Visual Incentives and Accountability

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
edited December 2016 in Social Groups
Love the idea of a visual incentive. Grab some marbles and 2 containers and lets get busy. Take 20 marbles, rocks or whatever you want to use and place them in one jar. Everytime you drop a pound, move a marble to the other jar. Super simple and it's something that you will see daily. Might want to keep it in the kitchen to remind you not to over indulge! Here's a sample
5d93dvk7n56m.jpg

Replies

• kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!
  • LMR51
    LMR51 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Gone to look for marbles and two containers right now
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • TLC227
    TLC227 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Love this idea!
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This is great!
  • pmb0602
    pmb0602 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! An excellent motivator. Another thing I do, especially when I have a week or two of no loss, is to find something that weighs the total lbs I have lost (ie when I lost my first 9 lbs I used a gallon of milk) and carried it around the house for a few minutes. It made me realize that even though I was stuck at the moment I had made a lot of progress!! Can't wait until I hit 25 lbs and have to take that bag of dog food for a walk!!!
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of a visual incentive. Grab some marbles and 2 containers and lets get busy. Take 20 marbles, rocks or whatever you want to use and place them in one jar. Everytime you drop a pound, move a marble to the other jar. Super simple and it's something that you will see daily. Might want to keep it in the kitchen to remind you not to over indulge! Here's a sample
    5d93dvk7n56m.jpg

I had used this for a while, but it's currently packed away in storage right now. Maybe I need to get another one, or a different form of it.
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love this idea but I'm going to use pebbles as I'm to mean to go and buy marbles. I may draw a smiley face on each one though.
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    pmb0602 wrote: »
    This is a great idea! An excellent motivator. Another thing I do, especially when I have a week or two of no loss, is to find something that weighs the total lbs I have lost (ie when I lost my first 9 lbs I used a gallon of milk) and carried it around the house for a few minutes. It made me realize that even though I was stuck at the moment I had made a lot of progress!! Can't wait until I hit 25 lbs and have to take that bag of dog food for a walk!!!

Fab idea. I have about 3.5 stones (sorry I'm English) to lose which is roughly my sons weight. I can't carry him for long now and it makes me realise the strain I'm putting on my body. I may carry him for a while if I'm tempted to slip.

• kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Here is the label if you want to print it out and put it on your containers.7bh9gc80tiq4.jpg
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    @kayjosh2422 What an AWESOME idea!! Love the idea of a visual loss!! Gonna try it!! Thanks for the labels too!!

:flowerforyou:
  • bobbylou23
    bobbylou23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    7q5hq8fwzk33.png

'My model' app

Before, current and wannabe virtual images
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I found a phone app to use as well. Even did measurements for it. I really don't do those enough
  • Chriss1060
    Chriss1060 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anyone like to be accountable by sharing your food on your myfitnesspal? Brave enough to be an open book? When you know someone else is viewing your food logging - it may step up your game... An accountability friend or partner?