Tell Me About Yourself!

Options
Please share a little about yourself!
Include your goals (both weight-related and non-weight related), why you chose MFP/have you used MFP in the past, and favorite work outs, apps, or programs that you use. Feel free to add as much info as you like :)

Replies

• quartknee11
    quartknee11 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 194 pounds. My goal is to lose around 50-60 pounds. I want to feel confident about my body and be able to wear anything I want from any store without having to order online because stores are too good to carry plus sizes. *eye roll*

I've been doing this journey off and on for years and I always used an app called MyPlate and just stuck with it because that was what I was familiar with. This time I chose to try out MFP just for a change and I'm really pleased with it because I don't even think MyPlate had things like groups like this or challenges and also people there weren't as supportive. In fact, if you were choosing a weight loss path they weren't a fan of THEY were extremely condescending and know it alls.

Last time I started this journey I did cardio as well as lifting. I'm not comfortable in the gym anymore so now I'm just sticking with cardio for a while until I get my confidence back up. In the past I did C25K but I find that I just can't stay running on a treadmill for that long so now I do HIIT on the treadmill and really enjoy it so far. I just set a goal to burn more calories than the visit before and to run faster than the visit before so that I'm always pushing myself and not bored. I also want to start doing circuit training but the gym is always packed so, again, I want to get my confidence up vefore I start that.

I ate healthy for half of Monday and then I stayed under my calorie goal (1560) Tuesday and Wednesday and plan to continue doing so. I plan to have a cheat meal (not day) once a week, so I will have that either this coming Tuesday or Wednesday :)
  • maryann70mfp
    maryann70mfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im.46 4ft 10 weigh 12 stone have three stone to loose im.a mum.to three kids also suffer from.binge eating disorder so makes it hard to loose weight
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    My name is Arianna :)
    I have used MFP on and off for a few years! The first time I used MFP was in high school.... I lost about 30lb..but I got very obsessed with "1200 calories" to the point where I wasn't eating enough calories or even healthy foods. I did a lot of cardio and got thin but not healthy!Now, i'm 5'8 and 185lb or so. I want to weigh about 140lb but I am more concerned with 18% body fat as my goal. I am working with a personal trainer right now at LA fitness. I only train about 30min-1hr every week with him, so I have a lot of time that I need to get my butt moving at home or at the gym. 18% body fat was a goal given to me by one of the trainers at the gym, because I want to be a firefighter/paramedic...I have to have more muscle to me and a lot less fat. My current body fat % is about 32%.

I am doing a DietBet right now. There is website and app for it. Not sure if you ever heard about it. It's pretty fun! I also will be starting the BrittneBabe 21 Day Challenge. If anyone wants to join me, let me know (;

I need to make more time for myself to be active, as well as meal planning. Basically I need to set aside the time to focus on my health. I have struggled with binge eating and emotional eating for a couple years. I will be okay for a few weeks, then i mismanage my stress, and bam eating festival in the kitchen...except for feeling super terrible afterwards! I know a lot of women deal with this, and I want to end it once and for all. I feel like by supporting others and sharing moments like this :) ...it helps a lot to realize you aren't alone. I know with weight loss sometimes it feels like that way because it's an individual problem you're dealing with..but so many people have the same struggles as you, etc.

I think first, we have to choose to love ourselves and from there on out just choose health. Health because we love ourselves! I want to make this group helpful and fun. If you guys have any suggestions on topics, etc, let me know!!

xo
  • LettyEds
    LettyEds Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello, I'm 20 years old and I've decided to make a change. I am 5'8 and currently 143.4lbs: starting at a weight of 163lbs.

I am recovering from an eating disorder and I don't want to deal with it any more. Overeating and under eating a never ending cycle. I feel sick all the time and am truly tired. So I'm putting on my big girl shoes to make a change. Hopefully we can encourage one another that we can do our best to achieve the goals best for our health. I will be here to listen to anyone that is feeling alone.

