1 crappy, 2 happy

Options
What a title for a discussion post, right?

Post 2 things that made you "happy" this week. This could be weight lost this week, not giving into eating a certain junk food, pants fitting better, a good workout, etc.

Post 1 crappy! an... oops i had a few too many treats, i skipped a day of working out when I should have, etc... but add on to it and make it a positive.... ex: "I definitely went over my calories today, but tomorrow is a new day and here is the plann....etc."

happy #1: I gained weight over the holidays...just a small hiccup in the journey of life... but I have officially lost them :) about 4-5lb. so I'm glad!

happy#2: After two weeks off from all workouts due to a yucky virus, I finally get to work out tonight! Feeling much better.

Crappy: I guess the fact that I did gain the few pounds over the holidays, but as seen above, it's been resolved! It's wrong to expect perfection. Because when you ultimately fail being perfect, which we all do, it hits you twice as hard! You feel like an extra big failure. When really, we're all human. I've learned the most important thing is to keep moving forward. Never lose sight of the goal.

Replies

• quartknee11
    quartknee11 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Happy 1 - the weight I saw on the scale before getting into MFP was 200 pounds - turns out that was mostly water weight because now I'm 194

Happy 2 - I've started 16:8 intermittent fasting and it has really helped me to keep my calories within my goal and not feel like I'm starving myself all fricken day.

Crappy - I had chocolate today and a brownie the other night but I burned off the brownie at the gym and the chocolate didn't make me go over my calorie budget :)
  • maryann70mfp
    maryann70mfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Was happy becsuse I was doing good but ruined it all last night with crap so now I feel crap and ready to give up
  • AceWisdom
    AceWisdom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dont give up maryann :smile: you have only failed when you stop trying. We all get our bad days from time to time. We just draw a line under it and next day we continue on our journey
  • MrPow377
    MrPow377 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happy 1: Lost 3lb
    Happy 2: Re-arranged the living room since my ex left.

Crappy: Arguing with the Ex around buying her out of the house.

Oh and one more happy just because I'm proud.

Happy 3: Overcoming (Temporarily) my anxiety and arranging an appointment with a solicitor and going to the meetings on my own.

• PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Happy 1 - the weight I saw on the scale before getting into MFP was 200 pounds - turns out that was mostly water weight because now I'm 194

Happy 2 - I've started 16:8 intermittent fasting and it has really helped me to keep my calories within my goal and not feel like I'm starving myself all fricken day.

Crappy - I had chocolate today and a brownie the other night but I burned off the brownie at the gym and the chocolate didn't make me go over my calorie budget :)

Sounds like a win-win to me :D Good Job.
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Was happy becsuse I was doing good but ruined it all last night with crap so now I feel crap and ready to give up

"If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up"

When we give up, we are only giving up on ourselves, ya know? It's way easier said than done, but I know you ARE worth it. Please choose to see that in yourself. Just because we make a mistake doesn't mean we give up :) it's all part of the journey. Remember no one is perfect.
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    MrPow377 wrote: »
    Happy 1: Lost 3lb
    Happy 2: Re-arranged the living room since my ex left.

Crappy: Arguing with the Ex around buying her out of the house.

Oh and one more happy just because I'm proud.

Happy 3: Overcoming (Temporarily) my anxiety and arranging an appointment with a solicitor and going to the meetings on my own.

Great :) Anxiety is a tough thing to deal with. I struggle with it too. Way to be brave and congratulations on the weight loss.
  • katyotta
    katyotta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy Crappy Sandwich.

Happy Top: I got a new Garmin (after losing my fitbit this summer), and I joined MFP to start tracking. I am thrilled with the news feed and status updates on this site. But I'm a huge fan of message boards so I'm glad this group is here.

Crappy: I thawed a pack of chicken breast Tuesday and didn't cook it. Hmmm... I guess this week hasn't been so bad after all. And hopefully this won't happen again soon because...

Happy Bottom: TGIF. I'm off next week. Going to meal plan, clean the closets (literally) and finish up studying for a career-related certificate.
  • Khloris
    Khloris Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Happy 1- I have lost 2 pounds since I started on December 30th. :)

Crappy - I had a cheat day 3 days after starting. I was really disappointed in myself for not lasting longer, but it was January 1st and my husband took me out for dinner, brought me a birthday cheesecake (my favorite dessert) and wine. I am cutting myself some slack on it though, because it was my birthday, not just a random mistake.

Happy 2- I made it through the next week without any mistakes and today is my daughter's 4th birthday, so I am allowing myself another cheat day. But one a week doesn't sound so bad. I am still going to work out today, and I will get back on track first thing tomorrow.
  • Khloris
    edited January 2017
    Options

I have been here before. I know what it feels like to expect more of yourself and then not be able to meet your own expectations. Please don't give up. You will regret it later when you realize you want to lose weight again and you think about how far you could be if you hadn't given up. I don't want that for you.

