Goals

Options
taniajoh
taniajoh Posts: 30 Member
Hi there!
I'm Tania, I'm 30 years old and i'm aiming to lose 10lb as a first step :)
I'm joining this group to find and provide support in reaching goals !

Replies

• jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi Tania,
    I am JR. I am 57 and I have been off and on with these holiday challenges. This time I am committed to this challenge! My goal is to see the 140s on my scale. I am having trouble getting out of the 150s!

• taniajoh
    Options
    Hi JR,
    in terms of weight, I am also aiming at going from 150 to 140!
    Lets do this!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Brigitte and I am 57 years young. I lost 7 pounds during the last challenge. I am so glad we are continuing on. My goal is to lose 8 pounds and to tone up.
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody My name is Gene I am 48 and I have lost 104 pounds or just over 7 stones over the last one and a half years I have been trying to maintain for the last 3 months and have put on around 4 pounds this goes up and down so that's why I say trying to maintain. I needed a break from my weight loss journey just to reset my metabolism I had stalled and was not losing anything for ages even with upping my exercise. But now I am ready to go again and excited to start I want to drop one or one and a half more stone.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm Stephanie (for those who don't know me yet).

I think I'm going to focus on maintaining for the next few weeks (for the challenge), but I want to get back to a better way of eating and a consistent workout schedule (training for a marathon in early May and maybe a half during the challenge), and also am going to set a goal to consistently sleep 6 hours (something I rarely do now).

I have a new calorie and macro goal, but my biggest thing for eating is to stop snacking which is always my downfall.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm Theresa from Indiana. I've been participating in these holiday challenges on/off since 2013! There have been some ups and downs but overall, I'm down over 40# from my original start weight of 205. As I get closer to my goal weight, I'm thinking a lot more about activity goals and strengthening and toning. I'm aiming for 6500 steps every day, 8 glasses of water, and doing my P90 DVDs 3 days a week. Over the next 10 weeks, I'm shooting for a 7# loss. That's 5# for the new challenge and the 2 I didn't lose last challenge!
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Sidelined by two unexpected surgeries, two activity limiting illnesses and one serious knee injury, I ended 2016 with bad eating habits and a gain of twenty pounds. My goals
    1. Return to healthy food choices.
    2. Regain post work no snacking habit
    3. No eating in big chair.. eat at table
    4. Lose ten pounds.
    5. Run half marathon if knee recovers
    6. Triathlon training as usual
    7. Drink more water
    8. Work on better sleep habits
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm Jane from the UK - married with a two year old son. I've been on MFP for years and successfully lost the 20lbs that I wanted to originally. Then pregnancy! I'm back down to being about 12lbs off my target but my discipline has slipped - with limited time due to a full time job and other life getting in the way. This year, it is time to look after me again - my goals for this challenge are:

1) Log consistently and stay under calories whenever possible (I'm not perfect, it doesn't always work!)
    2) Drink more water
    3) Lose 5lbs - any more would be great but I'm not in a great rush and have to be realistic
    4) Lose inches - this is about more than just the scale
    5) Exercise more - it makes me feel good and I'm small so it buys me a few more calories to eat each day!
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Carolyn from North Carolina. Thanks for inviting me Brigitte.

I'm 52 and the mother of 3 adult children, the youngest of whom is at home. I am a cardiac nurse turned public health student and am attending UNC-Greensboro to get my BS in PH. I have 3 semesters and an internship to go.

I had lost about 130 lbs, but have gained about 15 back. For this challenge, my goal is to lose the first 7 of the 40 I still need to lose. In addition, I want to consistently drink 8 glasses of water a day and get 8 hours of sleep per night (6 won't do it for me☹). I was walking up to 5 miles per day, but found that I was getting burned out, so I am going to commit to 2-2.5 miles/day 5 days per week.
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have gain a bit over my maintained weight loss over the past few months and am working hard to bring it back around to my normal and plus a few extra.
  • SunshineLisa1968
    SunshineLisa1968 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello all, My name is Lisa and I am from Iowa. I am 48 years old wife and mother of a seventeen-year-old son. I work full-time at a computer, so not very active. I've lost 17.7 pounds since June 2016, but need to get back into it after the holidays. My goals for this challenge are to keep up with my MFP log of food and exercise. I would also like to get back into the routine of working out 3-4 times each week. I would like to loose 10 lbs. Looking forward to getting to know each of you!
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new folks!
  • whiplashy
    whiplashy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :smile: I'm Claire from Ireland and this is my first challenge. Looking forward to it. I previously lost 6 stone using this site but put back up 5 of that through bad health and stopping tracking. My aim for the next 10 weeks is to lose 20lbs. Also to log honestly everyday. I have a habit of having little treats here and there and not logging them :blush:
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Welcome, new members!

Such a cute avatar, Claire. Nice puppies!
  • taniajoh
    Options
    I'm so happy I joined this group, I already feel it helps :)
    janetay01 wrote: »
    This year, it is time to look after me again - my goals for this challenge are:1) Log consistently and stay under calories whenever possible (I'm not perfect, it doesn't always work!)
    I think it's great to acknowledge that we are not perfect and that it's ok not to be!

I've started to read Judith Beck's book : "the beck diet solution" and I would really recommend it: it doesn't tell you what to eat, it helps you identify unhelpful thoughts that make you sabotage your diet, so basically you learn to have the right mindset to reach your goals!

I'm a psychologist and I help my clients identify their unhelpful thoughts and schema everyday, but hadn't even realised I had unhelpful thoughts about my diet... (ie "if I dont do it perfectly, I might as well not do it at all" etc.)
    I feel that reading this book is quite helpful.

Anyway, just wanted to share :blush:

• welshchick666
    welshchick666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone im Lesley from the Uk this is my first challenge over the next 10 week im going to log everyday and walk more my aim is to lose 15lb
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    taniajoh wrote: »
    I've started to read Judith Beck's book : "the beck diet solution" and I would really recommend it: it doesn't tell you what to eat, it helps you identify unhelpful thoughts that make you sabotage your diet, so basically you learn to have the right mindset to reach your goals!

Agreed, very helpful book!
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I took off 65 lbs last winter but than moved back home. Up 20 and struggling not to go any higher. I want to take off 12 lbs. I would do more but I'm really struggling. Now the doctor wants me on less than a 1000 mg of salt a day so there went a bunch of my diet foods. Don't want to unpack my fat clothes to wear again so got to take it off.
  • lilac_bunny
    lilac_bunny Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be in onederland by st patricks day. That's 16lb to loose.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Good luck!