Rock Your Resolution: January 2017 Challenge, Week 1 (1/1-1/7)

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    1/4/17 check in....carbs good, weight good, I met my jogging goal for the week, I did a strength training workout finally, and I actually took my collagen! Woo hoo
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Back here after a long time gone!

CW: 181.5
    GW: 155 by June 1st (hubby and I are going on our very first "No Kid" vacation to the Caribbean!)

Goals for January:
    1. Start logging food again
    2. Macro target - 70/20/10 (Fat/Protein/Carbs)
    3. 10k steps per day

That's enough for January.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Woo hoo, today has been great - found it very easy to stay on track and haven't felt like eating carbs at all - not quite sure what has been different but it definitely feels great and I hope it carries on like this
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    deksgrl wrote: »
    1. Drop 10-15 pounds that I regained this year. Well that is a longer term goal than just January, so next steps are for January to begin to achieve it.
    2. Work on hitting carb goals, for me that is less than 100g with carb sources being mainly veggies and fruits.
    3. Exercise at least 3x per week.
    4. Try to get in resistance/strength training work again though I have been struggling with tennis elbow so may need to keep that more to lower body to allow that to continue to heal.

Checking in. I didn't really buckle down until yesterday, 1/4. I was off work until the 3rd so the holiday weekend continued. Then the first day back to work I didn't have food planned so I raided the vending machine. Anyhoo, that's over. I did well yesterday, but over on carbs because I made ham & bean soup. Not beating myself up because at least the beans and veggies is nutritional vs. vending machine carbage. Did get some exercise. I think I'm over the hump now and will be able to tune this in better over the coming weeks.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    1/4 check in
    Logged-yay
    Jogging-boo
    Fitbit- found it this morning but the battery is dead, grrrrrr.

Went home instead of to the gym last night, snow squall made traffic a bear. No excuses tonight.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    I only slept four hours today and well life is hard when so sleep deprived. I need to lose about seven pounds of water weight before plunging deep on Monday. I'm really hoping all of that increase in ten days is water weight.

Today -- I will make a chart for my supplements. And actually take them.

Log food. I think I'll be fine not eating the carbs but I need to make sure I don't eat too much protein and just stay with more fat.

So made fatheAd at 3am with almond flour and had "grilled cheese" with it. I only ever used almond meal before and it was ok but this was just sooo much better!

Exercise, though with lack of sleep I don't want to get too fatigued which can be counterproductive for low carb.

Sleep earlier!!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    1/5/2017 Checking in. Weigh in tomorrow, I hope, I hope....
    Been doing much better, although calories and carbs are still a bit too high, I'm back to tacking and being more aware of what I'm eating again.

Watched a "my 600 pound life" marathon last night. The Dr. N... suggests Low carb to his patients, so they can lose weight before surgery. Hadn't seen the show before. I found it very interesting. Glad my struggle with food isn't that bad. Wow.
  • RubySugar6336
    RubySugar6336 Posts: 7 Member
    First time posting, long time low-carber.
    My goal for the year is to drop 30 of my 50 pounds-that-shall-not-be-named.
    My goal for January is to get my food choices under control.

P.S. I am also seeking "friends" to converse with, my motivation and stick-to-itiveness has been crap and social interaction helps keep me on track often.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    First time posting, long time low-carber.
    My goal for the year is to drop 30 of my 50 pounds-that-shall-not-be-named.
    My goal for January is to get my food choices under control.

P.S. I am also seeking "friends" to converse with, my motivation and stick-to-itiveness has been crap and social interaction helps keep me on track often.

I always accepting friends. :smile:

Doing the calorie and carb thing on par.
    Did Day6 of HASfit Warrior 90. Except I did 30 min instead of 15 by doing twice the reps for the first 4 rounds (12), 10 reps for the 5th round, and 8 reps for the 6th round. The program seems to be basically a transition from advanced beginner to intermediate. So I've been modifying everything to make it harder. I've got one more day this week and then I'll break for the weekend. My wrists and hands are whining a little. I'm mulling over switching programs over to the Hero 90 on Monday...or just continue to modify the one I'm doing. We'll see.

I didn't weigh today. I got mad at the scale yesterday so I'm not even bothering again until Sat morning. A pox upon thee, scurvy knave! :rage:
  • anglyn1
    1/5/17 check in: carbs good, weight good, jogging goal met for the week, I did a Core de Force MMA workout on Beachbody as my exercise, and I again took my collagen. I have been mixing it with hot tea, cream, and a little stevia and it makes for a nice after dinner treat!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    1. Lose these 6 lbs still hanging on from Christmas feasting. I done gone and ate ALL the carbs. And drank all the alcohol :o . I have stopped pretending it didn't happen, yet will not shame myself for my choices.
    2. I will continue with my immensely successful carnivore lifestyle. The carbage incident taught me my body hates grains, fruits, and fiber. I must log, at least loosely, otherwise I undereat.
    3. Stop playing around with my workouts. I do a calisthenics based program, but I haven't made any progress as I skip days or don't do the whole workout. I have the program, just got to do it. 3x weekly is my goal.

1. Down 1 lb since 1 Jan. <3
    2. Carnivore only. <3
    3. Didn't do all my calisthenics, but maintained my walking schedule. :|
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    @RubySugar6336 feel free to add me
    @slimzandra I've been binging on that show recently too

Logging is going well, still not jogging and haven't bought new battery for fitbit yet (tomorrow).
    45 min on the treadmill last night and no cookies-yay!!
  • baconslave
    elize7 wrote: »
    Another good keto day yesterday. Pounds coming off, energy kicking in. Just the way I like it.
    After a big whoosh...I did notice that my physical energy level fell off for about a day, but my mental energy remained fired up. I suspect a double bouillion dose might have helped with that, but it's over for now.
    Next time I notice the water ferociously releasing...I'm going to try the extra dose proactively to see if it helps with energy.
    Always something new to learn about this woe.

Good idea about the proactive electrolyte dose.
  • baconslave
    Sorry to any guys lurking. But apparently my body decided to have a 24 day cycle this month. :angry: Explains the raft-like bloat.

SW:160
    CW: 161.6
    Good grief! I feel like the Michelin Man. It needs to go.

I finished the first 7 days on Warrior 90. I shall rest today at least. I still haven't decided whether I'll continue it and modify it so it is hard enough, or switch to Hero 90.
    I found my 1lb wrist weights, so I can up my dumbbell weight to 13.5lb.

It snowed about 5 or 6 inches here, and I get to look forward to taking 4 kids out in the snow in a little while. *rolling eyes*
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    In ketosis now. Hoping to drop the remaining post Christmas add on of almost five pounds in the next couple of days. Probably won't get down to exactly what I was before but hopefully as close as possible. Once I get past that and start "losing" again,I'll be happy. Still holding on to the hope of the goal by the end of January. And feeling all things pms today. I try to take in salt throughout so I don't feel lightheaded etc. I wonder how much that affects water retention.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    On plan, scale is moving back in the right direction toward maintenance range.
  • anglyn1
    1/6 and 1/7 check in: calories and weight good. Jogging goal already met. One day of strength training. No workouts these two days. I did take my collagen today. Forgot yesterday. Good week over all.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Hung in there yesterday with miraculous tenacity. So far, so good.
    "Back to Basics" motto for today is...Keep Calm and Keto On.