"Giving up on your goal because of one setback, is like slashing your other 3 tires because you got one flat."
  • maryann70mfp
    maryann70mfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Doing much better today feel much better
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Doing much better today feel much better

I'm so happy to hear this!
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Khloris wrote: »
    Happy 1- I have lost 2 pounds since I started on December 30th. :)

Crappy - I had a cheat day 3 days after starting. I was really disappointed in myself for not lasting longer, but it was January 1st and my husband took me out for dinner, brought me a birthday cheesecake (my favorite dessert) and wine. I am cutting myself some slack on it though, because it was my birthday, not just a random mistake.

Happy 2- I made it through the next week without any mistakes and today is my daughter's 4th birthday, so I am allowing myself another cheat day. But one a week doesn't sound so bad. I am still going to work out today, and I will get back on track first thing tomorrow.

Great! And, it's perfectly okay. The occasional treat keeps us sane. (: and they were for enjoyable reasons, you're still on track and doing well. Happy birthday to you both :D
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    katyotta wrote: »
    Happy Crappy Sandwich.

Happy Top: I got a new Garmin (after losing my fitbit this summer), and I joined MFP to start tracking. I am thrilled with the news feed and status updates on this site. But I'm a huge fan of message boards so I'm glad this group is here.

Crappy: I thawed a pack of chicken breast Tuesday and didn't cook it. Hmmm... I guess this week hasn't been so bad after all. And hopefully this won't happen again soon because...

Happy Bottom: TGIF. I'm off next week. Going to meal plan, clean the closets (literally) and finish up studying for a career-related certificate.

Hey! do you like the garmin or fitbit better? I have an old fitbit but I think I want to buy a new one to be extra fancy (; or "some calorie burning tracker" haha
  • Khloris
    Options
    Happy Crappy Sandwich.

Hey! do you like the garmin or fitbit better? I have an old fitbit but I think I want to buy a new one to be extra fancy (; or "some calorie burning tracker" haha

I am interested in which you like better, as well. I had a fitbit for about a year before it broke, and I am thinking of getting a Garmin instead of replacing my fitbit. I don't like how quickly it literally fell apart. I had the Charge Hr. My husband bought one too and it never worked properly and after about a month stopped working altogether. Replacing it with the warranty was the hugest hassle ever and with all the run around, we never got him a new one. Garmin seems like a really good product though, and the app looks so nice. I'd love a first hand opinion.
  • vickpreston
    vickpreston Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Happy #1 - I've smashed my exercise this week! I've walked 26k, cycled 34k, swam 1.6k, alongside other gym stuff, weights etc (I've been on annual leave!)

Happy #2 - My friend has joined the same health club so we've been great motivation for each other - Hopefully this will continue!

Crappy - I focus too much on the numbers in the scale and get disheartened when they don't move in the direction I want them too. On top of that I weigh myself daily so this often impacts my mood for the day. On the plus side, I'm recognising this more and hope to look closer at how I feel physically and how my clothes fit rather than focusing just on the scale.
  • katyotta
    katyotta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy Crappy Sandwich.

Happy Top: I got a new Garmin (after losing my fitbit this summer)...

I had a simple fitbit and I like my new Garmin better because it has more features than my fitbit did. I got the Garmin HR vivosmart. My Garmin has a heart rate monitor and measures stairs climbed, which my old fitbit didn't. It has a small touch screen and is like a mini-smart watch integrated with my smartphone (texts, email, weather, etc). If you are interested in having more features, the new devices are great and there are a lot of options either with Garmin or fitbit. I heard the Garmins are better from friends and family who did research and were pleased with their purchases.
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Happy #1 - I've smashed my exercise this week! I've walked 26k, cycled 34k, swam 1.6k, alongside other gym stuff, weights etc (I've been on annual leave!)

Happy #2 - My friend has joined the same health club so we've been great motivation for each other - Hopefully this will continue!

Crappy - I focus too much on the numbers in the scale and get disheartened when they don't move in the direction I want them too. On top of that I weigh myself daily so this often impacts my mood for the day. On the plus side, I'm recognising this more and hope to look closer at how I feel physically and how my clothes fit rather than focusing just on the scale.

It's so awesome to have a friend to workout with! And, Take before and after pictures! remember when you are building muscle sometimes our weights will stay the same but our bodies are changing shape & our clothes will fit different. Have you ever looked at fat % instead or in addition to measuring your weight? :)
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Happy: I lost weight and stuck to my goals this week!
    Happy: sticking to my goals resulted in not feeling nauseous and less headaches.
    Crappy: I feel like a brat, but I'm used to my first week back resulting in more water weight loss. The little amount I lost (which wasn't so little) means I actually did gain 5lbs over the holidays. Lame! Can't believe I let it get so out of hand before deciding to make a change.

BUT I'm working on it now and that's all that matters! Onward!
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Happy: I lost weight and stuck to my goals this week!
    Happy: sticking to my goals resulted in not feeling nauseous and less headaches.
    Crappy: I feel like a brat, but I'm used to my first week back resulting in more water weight loss. The little amount I lost (which wasn't so little) means I actually did gain 5lbs over the holidays. Lame! Can't believe I let it get so out of hand before deciding to make a change.

BUT I'm working on it now and that's all that matters! Onward!

yes ! onward. haha :) i did the same exact thing. lost 5lb before the holidays, gained them back, hope to lose part of them this week!