Welcome, Newbies! What Do You Need to Know?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    RebekahR84 wrote: »
    I'm back after a couple of years' break. Is there now a way to tag other people in groups? I want to get my husband here.

It might be easier to give him this link.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

You can tag people by using @ before their name
    Like @RebekahR84 and it will offer options of names... choose the one you want when you see it and it makes a tag. Since our group is private I don't know if it will work to bring him to a tagged post until he joins the group though.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    I'm back after a couple of years' break. Is there now a way to tag other people in groups? I want to get my husband here.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Like @RebekahR84 and it will offer options of names... choose the one you want when you see it and it makes a tag. Since our group is private I don't know if it will work to bring him to a tagged post until he joins the group though.

Right. He has to join the group to see threads here. I'm hoping I can get a vote to go Public again sometime later this year.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Bump
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Bumping for @melroy123
  • batmanjoker33
    batmanjoker33 Posts: 5 Member
    bump
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    bump
  • baconslave
    bumpish
  • RalfLott
    Ditto
  • baconslave
    ... :tongue: ...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    What does "bump" mean for the social media illiterate.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »

Making any new comment on a post will bring it back to top of the current discussions so that people will see it easily.

The bump is just a comment for the purpose of bumping it back to the top.
  • RalfLott

It's something that things go in the night, or a 4-letter post to move a thread to the top of the recent discussions list, so folks can find it.

Two of the many inconveniences in this private group are poor search capabilities and - unless I'm missing something or forgot :s - the inability to link to other threads in the mobile app (something that is simple on a laptop)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    We're just bumping the thread up to the top so people can see it again....Or new people can see it for the first time.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member

That is just what some of us do with older threads like this to get it near the top of the list for the newer people.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    It's to control speed. Try to slow down, guys, will ya? Freakin' manicacs, I tells ya.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Thanks. Bump!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Bring Up My Post
  • RalfLott
    Cadori wrote: »
    Bring Up My Post

Was it spoiled? :s
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member

Thank you!
  • gunnerslove77
    gunnerslove77 Posts: 299 Member

Bump means to bring someone's post up on the message board.. basically jolting it to the top x