things I can eat but not much. I do like some vinaigrettes, but in very small quantities.

I like sauerkraut a little and a little vinegar on spinach but that's it for me.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member

I like the two together also (tart cherry/ACV). I also like to add the tbsp ACV to unfiltered regular apple cider juice. I can hardly taste the vinegar in that.
  • Abe_Forward
    Abe_Forward Posts: 5 Member
    This was encouraging to me as I like sour tastes--lemon, vinegar. I can do 2 tbsp ACV in any volume of water. My only concern would be the effect of even low concentrations of acid (in large volume of water, prolonged) on tooth enamel. I'll therefore go with shots, then rinsing out my mouth.

Thanks, Joe.
  • DebSozo
    This was encouraging to me as I like sour tastes--lemon, vinegar. I can do 2 tbsp ACV in any volume of water. My only concern would be the effect of even low concentrations of acid (in large volume of water, prolonged) on tooth enamel. I'll therefore go with shots, then rinsing out my mouth.

Thanks, Joe.

You can use a straw to minimize tooth contact also.
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    Was not feeling very well mixed 2 tablespoons of acv with about 150ml of water...omg...grosss.... not sure if i am a bit more or less feeling well lol...
  • DebSozo
    Was not feeling very well mixed 2 tablespoons of acv with about 150ml of water...omg...grosss.... not sure if i am a bit more or less feeling well lol...

It tastes better mixed with apple or cherry juice, IMO. I have it within one hour of my meal. Sometimes I mix a tbsp with olive oil and Italian spices to make salad dressing out of it. I don't like the flavor plain in water.
  • blambo61

Don't breath through nose while drinking it. Chase it with more plain water. Then breath through nose. Significantly lessens the effect. Only way I can take the stuff.
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    Feeling better this morrning but having a black coffeee feel the need to not have any acv this morrning lol...
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Feeling better this morrning but having a black coffeee feel the need to not have any acv this morrning lol...

Glad you're feeling better. If you find a combination of vinegar that works for you please let me know. I've tried everything and gag whenever I've tried something. I'm still searching for a mixture that I can tolerate. Good luck!!
  • DebSozo
    edited January 2017

ACV in the morning with coffee would be gross IMO. I like mine in juice close to dinnertime meal.