What do you eat at restaurants?

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    Steak is my go-to if it's on the menu. And I'll drench it in real butter. Steamed veggies for a side. I try to stay away from salads since the dressings are usually full of sugars. Burgers are sometimes a safe bet. Toss the bun, of course and ask to make sure the burger doesn't have carb laden fillers. Fish if it isn't breaded. Pork chops if they aren't breaded. Any restaurant that serves breakfast all day will have bacon and eggs, just don't get the toast or hash browns.

If I am being super careful about this, I will ask for oil & vinegar on the side and put it on myself with salt & pepper.

• dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I always choose steak if it's an option! Or prime rib. Unless I am at a seafood restaurant, then crab legs and butter!!! Yum! If neither are available I go for the bunless bacon cheese burger.

If ordering from a pizza place, I go with naked wings and just add my own hot sauce at home.

I don't eat much fast foods so that usually don't come up but bunless burger would be my pick.

Breakfast of course is super easy...eggs sunny side up with bacon.

And I get Subway's spicy italian chopped salad occasionally
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Almost always have a bacon cheeseburger without the bun, or steak and veggies with butter

This is my go to also but w/o the cheese, do ask for extra pickles--- it's super to eat out & enjoy, request double veggies, extra butter and salt your food.....as for alcohol, I have found champagne or/and Prosecco with 1 carb per 5 ounce serving.

At any Asian restaurant, from this blog and the Reddit blog, I learned to order, "no sugar, no flour and no cornstarch" ---- still delicious with the spices & oils.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »

At any Asian restaurant, from this blog and the Reddit blog, I learned to order, "no sugar, no flour and no cornstarch" ---- still delicious with the spices & oils.

I love eating Asian as it's the easiest for me, I order the same above, and add prawns, or fresh mushrooms and chicken (it's a specialty of an Asian buffet I frequent). Even if the prawns are battered I have been known to take a whole plate of them, pull off the breading and then eat all the prawns on top of my beef & broccoli, lol. Oh yeah, ask for sesame oil and chili garlic sauce to top stuff off.

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Salmon and broccoli, steak and steamed veggies, fajita salad without the bowl, bunless burger with cheese, grilled chicken, etc.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    Any steakhouse - Plain steak with butter and veggies. Stay away from pulled pork or ribs, those sauces are sugary.
    Ruby Tuesday offers something called Texas Dusted ribs, which "only" clock in at 13g carbs for a full rack. All of the others are sugarsnot covered though.

Full Rack TD: 1023 kcal, 69g fat, 13g carbs, 88g protein, 1939mg sodium.

"Sugarsnot" is the name of my new band.
  • ShanBanKrup
    ShanBanKrup Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wherever I go to eat, I almost always make sure they have salads. I love salads that have iceberg lettuce mostly in them as that is practically no carbs at all and great to munch on and fill yourself up. Mexican places I don't go to too much, but when I do, I always try to order a bulk of my meal as a high fat meat and veggies with no rice or beans or breaded sides. Salsa is nice but it's easy to rack up sodium and carbs as tomatoes are higher carb. But yea salads are usually my go to for low carb and to keep it fun I always try to order a salad that has variety in it and not just chicken and veggies.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Salsa is nice but it's easy to rack up sodium and carbs as tomatoes are higher carb... .

If you're doing keto, sodium is your best friend!!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »

Is it organic?
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Love all these posts! I rarely eat out but when I do, it is steak with a smothered veggie...usually broccoli. In the rare case that I am on the road and feel the need to do fast food, I either opt for BWW or go to Taco Hell and order 4 crispy tacos, a side of sour cream and a side of jalapenos. I dump everything out onto a wrapper...throw the taco shells away and devour the rest.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

It has a sketchy looking outer crispness that I don't trust
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

What? You don't want to each sort-of-chicken-mechanically-smashed-together-using-unpronounceable-chemicals that is covered in the cheapest carb-laden breading and then fried in the cheapest most processed vegetable oil they can find?
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    At the more traditional Mexican restaurants I'm a fan of the Chile Verde or Chile Colorado which are basically chunks of pork or chicken in either a green chili/tomatillo sauce or a spicy red chile sauce.

Got the Chile colorado the other day and ordered some Queso Fundido on the side and added it. Spicy creamy goodness!
  • CanadianMissy
    CanadianMissy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I am at a Mexican restaurant I just eat the meat, cheese, peppers, onions and the sour cream and salsa. I just skip on the tortillas.

My fave meal is a really good hamburger. I just eat it bunless and ask for extra lettuce, tomatoes and onions. I eat it with a fork.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Grilled fish is my choice if available. If not, then steak. If neither, then fried eggs (it's the only way to be certain they're whole and not from a carton). For sides I'll have sautéed or steamed veggies, green leaves preferably. If cooked greens are too difficult I'll have a tomato and lettuce salad without seasoning.

::flowerforyou::
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    Any steakhouse - Plain steak with butter and veggies. Stay away from pulled pork or ribs, those sauces are sugary.
    Ruby Tuesday offers something called Texas Dusted ribs, which "only" clock in at 13g carbs for a full rack. All of the others are sugarsnot covered though.

Full Rack TD: 1023 kcal, 69g fat, 13g carbs, 88g protein, 1939mg sodium.

"Sugarsnot" is the name of my new band.

How many bands do you have, babes?
  • RalfLott
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

What? You don't want to eat sort-of-chicken-mechanically-smashed-together-using-unpronounceable-chemicals that is covered in the cheapest carb-laden breading and then fried in the cheapest most processed vegetable oil they can find?

Bwaahahahaa!

Now that you put it that way..... Bring it on! :s
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

What? You don't want to each sort-of-chicken-mechanically-smashed-together-using-unpronounceable-chemicals that is covered in the cheapest carb-laden breading and then fried in the cheapest most processed vegetable oil they can find?

Mmmm. Nummy! Food like products!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Cluck cluck

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe