20 Weeks of Strength Building - Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Options

Replies

• DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Amy, I'm with everyone else -- Just listen to your body and you will be back with us very soon.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @amyinthetardis1231 I hope you feel better!

Feeling good today after my light first workout yesterday, and plan to workout again today. Stretching will be in there too!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    SL5x5 today
    Warmup +
    Squats 110
    Overhead press 45 (this is the hardest thing for me)
    Deadlift 140
    Followed by a 500 cal burn with HIIT and dancing
    Yesterday 2 mile run and dance
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Squeezed in an SL workout today (not sure if kosher) couldn't help it. Inspired by @amyinthetardis1231. Working "rest" day Tomm.

*officially love weightlifting*

Squats: 30 (stuck with this weight- 40 is really pushing it and don't have an inbetween weight)
    BP: 20 all!
    Row: 25 (lack 30s :().

+a 1 round of a Charlie mike day.

Hit protein goals to date too!

Happy lifting ya'll!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-15 X5X 30

Boy, was I ever sore the last few days! I could really feel the muscle burn in my abdominals! I am so glad to get back into my normal routine after my injury. I am increasing the weight on my Stronglifts at regular intervals now but that will stop as soon as I hit my High Point from prior injury. Then I will go up pound by pound. I am doing the kettle bell with my hubby and he is new to this so we are going off my normal program and increasing the swings one at a time until he can handle more :*

Mary
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind thoughts. Looks like I'm down for the count, though. Just got back from the doctor and I have a nasty viral infection complete with bronchitis, laryngitis, and pinkeye. It usually runs 3-4 weeks but he gave me a steroid pack that should cut that in half. I'm sure I'll need a deload when I go back in, hopefully some time next week. In the meantime, lift on ladies! See you when I'm not a germ-infested mess.
  • rachel5576
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Amy. Hope you recovery quickly! Keep your head up!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    Thanks Rachel. First day on steroids and I do actually feel a little better. Hopefully next week brings a new me who is back in the gym, even on a deload :)
  • DDHFree
    Options
    You ladies are super inspiring? This is exactly what I had in mind.

As for me, I started feeling a little light headed last night and awoke with such a nasty bug that I simply can't do anything-- just too weak. So in your camp for a moment Amy. I'm not ready to accept defeat for my final workout this week. It may be crazy thinking but I still planning to do workout 3 before the week ends. After reading post from all of you -- including you Amy - I want to do my workout. Keep it going ladies.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Amy I am so sorry to hear that, that sounds AWFUL! Feel better soon!
    Last night I did a 10 minute walk warm up, followed by SL
    Sq: 50
    OHP: 45
    DL:75

My right leg is my troublesome one, and after lifting my hip felt really tight, and Ive also had some leg pain again over the last few days (but I think I overdid it in another way recently.) Did some stretching and am going to baby it a bit. Anyone have suggestions on tight hips with squats? Ive come too far to let this come back and I really don't want to stop squatting, I just started again, damnit!

I am also feeling a little icky today but I have a neighborhood game night today (that I started) and a work party tomorrow. So I am drinking tea and taking it easy.

On a positive note, I have been following my eating plan spot on, and mostly only eating when hungry. Im not letting the scale get to me (up 1# this morning.)

@ddhfree glad to hear this is what you were looking for :) Thanks for starting the group!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squat-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 70
    OHP- 1 X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 90/100/110

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-15 X7X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th
    Fitness Challenge
    Push-ups-3X 10
    Sit ups-3X 10
    Leg lifts-3X 10

I hate the overhead press! It makes me feel so weak!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    You ladies are super inspiring? This is exactly what I had in mind.

As for me, I started feeling a little light headed last night and awoke with such a nasty bug that I simply can't do anything-- just too weak. So in your camp for a moment Amy. I'm not ready to accept defeat for my final workout this week. It may be crazy thinking but I still planning to do workout 3 before the week ends. After reading post from all of you -- including you Amy - I want to do my workout. Keep it going ladies.

