Deb-- OMAD 01-01-2017 to present

Options
DebSozo
DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
Fresh start for 2017.

Goal-- lose 10 pounds by the end of April 2017.

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You can do that! Are you close to your goal weight?
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You are sooooooo close. I'm jealous! Good luck, you can do it!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    You can do that! Are you close to your goal weight?

I would be thrilled and feel great 10 pounds slimmer than I am now. Once I get to that goal I always can reassess to see if I want to drop any more. But I would be happy to get 5 pound under goal so I have some fluctuation room.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Sounds like your real close! Very cool!
  • DebSozo
    Options

It is extremely difficult for me to lose weight. So what would take a normal dieter a couple months to lose takes me a year. Bah
  • blambo61
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

It is extremely difficult for me to lose weight. So what would take a normal dieter a couple months to lose takes me a year. Bah

Are you doing much exercise? I lose a lot faster when I do exercise. I might initially gain some water from it but that is gone after a week and then if I put on muscle I might not lose as fast but I'm still improving my % body fat.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes Deb I'm here with you! How are you feeling? Congratulations on the new goal and the renewed determination. We are going to do it.
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Deb, you inspire me!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Just remember, it's not a race :) As long as the weight keeps going down. There are some things you can try to encourage weight loss like teh others suggested. You can even try drinking two glasses of water before your meal and eat more protein and veg than carbs with your meal.
  • DebSozo
    Options

Are you doing much exercise? I lose a lot faster when I do exercise. I might initially gain some water from it but that is gone after a week and then if I put on muscle I might not lose as fast but I'm still improving my % body fat.

I haven't been doing as much exercise during the holiday season. I'm working in this. It will help to ramp up activity level.
  • DebSozo
    edited January 2017
    Options
    AmeliaOMAD wrote: »
    Yes Deb I'm here with you! How are you feeling? Congratulations on the new goal and the renewed determination. We are going to do it.

I'm very glad that you are staying. I lost one of the pounds I gained over the holiday. I am hoping that most of the recent holiday gain is water weight.
  • DebSozo
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Back to "mindful" eating. I know that my problem during the holidays is that I stopped thinking about being a careful meal planner. I always do better by making things in advance or planning. I'm back on track and am working on planning carefully and making good choices.

Last night hubby and I were watching one of the food network shows and fried chicken was the subject. It started making me want fried chicken.

Husband offered to drive 20 minutes each way to get KFC extra crispy chicken. I have not had that since last summer and was sorely tempted. (I even briefly thought about trying to make my own.)

But then I started thinking about this random trigger. I wouldn't have wanted it unless I was looking at the gorgeous pieces on TV.

I was hungry (pre-dinner) and tired. I thought about wanting to lose weight and the calories added by consuming the KFC crispy chicken.

Ultimately I decided to eat a small plate of roasted chicken (6 oz) and veggies instead. Afterwards I felt very happy that I didn't go out to get some KFC and did not consequently go over my calorie intake goal.
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That was so strong of you!
    It's so very easy to get triggered from what we see, I know. Good work!
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's letting your deepest motivation rule, not just the temporary ones (even though they can tell so loud!). That's great :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited January 2017
    Options

I haven't been doing as much exercise during the holiday season. I'm working in this. It will help to ramp up activity level.

I ordered two Essentrics dvds. It's mostly stretching (beginners) and Joe said it is okay to use and it won't stress the body. Maybe this is something you could begin with. You can 'Google' Essentrics and there are some short videos you can follow on youtube if you're interested.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Stretching the body helps with digestion, relaxation and tissue repair and will help you to reduce cortisol the stress hormone and help you to sleep better. Just take it slowly at first.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Stretching the body helps with digestion, relaxation and tissue repair and will help you to reduce cortisol the stress hormone and help you to sleep better. Just take it slowly at first.

Thanks for the advice Abm4n....it makes me feel good.
  • DebSozo
    Options

Thank you so much. I've had sleep issues for a long time. Cortisol and stress do impact me. I plan to do the stretching exercises.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Thanks Abm4n. I've been trying to find ways to lower my cortisol. Cortisol makes me so tired.
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    *starting to stretch while I'm reading...* e5034520.gif