Rock Your Resolution: January 2017 Challenge, Week 1 (1/1-1/7)

Options

Replies

• AggieHighland
    AggieHighland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @230to130mfp

Can you elaborate on this:

"...i did a weekly carb refeed..." ?

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    makingexcusesburnszerocalories_0.jpg
    :joy: I don't know. I can put some serious work into making excuses. :lol:

Doing good.
    Hit calories and carbs.
    Did Day 1 of HASFit. Got side-stitch. It was pretty much continuous high-intensity cardio for 15min straight.

I had a hateful leg/foot cramp last night. Bleh. I need to take measurements today. I don't ever enjoy that. :lol:

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Part of my goal for the new year is trying new recipes. Today I had coconut pancakes. Very tasty, texture a little different since it wasn't regular flour and a little dry but I would definitely make it again! Add to grocery list sugar free maple syrup!

http://www.dropthesugar.com/low-carb-coconut-flour-pancakes/
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @baconslave Love that graphic! LOL

My resolutions:
    1. Quit pop.
    Not yet. I have one diet pepsi left and I will drink it this evening. Then...done.

2. Getting back to my ketogenic basics.
    Yes. Starting now. Cutting calories too. Keeping it to around 1500kcal unless I get a lot of exercise, which is not happening this week while I recover from this Xmas/New Year cold.... My excuse burns no calories but all this coughing is a deterrent.

Breakfast today was BPC, but in the spirit of cutting calories my coconut oil was a tsp and the whipping cream was 2 TBS.

Lunch and dinner will be meat based. I'm keeping carbs very low for a few days until I am back in the full swing of it.

And salt. lots of extra salt.

Oh, I should add I am 164.2 this morning. I've put back on ~10lbs in the last year. My goal weight is back under 155lbs but I'd like to pass that and get under 150lbs. My size 8/10's are tight. Very tight. I want to fix that.
  • RManning2018
    RManning2018 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My goals are:

1) to eat healthier. I am not cutting carbs completely. Did that once before and ended up with a kidney stone from too much protein. Anyway, I am going to eat lower carbs than before and cut out most sugar.

2) lose weight. My ultimate goal is 80-90 lbs, but that will take time. Hoping to lose 30 or more this year.

3) lower my A1C. I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and I want it back in the normal range by years end. It is currently 6.9.

4) get back into exercise. I will have to find time in my super busy schedule to do it, but I have to do it!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    First day. Not satisfied with yesterday's goals, but I guess I get 2 of 3.
    May revise goal for the month and year, but I feel like my mind is set right and I'm already starting up with the changes.
    So Far so good.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    1. Lose these 6 lbs still hanging on from Christmas feasting. I done gone and ate ALL the carbs. And drank all the alcohol :o . I have stopped pretending it didn't happen, yet will not shame myself for my choices.
    2. I will continue with my immensely successful carnivore lifestyle. The carbage incident taught me my body hates grains, fruits, and fiber. I must log, at least loosely, otherwise I undereat.
    3. Stop playing around with my workouts. I do a calisthenics based program, but I haven't made any progress as I skip days or don't do the whole workout. I have the program, just got to do it. 3x weekly is my goal.

Well, there's still real cheesecake, muffins, cookies, cakes, and other *kitten* in the house. Had such bad heartburn NYE night from indulging. Ate none of it yesterday and today. If it's not eaten by the kids and MIL tonight, I'm trashing it all.

It was all crap my MIL bought, anyway, then decided she doesn't like any of it and needs to cut back (she's T2D, IR, gouty, in kidney failure, anemic, with CHF and every other metabolic syndrome malady there is, sigh) :| I figure I'm doing her a favor.

Sometimes, my warped mind convinces me to eat such things she buys so she doesn't, as I'm healthier, and this *kitten* is literally killing her. But...I can only control my eating, not hers.
  • ked24_7
    ked24_7 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    January goals--
    1- log everyday- no matter what! Completed
    2- exercise 4x per week none today, which means T,W,Th and Sun I must exercise.
    3- stop binge eating ehh fail today.

I ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant today and splurged on their chips :s - now to detox all over again. I need to start weighing myself once a week, I woke up this morning with a 3lb loss and decided I could splurge... but I did log everything, so it wasn't a compete loss. Tomorrow is a new day!

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    First day. Not satisfied with yesterday's goals, but I guess I get 2 of 3.
    May revise goal for the month and year, but I feel like my mind is set right and I'm already starting up with the changes.
    So Far so good.

Glad to see you back around. :smile:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good morning! Back at work, back in front of a computer, back from the land of the dead!

So I intentionally dialed back some in December for a few reasons. I didn't log and I allowed a few more carbs: some potatoes, some bread, a bit of dessert. I am happy to say that even with that I ended the month 4 pounds down and with the ability to say I was done after 2 bites of dessert (this is HUGE for me!!) as well as saying no to all of the holiday candies and treats around the office. I didn't have any cravings or low blood sugar issues or being cranky when hungry. And I was still able to easily IF.

Now I'm back to logging though and keeping a closer eye on that carb count...and being another size down by the end of this month! I'm size checking with the variety of blue jean sizes in my closet...the best size indicator for this pear shaped girl. I have my next size down that I couldn't even pull up when I started. I can get them on and they're about and inch from buttoning. I can lose an inch off my hips/butt in a month!

