Back at it..Keto-ing since 1/1/17..

Options
kwwall09
kwwall09 Posts: 5 Member
Hey everyone! My name is Kimberly. I'm 32 yrs old, 5'6", started at 240 lbs, goal weight is 130, living with hypothyroidism due to total thyroidectomy and right sided lymphnodectomy in 2006 from thyroid cancer.

I initially began my keto journey in March 2015 and had to stop (after losing 30+ lbs) about 3 months into a surprise pregnancy. I wasn't able to stay in ketosis due to morning..err all day sickness but my OB agreed that I should just limit my carbs as much as I could stand and limit my sugars. One major win during my pregnancy was the fact that I managed to avoid gestational diabetes this time around! That was huge for me. My OB couldn't believe it.

Now here I am many, many months later and I'm back on the keto bandwagon! Sooo excited and doing great. Woke up this morning full of energy. I avoided the keto flu like the plague (thank goodness). I'm definitely in this for the long haul and feel so thankful to have found this wonderful lifestyle!

Here's to all you Ketoers! Stay calm and Keto on!

Replies

• tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing story, I wish you the best!
  • kwwall09
    kwwall09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you and you as well!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Remember to stay on top of your sodium and magnesium. The so-called keto flu can strike at any time, especially when you reach a deeper level of ketosis or adaption.

Congrats on the incredibleness of the rest!
  • BethHanson
    BethHanson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We have some similarities...I lost about 45-50 lbs in the course of 1 1/2 months starting in January of 2014, I got to my goal weight of 130-125 and then was blessed with getting pregnant with my third child in August of 2015... I gained all my weight back lol and my baby boy was born in April of 2016 and in may of 2016 I was diagnosed with non Hodgkin's lymphoma (a type of blood cancer). I am now (knock on wood) cancer free and ready to get back to a healthy weight and lifestyle. Have done the low carb on and off, usually to kick start my diet or when I hit a wall. Doing it full gear now! I turn 31 in a couple weeks and am hoping 31 will be a way better year than 30 lol
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @BethHanson - Congrats on beating back cancer and on the baby! As well as on coming back to keto. Keeping a low sugar protocol is very helpful in the cancer fight, to my understanding... So, here's to making the coming year(s) better than the last!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    BethHanson wrote: »
    We have some similarities...I lost about 45-50 lbs in the course of 1 1/2 months starting in January of 2014, I got to my goal weight of 130-125 and then was blessed with getting pregnant with my third child in August of 2015... I gained all my weight back lol and my baby boy was born in April of 2016 and in may of 2016 I was diagnosed with non Hodgkin's lymphoma (a type of blood cancer). I am now (knock on wood) cancer free and ready to get back to a healthy weight and lifestyle. Have done the low carb on and off, usually to kick start my diet or when I hit a wall. Doing it full gear now! I turn 31 in a couple weeks and am hoping 31 will be a way better year than 30 lol

I'm so glad you are cancer free!!