Are You on the Struggle Bus?

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Dear Amazing Friend,

We often think the beginning is the brave part of the journey....but it is really STAYING on the journey that takes the most bravery of all.

When we let ourselves get stuck in yucky places because we are too tired to move forward, we are just that....stuck in yucky places.

When we head backward we end up feeling the way we felt before....only it is often worse because we have the soul-deep knowledge that we turned back on something we knew we wanted all along.

Remember, remember, remember dear friend .....that just about everything that is worth anything has a little bit (or a lot) of struggle attached to it...and that the struggle builds the goodness and makes for the sweetness....and will never ever let us forget how much we sacrificed for all that is good.

Don't stop now. Don't you dare give up. Keep going......it is gonna be sooo worth it.

You are so very very very loved.
xoxo

Replies

• michellenc27540
    michellenc27540 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that, needed it today!
  • Jamaidian
    Jamaidian Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support. It is great to know there are others that are feeling the exact same way I am.
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Had a slip up over the weekend but back on track now. I have been struggling with excercise due to pain but have tried to up my walking. Hopefully as the weight reduces so will the pain. Then i can up the excercise.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Had a slip up over the weekend but back on track now. I have been struggling with excercise due to pain but have tried to up my walking. Hopefully as the weight reduces so will the pain. Then i can up the excercise.

Keep the exercise at a min. for now. Stay on track with your food and load up on water. When you come down 5 pounds, reintroduce some walking and see how the pain is. If still too much, hold back and wait for the next 5 pounds. There is no need pushing your body into pain, that can backfire on you. Keep us posted.

• Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Keep the exercise at a min. for now. Stay on track with your food and load up on water. When you come down 5 pounds, reintroduce some walking and see how the pain is. If still too much, hold back and wait for the next 5 pounds. There is no need pushing your body into pain, that can backfire on you. Keep us posted.

I apologise its taken so long to reply. I'm struggling to access the site.

Thank you for the reply kayjosh. I have been trying to drink more water and do more walking. I really want to start the local boot camp zoo, but I think it will do more harm than good at the moment.
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    @Parsniphead definitely what kayjosh said. I'm a walker and last fall what I thought was just my knee ended up being a cornucopia of other issues from my hip down that triggered it. Stretching and yoga is good right now to help build flexibility. My knee still isn't 100%, and I'm starting back on the treadmill for low impact (plus the weather here is always dismal in the winter). I'm hoping to be back at it full force by summer. Take your time so it doesn't end up worse.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    I second the yoga, when I injured my back it really helped. Here is a link to a girl on youtube that is excellent. https://youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
  • wow_suzibear1
    wow_suzibear1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well after 3 months of life changing decisions and the loss of 30lbs, i have finally derailed.. ive lost control and i have that "theres always tomorrow" idea in my head.. Im trying not to be too hard on myself but i need a kick in the pants to get re motivated.. Todays Monday 1-16-2017.. day 1 redo :)
  • lisag1288
    lisag1288 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Had takeout food and beer last night and it showed up as a whopping three pound gain today on the scale! I guess the food had a lot of sodium. I will be logging more carefully this week.
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Winter months in PA are generally my biggest struggle. I'm an outside person but hate the cold and the shorter hours of the day which makes me "hibernate". With that, I deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder. So far this year it's kept at bay with D supplements and exercise on the treadmill. My other downfall is the winter comfort foods. I love to bake and make the carb meals and been keeping those to a minimum so far. It's a struggle, but keep plugging until the warmer months arrive.