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    So far so good this New Year. I took a long trail run on Sunday to get 2017 off to a good start. Luckily we had nice weather! Yesterday no real exercise but I did hang out at the playground and run around with a 3 year old which definitely beats sitting on the couch! I'm sticking to my carb goals. The rest of the week I need to get back into strength training and work on taking that collagen. I keep forgetting it!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm back with a vengeance.

Like my teenager says. "Well, THAT happened". Got all my carbs, drinking, and lack of exercise, binge watching TV out of the way.

I did great last year at this time, but undid all my great progress in the Fall. I know I can do this and set my goals and plan of action in place.

SW: 169.
    GW: 140

Got my meals all prepped for the week, so I'm feeling back in control. Got my steaks, hamburg, chicken, fish all lined up.

Ready for a happy and healthy 2017! Looking forward to reading threads and all the great support in this group.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I finally decided I am going to bite the bullet, spend the money and do a DietBet maintenance challenge. but first I'm doing a Kickstarter to lose the extra holiday weight. (Totally my fault since @baconslave set us up for success!!) I mysteriously gained yet another pound even though I'm back on track. So. Anyhow.

Other than that I am doing well. I got up bright and early this morning and am hoping forcing myself to wake up earlier will help make earlier bedtimes easier. ;)

Food was on track yesterday and I did strength training. Planning to do 30 mins of walking with a few intervals thrown in today. I really need to take it easy on my back these days so the running will be minimal.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Long Term 2017 Goals:

- Reach 23% body fat (starting at 26%)
    - Improve overall fitness level. Baseline will be set with a 1 mile run, flexibility, sit-up and push-up tests, 1 rep max leg press and squat.
    - Schedule more regular doctor's appointments.
    - Spend more time being productive and developing personally and professionally and less wasted time (video games and Netflix).
    - Improve sleep habits and establish a consistent and productive routine.
    - Improve hair health, stop breakage, find healthy protective styles, continue using all-natural products, avoid compulsive purchases.
    - Improve dental health, floss more, minimize use of manual toothbrush (use electric ALWAYS), keep up with dental check-ups and reduce the need for expensive procedures.
    - Reach out to friends and family more. Call parents weekly.
    - Put more money towards things that matter: mortgage, 401k, savings.
    - Clean house more regularly.
    - Get outside of the house (not including work and gym) more regularly.

January 2017 Goal

- Limit the use of bullet proof coffee.
    - Drink at least 64 oz of water M-F.
    - Regularly check MFP and other keto/low carb resources. Will not make any goal regarding logging food and log in streaks but make concerted effort to track food and progress.
    - Stay under 40 carbs net daily.
    - Meal prep for the week on Sunday before watching any TV or playing any video games. Finish meal prep by 6:00 pm. Cooking more during the week as needed. Avoid quick and unhealthy meals by not prepping adequately.
    - Do not let food spoil and be wasted. Do not purchase more food than I need.
    - In bed no later than 11 PM on weeknights, 1 am on weekends. Limit the use of social media and tv while in bed.
    - Wake up no later than 7:00 am. STOP snoozing the alarm.
    - Absolutely no quick breakfast from Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, McDonals etc.
    - Start working out at least 3 days a week. Ideally, 3 days strength training M-Th-Sa, cardio Tu-F, off W Su. Follow a guided strength training regimen.
    - Limit the consumption of dark chocolate unless it is used in fat bombs. Do not over-consume fat bombs.
    - Off entertainment no later than 10:00 pm.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    @Cadori Your post is like you were reading my mind LOL

Jan SW 174.5
    Jan GW 171
    Monthly goals include logging all my food everyday, using my fitbit again, start jogging again even if it's indoors and just 5 minutes a day.

Read lots of inspiring posts in catching up with the new challenge, very helpful!!!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've let carb creep get the better of me. So I've regained about 17 lbs. Ouch. Not sure I'm willing to do the work getting down to 115 lbs again...but I think shedding off 11 lbs and STAY thereabouts is manageable. I'm a binge eater. Sadly, I can cram in an astonishing amount of food within 4 hrs eating window. Ugh. I've also slipped up on my exercise regime for many months. But since I'm a comittement phobic, I won't restrain to very specific protocols. I've been on this rodeo before and I know what works for me. Too much rules gets to become neurotic fast. I'll refurbish some old rules: If I'm peckish, there's lovely vegs to snack on :p

A lot of my journey is about accepting trial and error as process oriented method. Healing my relationship with food was never and will never be a goal oriented problem.
    A frd in a casual game posted a proverb on my wall: "Forget who hurt you. Never forget what you learnt from it".

Good luck everyone!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks baconslave.
    Glad to be back...seems like I'm ramping up on schedule...still no defined goals, but I can feel myself getting back to good habits. Gladly riding the energy of the New Year and feeling good about possibilities for new strategies and goals.
    Not ready to define a specific goal for the month or the year...yet....but I know what I need to do and for some reason, I feel like I've already started!
    Hopefully I'll post a goal for January soon. Also hoping for a big whoosh pretty soon as well, just for fun.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new to this forum and to the low carb lifestyle. Here are my goals:

1) stay consistent with my LCHF life. It has been THE MOST effective and sustainable approach I have tried to maintain my caloric deficit
    2) gym 3-4 days a week - be sure to get my cardio in
    3) I'd like to really get back to lifting heavy again this year - maybe early summer