Plans for the holidays

Options
124»

Replies

• onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Jan 5 the already!!!! Thought I'd catch ya up on my progress a bit...I'm finally getting some sleep..When I first started this129 days ago I would sleep 14 minutes...And went days with no sleep at all...Then an hour here and there...Was so excited when I would get 2 hours straight....Last night I slept 6 hours straight thru....And the night before too...So I'm hoping the insomnia part has finished up....Getting sleep is such a blessing!!!! My anxiety is still driving me crazy..But I'm doing all things possible to ease it....I know some of you are in your first stages of sobriety....I can tell you not every day will be easy to get past he crave!!! But it will eventually stop calling you constantly... Distract yourself anyway you can....Most craves only last about five minutes!!!!!! Take care!!!
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So wonderful to hear. Not getting sleep can cause issues of its own. Happy for you.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    thank you..im trying to drift off now..for whatever reason my meditations are ovela
    ping'/// lol
  • blwelch1
    Options
    I noticed this morning that there is someone else who started a thread about being sober.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    On here or another group??? @bwelch

• blwelch1
    Options
    The thread is called.., (Hi there! Any sober folks on here?) You can put that in the search window and it should come up.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Hmmmm
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I found her..Looks like shes getting some support..I let her know were here..I see we have a couple new members..Please share your story..I would love to help if I can or get support from you...I know its that time of year when we wanna take off the holiday pounds...Drinking sure can pack them on..Some can stay sober while others struggle..Either way were here to help ay way we can..
  • onsickmom
    Options
    @blwelch1 you super sweetheart!!!! Thank you so very much!!!!! I love my package!!!! I feel your loving support!!!! I'm about in tears...?Feels so good!!!!! You have made my day again.I will cherish this gift forever!!!!! Oxox....Gotta add me as a friend ..... I'm on Facebook too... Not slot but I pop in and out..My family lives far far away...So it's my connection to home..I am just so very grateful!!!!!! God bless you my friend....Amen
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Add me!!!!!! I can't...I tried
  • blwelch1
    Options
    Awe. You're welcome. I am glad you liked it. I am in awe of your strength. I will add you
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I went to church today!!!! I have been so inspired by the love and blessings I have received!!! I think it's time I start serving our Lord!!!! And continue and grow and inspire others to a better life....It is a new little church...7 people...BUT THE SPIRIT IS HUGE!!!! I found home!!!!! All I've ever really wanted was to be home....Can't be home in body if I leave my spirit behind...It's the missing link....I'm grateful for this site....Or I wouldn't be wearing socks that say I am blessed!!!!! One day I'm gonna buy a pile of them and hand them out to all in search of a true happy life....I'm still sober...Still struggling this never ending relentless anxiety... Insomnia got me last night...And I truly believe it was the darkness trying to keep me away from the light....Well I got up and headed straight into it !!!! Amen