Here is to a New Year! JANUARY!

Options

Replies

• Momcasciotti
    Momcasciotti Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Another gym class today! It is fun working out with other people. I'm so glad they let me bring my daughter, it's the only way I can get things done!

My husband bought me an Apple Watch for Christmas. It tracks my heart rate and then calculates calories burned. It is pretty awesome to track my exercise somewhat accurately. I was guessing pretty low before.
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Holding at 147.5 for now, which is fine. I'm feeling healthier and more energetic now that all the holiday food is behind me. Unfortunately, I tweaked my neck a few nights ago (just slept on it wrong), so that has me really sore. And I have blocked sinuses now. So I've been keeping any activity pretty light.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,864 Member
    Options
    Lori classes can be so rewarding. Chris loves hers. Hope your apple watch really helps!

Michelle I need to get back to about 147 for now. I am holding at 150, and that little bit of difference is a lot! Get well soon.

Shell
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    I went up today - probably too much p-nut butter on the HoneyCrisp, but it was worth it. Expect it to go down tomorrow. Not worried. Most of us seem to be within range of our goals.

Trick now is not to eat anything the rest of tonight. Being way under my calorie limit makes a snack real tempting. Just saying "no" - especially at night.

paula

@WranglerMichelle - love your picture with Milton.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,317 Member
    Options
    I am up too. Too embarrassed to write it down. Went to the store starving...not a good plan, as you all know. Anyway...I'll see how today goes. We pick Ronan up at 8:00. I have an eye doc's appt this afternoon.

Later my friends,

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I have been the same. But I have added some vegetables and fruit into my diet again. And I am so not writing it down!

Paula less peanut butter on them apples! You can do this! B)

Shell
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Me too! Up. Afraid to say how much. Not writing it down!

Was feeling so positive yesterday, then started nibbling. Ugh ugh ugh. A lot of it was after midnight, so I counted it as today's breakfast. So technically I can stay under limit between the two days - if I'm good tonight. Fingers crossed.

Very stressed. Serious storm headed our way - hoping for the best.

Paula
  • WranglerMichelle
    Options
    @PaulaKro - Thanks! I need to update my picture thread with some more photos. I have plenty more!

I've been 147.5 since January 2nd with one day at 148. I'm not too discouraged by that, though, since I've spent most of that time with a gnarly head cold and a compressed nerve in my neck. Both of which are getting all better, so I should be back on the exercise track soon!
  • WranglerMichelle
    Options
    Scale jumped down to 146 this morning! I was supposed to go to a family Christmas party this afternoon (more food . . . ugh), but my cold is still bad enough that I'd like to stay home and rest. Never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness for this cold. :p
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,243 Member
    Options
    It's been a horrible week. I'm so up I'm not writing it down either. I was feeling really good at the beginning of the month but life happens. And night eating has been horrible. I need to refocus.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I hate to admit I am not saying what I went up to either. Accept for Michelle. Can I say "stay sick"? :blush:

I have been trying harder the last two days. Even logged today! What an eye opener!

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    Oh, man! Oh, man! Oh, man! Oh, man! A four month old from 6:45 to 3:00 or 4:00 is hard work, and it's only been two days! The things we forget! The things that have changed in 33 years! The things they tell you that have changed but really haven't. Our being retired days have just been rolled up in a dirty diaper and shoved into a diaper pail that wants to eat your hand. He is cute as can be and we love him dearly, but I can't find the energy to walk after he is picked up. Besides, we are in the middle of a nasty storm. We did start to go our for a walk late this morning but only got half a block before it started to pour. And the wind is fierce. We came back and played on the mat. It was a good day! bwahahahah!

<3<3

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Chris, the nasty storm is breaking our house. we're moving next door. the garage is popping every few minutes.

paula
  • Momcasciotti
    Momcasciotti Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    @PaulaKro @cpanus hope you guys are all safe with the storm!
    Chris, things will work into a routine, just takes a little time. I had my last baby after ten years, and that was quite a difference. One thing I found that worked well was instead of putting baby down for her first nap, I put her in a carrier and went walking. She would sleep much longer while moving and I got out of the house and moving as well. It was a good way to start the day. Babies love the fresh air!

Lori
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris you are way braver than I. And I agree with Lori. Take the little darling walking with you. :blush: So does this mean you will not be going to grade school any longer? I know you enjoyed the trips down memory lane. B)

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula, I'm so sorry about your house. How scary!

No first grade for me for a while. Ronan is a handful for both of us! DH is wonderful with him. Ronan smiles so big when he sees DH...they are so funny when they are playing on the mat! <3<3

DDD and I worked w/our trainer today. I am so happy DDD is back working out w/me!! I'll be good and sore tomorrow, for sure. We see her again Friday and then she and I will workout together on Monday. DH and I won't be doing our five miles like we were, except Sat and Sunday, until Ronan is much older. We got a little walk in this morning, but it was still pretty windy and cold. We'll just have to see how it all works out.

Chris

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,243 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm going to be braver and post my weight...194.8. It was much higher last week. Eating healthy and lots of tennis. The night snacking & cravings seem to be under control...at least for now.

Paula sorry about your house. Be safe!
    Chris - back to the trainer...woo hoo...enjoy!

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Chris, the nasty storm is breaking our house. we're moving next door. the garage is popping every few minutes.

paula

Oh no Paula. I hope it will all be ok. I know how hard you have worked to get into the new home. :'( Stay safe.

Kathy I am right next to you in that proverbial boat! Back down to 150 this morning. It has been much higher this last week. So happy to be doing better also.

Shell
  • WranglerMichelle
    Options
    Oh my, Paula! Stay safe!!

Well, I think I'm finally on the mend. Had an awful day Sunday where I just felt - and ate - like crap, so that shot me up to 148.5. I'm back down to 147, but I get so mad at myself for getting good results and then totally erasing them in the span of a day. :unamused: At least it's coming back off.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Michelle I know how that feels. I have been pretty mad at myself also. My work pants were getting way tight around my hips! Now they are feeling a little better. I am glad it is coming back off for both of us.

Shell