Agh!

Options
2»

Replies

• LWAF
    LWAF Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope this group can get going again too. I am just like you ispendlots. I quit smoking and am really making an effort, but no response from my body to the changes. yet.
  • knottyknitwits
    knottyknitwits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was plunged into menopause over night in my mid 40's after a hysterectomy that was necessary. I gained a ton of weight- now I'm 70 pounds over weight, 49, and struggling to even give a damn. I DO I really do- I know life - every aspect of life- is better when I'm not overweight. Plus now there are all those health concerns- but I feel so buried by it all.... BUT I'm going to come on here for motivation and inspiration and cliche as it sounds..I'll take it one step at a time!
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Seems like there's not much action on this board, but I am really struggling and hoping to find some answers. I'm 45 and went through early menopause a few years ago. None of the uncomfortable side effects -- just no more monthly cycle. Now I'm trying to lose weight and even though I'm eating 1200 calories or less, the scale keep creeping UP! I'm walking every day (it's not a major workout, but it's enough that my heart rate gets going and my fitbit counts it as a workout.)

I'm feeling really motivated and ready to try anything -- I think low-carb/paleo/keto might be in my future. Have any of you had experience with a way of eating that works best post-menopause? Other than counting calories, of course.