I choose MFP on a whim. I needed a nice tracker, and this was the best I've found.
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Hello, I'm Kat 20 years old and I've decided to make a change. I am 5'8 and currently 143.4lbs: starting at a weight of 163lbs.

I am recovering from an eating disorder and I don't want to deal with it any more. Overeating and under eating a never ending cycle. I feel sick all the time and am truly tired. So I'm putting on my big girl shoes to make a change. Hopefully we can encourage one another that we can do our best to achieve the goals best for our health. I will be here to listen to anyone that is feeling alone.

I choose MFP on a whim. I needed a nice tracker, and this was the best I've found.

I can definitely relate. I've had a lot of ups and downs with my weight. Eating disorders suck. And whether or not most people realize it, that's why many of us are here on MFP. I used to think weight loss or health was an external thing, but it's definitely internal. It's deciding that you're worth it - whether it be the need to gain or loss weight, even maintain.
  • Carebear199125
    Carebear199125 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Carol. 25. I'm 5'3. When I moved to Pa in 2012 I was 240 (my heaviest), with Diet and exercise) I was able to lose 20lbs. Unfortunately been stuck there ever since. I have a big problem with starting something new and then dropping it within a week. My New Years resolution be under 200 and almost at 180 by my birthday. My goal is to be at 140. I had an addiction to Diet Pepsi and I'm proud to say it's been Almost 2wks since my last drink. My biggest issue is late night craving, salty/crunchy/sweets/pastries. I'm excited to get my a** into gear and get this weight off.
  • teachmama79
    teachmama79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Teri. I'm 37, wife to an amazing man, mom of 2 awesome kiddos, and a teacher. I've lost 76 pounds in the last 15 years. It's been up and down over the years, but currently 75 pounds down from my highest non pregnancy weight. I have 15 more to go to goal.

I've done eight watchers, South beach, low carb, etc. I've also done MFP over the years. Im choosing MFP now because I want to learn how to make a lifestyle change. Something Ill be able to do the rest of my life. Low carbs.... not so much. It does work though! I just end up binging and gaining all the weight I lost back.

Currently my favorite workouts are Les Mills BodyCombat and BodyPump. I am doing the Les Mills on demand because I can't get to the gym with having two kiddos and full time job. It's easier for me to workout at home. I'm loving the workouts!

My husband and I are in our first DietBet. It ends in Jan. 29th. We are both very motivated. For health of course but also to get our money back, lol!!

I'm excited to be part of this group. Good luck to us all!
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Hello, I'm Carol. 25. I'm 5'3. When I moved to Pa in 2012 I was 240 (my heaviest), with Diet and exercise) I was able to lose 20lbs. Unfortunately been stuck there ever since. I have a big problem with starting something new and then dropping it within a week. My New Years resolution be under 200 and almost at 180 by my birthday. My goal is to be at 140. I had an addiction to Diet Pepsi and I'm proud to say it's been Almost 2wks since my last drink. My biggest issue is late night craving, salty/crunchy/sweets/pastries. I'm excited to get my a** into gear and get this weight off.

That's a great goal! When is your birthday? :)
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Teri. I'm 37, wife to an amazing man, mom of 2 awesome kiddos, and a teacher. I've lost 76 pounds in the last 15 years. It's been up and down over the years, but currently 75 pounds down from my highest non pregnancy weight. I have 15 more to go to goal.

I've done eight watchers, South beach, low carb, etc. I've also done MFP over the years. Im choosing MFP now because I want to learn how to make a lifestyle change. Something Ill be able to do the rest of my life. Low carbs.... not so much. It does work though! I just end up binging and gaining all the weight I lost back.

Currently my favorite workouts are Les Mills BodyCombat and BodyPump. I am doing the Les Mills on demand because I can't get to the gym with having two kiddos and full time job. It's easier for me to workout at home. I'm loving the workouts!

My husband and I are in our first DietBet. It ends in Jan. 29th. We are both very motivated. For health of course but also to get our money back, lol!!

I'm excited to be part of this group. Good luck to us all!

