TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Little lol...back up at hospital visiting the brother in law and we've been taking the stairs here most of the time because he is only on the 2nd floor and the elevator is slow sometimes. Anyways, we had already went up and I was halfway back down them running to the cafeteria before it even hit me that I should be counting them for the challenge. So next trip up in need to do some calculating!! :p
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    kimmy5280 wrote: »
    Happy New Year Team 2! I'm recommitting to my health and fitness and I'm game for the challenges this week. @lbenson2006 thank you for keeping up the thread and posting the challenges.

I started the New Year with a day on the slopes. The skiing was terrific.

ybr6dgfs4bk2.jpg

That's a great start! What a beautiful day. Today is weights day for me, but I'll be warming up with some stair-master action. :D
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Walked the stairs this morning since I didn't have time for a full workout. Ended up getting in 900 up and 900 down...wow...hope I can walk the rest of the day. I guess yesterday's stairs were just bonus, but I'm probably not going to tell the husband that one. Lol. Also did 1st day of abs. Tracked yesterday but failed to be below goal. Really going to have to figure out how to get in some extra minutes this week if I want to hit 100%...yikes!! Happy Tuesday, back to work for me!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    On my way out the door for a hike in the hills with my dog. Might get some more stairs in today, might not. Just happy to be hitting the trails again after all the rain we've had lately. B)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I think I finally recovered from being sick, the holidays and catching up with work. I hope things are going well with you guys. On Monday I showed I had a nice loss. Yesterday and today I am back up. I woke up starving and don't know why. I am trying to just drink a bunch of water until breakfast time. If I eat now, I will want to eat all day long.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Mountain biking this afternoon after it warms up a bit! Taking advantage of the weather while it lasts. Still a good chance I'll finish the stairs this week, but it won't be today. I'll wait for the next rain (which is supposed to come tomorrow.)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Welcome back, Jen. Sorry u were feeling under the weather and overwhelmed for so long. I can remember many times where I'd be good and the scale would go up, I'd be bad and the scale would go down. The scale is so fickle, try not to get discouraged with the day to day changes. I do think for me a big part of some of these swings is whether or not I've been drinking the right amount of water. I've also noticed the scale tends to go up without reason right before that time. :'( Glad to have u back at it!
  • Brittanypomales
    Brittanypomales Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Did a few stairs today:
    Stair tally up/down = 210
  • Brittanypomales
    Brittanypomales Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Hi guys. I think I finally recovered from being sick, the holidays and catching up with work. I hope things are going well with you guys. On Monday I showed I had a nice loss. Yesterday and today I am back up. I woke up starving and don't know why. I am trying to just drink a bunch of water until breakfast time. If I eat now, I will want to eat all day long.

Sick is an Awful way to start 2017 but Yay for your recovery!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yeah I am not overly worried about the scale. I am just getting so close to the under 200 pound mark, I can taste it. But then I go and eat crazy all day. I did some baking this week, and now I want to eat it all. On the plus side my daughter made brownies on Friday and there is still a quarter of the pan left. Normally, I eat a pan of brownies within two days of making them. With the exercise I have been doing, I have managed to barely stay under calories.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hi team 2 it's been awhile
    With the holidays and vacation I have been doing pretty good NO GAIN yay have started back seriously on my macro counting
    Really glad this thread is still being used
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Back home from vacation - phone rings - back to work a day early. Gained 2 # past week. Back on track today, been cleaning house all day and working 2-10 tonight then the weekend. Will be ready for Next weeks challenge @lbenson2006 :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Woohoo Jen!! Here's to u hitting 200 before the start of the next Amazing Race challenge!! U can do it!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Great to hear from u Tami! Awesome job staying consistent through the holidays. Good luck getting back on track with the macros. That is something I'll have to start working on one of these days! Lol
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Hope your vacation was awesome Kim!! And a 2 lb gain over vacation is pretty amazing! It's so hard to have control when u are vacationing. I will try to come up with something soon for next week's challenge.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I have some crazy crap going on at work and this is already our craziest time of year normally. I am sure we will be working many more hours this month and we still might get screwed in the end. I'm trying to stay positive and hope for the best but if things don't go as we have planned for our careers I might end up having to decide whether or not staying with my company is the right career move for me or not. I've been here for almost 11 years now and wanted to retire from here so even having to contemplate that I might look for another job scares me to death. So, obviously, I am stressed to the max. It is affecting my motivation this week, but I am going to try to turn that around by Monday at the latest. I am so glad we have this thread still going for the moral support. U guys are awesome. Hope your weekend goes great!!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    I have some crazy crap going on at work and this is already our craziest time of year normally. I am sure we will be working many more hours this month and we still might get screwed in the end. I'm trying to stay positive and hope for the best but if things don't go as we have planned for our careers I might end up having to decide whether or not staying with my company is the right career move for me or not. I've been here for almost 11 years now and wanted to retire from here so even having to contemplate that I might look for another job scares me to death. So, obviously, I am stressed to the max. It is affecting my motivation this week, but I am going to try to turn that around by Monday at the latest. I am so glad we have this thread still going for the moral support. U guys are awesome. Hope your weekend goes great!!

:( Hope everything turns out for the best. Change is scary, but often it ends up being a good thing. :)
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Having a terrible time meeting my protein goals lately, and only mediocre on the exercise, but I'm hanging in there, getting the minimum done and surviving til Spring...

I'm so spoiled. My Southern California winter is what most people would consider spring. There are some clouds in the sky, it's in the low 60's, and it's really green outside - beautiful. I guess I'd better put on an extra layer and get out in it before it's gone and I'm complaining about the heat, LOL. ;)

Off for a hike!

• lbenson2006
    Options
    Thanks Jen (Jenilla)! Have fun on your hike & totally enjoy your weather. It was 1 degree when I got up this morning. Brrrrr!!! Too cold for me!
  • lbenson2006
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sorry getting it in here so late. Crazy weekend! Once again, shoot for 100% of our weekly average minutes. As for the challenge piece, do either the build a booty link 4 of 7 days or try to do as many of the self care items as you can do each day for 4 of 7 days and let us know how it goes, what works and what doesn't.

http://thehappyhurricane.com/home/2016/6/26/15-minutes-to-build-a-booty

www.getmombalanced.com/15-minute-self-care/

For the accountability/nutritional piece, I have two links below. If you do the veggie sandwich link, I'd like you to try a few new or different recipes this week of vegetarian meals or sandwiches. If you do the second link, try incorporating as many of the foods in each day for at least 4 of 7 days. Let us know if you overall feel better when trying to get these foods in.

www.domino.com/best-vegetarian-sandwich-recipes

www.dietsandworkouts.pw/diet/18-best-foods-to-build-a-fit-and-lean-body/