Oh no, I hope you don't have what I have! Feel better soon, and listen to your body. I felt good enough to hit the gym on Tuesday but definitely not since. Don't be afraid to lighten your workout if you need. FWIW, if I'd been lightheaded I would not have gotten under the bar ad a safety precaution. Good lifting, ladies! Cheering you on from the bench.
  • rachel5576
    Options
    I have to admit after day one of working out and eating on plan I had a sinking feeling wondering how I was going to keep it up. I turned to Pinterest for motivation and decided to take it one day at a time. That has made it so much easier!
    Day 6 workout
    SL5x5 today
    Warm ups followed by
    Squat 5x5 110 ( should have been 115 but I did 4 miles of hill yesterday)
    Bench 5x5 70
    Bent over row 75
    Did some ladder drills and general aerobics for 500 cals

Week one almost done! Woohoo!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3x5x30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 16x7x30

40lbs loss by May 27
    Fitness Test
    Push-ups- 3x10
    Sit-ups- 3x10
    Jumping jacks- 3x10

I hate it when I eat on plan and I gain weight! Sometimes the human body breaks all the rules!

• DDHFree
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. I awoke this morning feeling much better than yesterday although not 100% yet. So I took that opportunity and got my final workout in. I didn't feel great doing it but at least I got it done.

Fanncy, I see you are aiming for 40 lbs loss. It would be great to see that type of result at the end of our 20 weeks. Remember that sometimes you still have fat loss when the scale shows a gain. Especially when you know you did everything right.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week 1 / Workout 3

Squat
    Set 1: 53 lb × 6
    Set 2: 53 lb × 6
    Set 3: 53 lb × 6
    Set 4: 53 lb × 6

Bench Press
    Set 1: 33 lb × 6
    Set 2: 43 lb × 6
    Set 3: 53 lb × 6
    Set 4: 53 lb × 6

Lat Pulldown
    Set 1: 25 lb × 6
    Set 2: 50 lb × 6
    Set 3: 50 lb × 6
    Set 4: 50 lb × 6

So glad I was able to do all 3 of my workouts for the first week. Yes!!!!! one week down and 19 to go. Let's show week 2 what we are capable of.

By the way, my very embarrassing starting weight is 146 lbs. I could not bring myself to share it initially but might as well put it out there. I am only 5' 2" so it really shows on me.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- I'm glad you're feeling better. Great job getting your workouts in. I'm at an embarrassing 155. Up over 15lbs since my injury. I'm 5'5 and am in the 40lbs lose challenge but that's the max that they think is healthy to lose by that time. 1.9 lbs per week. I am aiming for 20 by then. Everyone has their own goal. I know I will lose my weight it's just frustrating seeing the scale go up when I'm restricting what I eat! I really want a donut! Prior to my injury I was maintaining and able to eat whatever I wanted because I was able to exercise it off! That's why I joined your group. I know that you are committed to exercising and I need to be a part of a group that is working hard to get stronger and fitter! Thanks for starting this group!
  • rachel5576
    Options
    Don't feel bad DD. I'm barely 5'3 and somehow let myself get to 140 this year and have been hovering right around there. My comfortable weight is around 110 so you can imagine how I feel. Plus I tend to carry my weight in my abdomen. I'm not going to worry about it but do everything I can to turn things around. We can do this one day at a time!
    Let's not beat ourselves up for past mistakes but be proud of ourselves each step of the way! (not saying any one is beating themselves up but I have a tendency to do that myself).

Hope everyone is back to good health soon. Enjoy the weekend!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    DDHFree, don't be embarassed! I'm only 5'4" and I'm starting this year 30+ lb heaver than you--and that's after losing 25 lb in 2016. I'm a long way from my goal size but closer now that I was this time last year. If doing SL gets me to a size I like by the time I hit your starting weight, I'll take it! Glad you're feeling better, btw. I've gotta hit the bottom soon and start the turnaround, right? I literally can't remember being this sick before, it's ridiculous. Closest in comparison is the Great Stomach Flu of Christmas 2009...shudder! Come on steroids, do your thing.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    We have just gotten started and you ladies already rock! I already love this group and I will be here with each of you -- staying true to our commitment to the very end. Then we will make some new goals.

Fanncy, yes I remember you being able to eat what ever you wanted and still lose weight. You inspired me so much last year. The great thing is that you WILL be able to do it again very soon.

Rachael, I could not agree with you more. We are definitely going to do it one-day-at-a-time.

Amy, I am pulling for you. I can see your FIRE even while you are sick girl. So things have to turn around so you can burn that amazing fire in the gym. So get well and we are all going to do it together.

Team Finish_No_Matter_What.