I saw commercials for the Bodypump! You like it?? I may look into it. I used to do a class like this at the gym. it was super hard but definitely a good workout.
  • MrPow377
    MrPow377 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm Josh, 27 from Kent, UK.

My partner left me for the second time and for good on Boxing Day after 4 years after meeting a random bloke in a club...

Throughout the relationship my weight yo-yo'd as she wasn't supportive of healthy eating (she had a manual job I have a desk job).

I'm using this experience to lose weight, regain my confidence but also improve my overall health and lifestyle.

I started at 174lb, when she left the first time the shock kicked in as it was totally unexpected, and I unhealthily lost 10lb. My first goal is 149lb which is the top of the 'healthy' band for my height. Then I will reassess and get to nearer the middle of the band.

As of today (6/1/17) I weigh 157.8lb. so not long to go. When she left the first time I gave up alcohol, as i suffer from depression I did not want anything to exacerbate the situation.

I've signed up to dry January so I don't have any alcohol for the whole of January and aim to get into the healthy weight band before I do have any alcohol.

Look forward to getting to know you all and getting this weight off :)
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wanted to find a group of people to chat with on yet another weight loss journey. I've tried lots of things and have always found MFP to be the best tool for maintainable change. I am 30, have two little girls (3 & 5),own a little coffee bar, and am married to a wonderful and skinny man who can eat whatever he wants without gaining. I stepped on the scale after New Years and had gone over 200lbs
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    MrPow377 wrote: »
    Hey,

My partner left me for the second time and for good on Boxing Day after 4 years after meeting a random bloke in a club...

Throughout the relationship my weight yo-yo'd as she wasn't supportive of healthy eating (she had a manual job I have a desk job).

I'm using this experience to lose weight, regain my confidence but also improve my overall health and lifestyle.

I started at 174lb, when she left the first time the shock kicked in as it was totally unexpected, and I unhealthily lost 10lb. My first goal is 149lb which is the top of the 'healthy' band for my height. Then I will reassess and get to nearer the middle of the band.

As of today (6/1/17) I weigh 157.8lb. so not long to go. When she left the first time I gave up alcohol, as i suffer from depression I did not want anything to exacerbate the situation.

I've signed up to dry January so I don't have any alcohol for the whole of January and aim to get into the healthy weight band before I do have any alcohol.

Wow. I'm sorry this happened to you, but it's so great you've made choices to better yourself despite it all. It sounds like you have really good self-discipline and know yourself well! Good luck - I can tell you will definitely reach your goal.
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Hi everyone! I wanted to find a group of people to chat with on yet another weight loss journey. I've tried lots of things and have always found MFP to be the best tool for maintainable change. I am 30, have two little girls (3 & 5),own a little coffee bar, and am married to a wonderful and skinny man who can eat whatever he wants without gaining. I stepped on the scale after New Years and had gone over 200lbs

Hello! (: That's so fun ! You own your own coffee bar. & While I'm not married, my boyfriend of almost 2 years is also skinny- eaters whenever and whatever and basically all the time. I wishhh!
  • quartknee11
    quartknee11 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    MrPow377 wrote: »
    Hey,

Wow I'm really sorry about your bad experience!! Good luck to you with your weight loss and I know one day you'll find a great faithful girl who will enjoy eating healthy alongside you :)
  • Khloris
    Khloris Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My name is Chelsea. I have used MFP off and on since my second child was born 4 years ago today. I found myself 60lbs heavier than before the first time I got pregnant and I have tried to lose it for years. I always seem to quit though. :/ I don't want to quit anymore. I am 5' 4" and currently 184 (down 2 lbs this week). I am aiming for 120-135. I have plenty of time to workout and even have my own weight bench and such, so I have NO excuses. Food is where I think I will struggle the most. I have a serious sweet tooth and feel completely out of control sometimes. Plus, with 2 kids and a husband..it can be hard to find healthy meals every one will eat.

If any of you are looking for a good way to get cardio in at home, I recommend Jessica Smith TV on YouTube. She has various workouts of different lengths, intensities, and some dance ones for days you really just don't feel like working out. I have an elliptical I never use because she is just so much more fun.

Anyways, good luck to everyone! :)
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Khloris wrote: »
    My name is Chelsea. I have used MFP off and on since my second child was born 4 years ago today. I found myself 60lbs heavier than before the first time I got pregnant and I have tried to lose it for years. I always seem to quit though. :/ I don't want to quit anymore. I am 5' 4" and currently 184 (down 2 lbs this week). I am aiming for 120-135. I have plenty of time to workout and even have my own weight bench and such, so I have NO excuses. Food is where I think I will struggle the most. I have a serious sweet tooth and feel completely out of control sometimes. Plus, with 2 kids and a husband..it can be hard to find healthy meals every one will eat.

If any of you are looking for a good way to get cardio in at home, I recommend Jessica Smith TV on YouTube. She has various workouts of different lengths, intensities, and some dance ones for days you really just don't feel like working out. I have an elliptical I never use because she is just so much more fun.

Anyways, good luck to everyone! :)

awesome! thanks for recommending the youtube channel. I'll have to check it out. I can totally share some healthy sweet tooth recipes with you. I also have a huge sweet tooth. :D I feel like the more I get myself to exercise, the less likely I am to eat bad because I know how hard I just worked/sweat,etc. :) I think it will all fall into place. The first week is usually the hardest until you get your plan down...workout these days...grocery shop this day..etc.
  • kaylarenee2889
    kaylarenee2889 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone. My name is Kayla. I am 5'8" and 27 years old. I have always been a little on the larger side, but not overweight.. until after I graduated college. My weight has gradually increased over the past few years but I had never really done too much about it. However, it was not until my sister's wedding pictures came back last month and I saw myself in all them, I realized how much weight I had actually gained. I stepped on the scale January 1st and it read 200.8 pounds. I was devastated as this is the most that I have ever weighed and I realized that something most definitely has to be done about it. I have used MFP in the past but never really stuck with it. I spoke with my husband about changing our diet together because I know I need support. I am a first year high school teacher and I have not yet figured out how to balance life and work and I don't have a gym membership so I think I want to start by working out at home. I would like to eventually get down to 140 pounds. I would love any recipe or work out suggestions as I start this journey and definitely need support from others so lets do this! :)
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    Hey, everyone. My name is Kayla. I am 5'8" and 27 years old. I have always been a little on the larger side, but not overweight.. until after I graduated college. My weight has gradually increased over the past few years but I had never really done too much about it. However, it was not until my sister's wedding pictures came back last month and I saw myself in all them, I realized how much weight I had actually gained. I stepped on the scale January 1st and it read 200.8 pounds. I was devastated as this is the most that I have ever weighed and I realized that something most definitely has to be done about it. I have used MFP in the past but never really stuck with it. I spoke with my husband about changing our diet together because I know I need support. I am a first year high school teacher and I have not yet figured out how to balance life and work and I don't have a gym membership so I think I want to start by working out at home. I would like to eventually get down to 140 pounds. I would love any recipe or work out suggestions as I start this journey and definitely need support from others so lets do this! :)

Hey, Kayla! I will totally message you with some home workout ideas. :D We have a recipe discussion on here too. Do you have a pinterest account? i love to use it and find new, healthy recipes.
  • amandapleighse2
    amandapleighse2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm Amanda, 5'8 167 pounds. I just had a son, and during the process I gained a lot of weight. I want to get rid of it (and then some) Right now what I realy want is to be able to at least complete the insanity workout!
  • chealseyb
    chealseyb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 34 year old mommy of 2. In 2014 I was diagnosed with supra ventricular tachardia and preventricular contractions. Because of this I was put on a beta blocker. The medication caused me to gain 40 pounds that I need to get rid of. I'm now on a calcium channel blocker that may help me to lose the weight that I gained on the other meds. So far I've only been able to maintain my weight not lose anything.
    Looking for lots of support and motivation because the scale doesn't move quickly for me. I used MFP after both my kids and had lots of success.